It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran navy saves US freighter from pirates: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

An Iranian warship responded to a distress signal from the US-flagged Maersk Texas, a cargo ship of 150 metres (500 feet) and 14,000 tonnes, which was besieged by "several pirate boats," the navy said in a statement reported by the official IRNA news agency.

Iran navy saves US freighter from pirates

That was sure nice of them! Too bad it won't affect the sanctions. It should have a positive effect on the current talks going on right now. Maybe they are just paying the U.S. back for rescuing all those Iranian fisherman.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This incident shows sailors are not politicians. I remember some tie ago US sailors helped two Iranian fisherman who were stranded.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They are only a BAD COUNTRY because the USA and other power hungry countries say they are! Simple as that!
edit on 24-5-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The U.S. does make them out to always be the "Bad Guys" I'm just glad that their saliors are willing to help.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yup.

I'm not surprised. If Iran stood there and did nothing, the US would probably find some way to blame them for it, causing even more tensions.

We all know the war mongers in congress and the PTB want another war now that Iraq and Afghanistan are over.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup.

I'm not surprised. If Iran stood there and did nothing, the US would probably find some way to blame them for it, causing even more tensions.

We all know the war mongers in congress and the PTB want another war now that Iraq and Afghanistan are over.

~Tenth

I wouldn't go as far as to say the war in Afghanistan is over just yet. There are still many soldiers fighting over there.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
They are only a BAD COUNTRY because the USA and other power hungry countries say they are!

You speak like the USA is an individual object. Perhaps you mean the corrupt people running the governments of these countries, of which the USA government would be one. The regular people of all the countries of the world have little or no influence over the corruption and sickening foreign policies of their governing bodies. I agree that the spin that Israel uses to try to make Iran seem villainous is deplorable. The US stands by while all this is happening, and then imposes sanctions as do other countries. The war machine which is very profitable for a few people in power keeps grinding on and the people can do little or nothing except spread the word and help to kill off ignorance. There is no such thing as a bad country, only bad governance.

new topics

top topics

join