It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message To the Mods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Look around you. All the people you see in supermarkets, all around, do not know even a small bit of what we know here in ATS. I love those people, but they simply don't know what's a grey, who is Al Bielek, or what is the Illuminati.

I decided to take the time to do something that I think not enough has done: say thank you.

This site is the only site I ever came across that actually runs smoothly, stay coherent, has a great layout. This site has enabled me to discover other like-minded people, people I before never though even existed.

I know, there is GLP (Godlike Production), but GLP doesn't offer as much visual as ATS. Plus, it decided to block access to almost all of it subscribers. It simply doesn't compare to ATS.

Now I can freely discuss far-fetch opinions and see other point of view.

And why is ATS so clean, with no coarse language? Because of you (the mods). You are the one that keep this site from quite literally falling in chaos. Each time I log in, I just kinda feel bad that I didn't say thank you to the ones who are doing all the work. So, here I am now, saying to you mods, Thank you! I didn't meet all of you, but some of you I know are really part of the best staff on internet.

edit on 24-5-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You use the word "know" very loosely. The vast majority is crap, they're better off not clogging up their brains with BS. (Referring to your first paragraph)
edit on 24-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I do agree with this, however every once in a while an issue comes up with the T&C where I think it would be better and more positive for the website to take a slightly different course of action.

edit on 24-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
personally i wouldnt really say that...

when america goes to sleep and australians frequent this site, the mods have all gone to sleep. dead threads hang around till morning.

not very professional
edit on 24-5-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Well you can't expect them to stay around 24/7, that just means they should recruit a mod or 2 from Australia.

I agree that the site is run very smoothly. Being a web developer I do have some suggestions regarding design and usability but all in all it's very good, that's just me being the picky person I am.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
God damn it, has hell frozen over? Someone actually saying THANKS to the mods?

This must be some sort of conspiracy. Where is the indignation. Where is the attitude. The gall. The things that make a "Hey you mods!" post, a "Hey you mods!" post?

I've fallen asleep I am sure, this is some sort of alternate reality my brain has constructed to compensate for the dire every day events around me.

Surely...

You have an agenda op, I know it... it is only a matter of time before I deduce with certainty, what it is all about... alfie.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Damn you, you stole my post.

But na, in all seriousness, let's just remember something, and this is something I've learnt over the past month of being a moderator here - The member's really are key to ATS being as good as it is right now. And I'm not just talking about content posted, I'm talking about the importance of alerting us to the kind of stuff that shouldn't be here, such as personal attacks for example, trolls and so on and on. Genuinely, the job of a moderator becomes 10x as difficult without all of you guys alerting us to stuff and for that, I'm thankful to you.

Sure, there are those that complain about certain thing's and that's fair enough, we're not perfect or anything but at least we are trying to be the best we can be. I mean, we all like ATS after all, we're all fans of the site, if not we just wouldn't be here. Certainly not for as long as we are anyway. After all, are you all being forced to sit at your computers and type away everyday on ATS? No, you're not. Instead you're here by choice.

So, the more you can all alert us to the stuff that shouldn't be here, the better really. After you alert, there will be a discussion that takes place (which is why sometimes action can be a little slow but It's honestly for the greater good) and if we agree that It's a breach of the terms and conditions, the offending post will be gone. Simple as that. For us to help make this a better site for everyone else, first we need the help you from you guys and for all your help so far, I say thanks. And thanks for trying to help make ATS a better site.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Keep pushing,your tongue will go further up the rectum.pat on the back for the censors.half of the mods get rid of any posts they don't agree with,pathetic.why did you feel the need to grovel?maybe you are angling for a job,sad.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thank you for the kind words.

I think RA summed it up quite nicely - ATS is a combination of both staff and members that make it what it is but it is constructed of 100% member contributions. Quite an amazing thing when you think about it.
It is true that we really could not do our jobs without your assistance.
Members alert us to problems that we would never find on our own resources.

HEY MEMBERS!!: Thank you for informing me, educating me, entertaining me, being my friends and even occasional antagonists - I respect and care for you all.

You are my teachers.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You use the word "know" very loosely. The vast majority is crap, they're better off not clogging up their brains with BS. (Referring to your first paragraph)

One mans crap is another mans piece to the puzzle, SpearMint.

You use the word "crap" very loosely.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Keep pushing,your tongue will go further up the rectum.pat on the back for the censors.half of the mods get rid of any posts they don't agree with,pathetic.why did you feel the need to grovel?maybe you are angling for a job,sad.

They trashed my 7 deadly sins thread !!
Bring it back I say !!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I agree, the mods here do a fantastic job.

3rd

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by SpearMint

One mans crap is another mans piece to the puzzle, SpearMint.

You use the word "crap" very loosely.

Well, no. Crap is crap. If it's untrue, it's untrue.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Think about what would the site would like without any mods. These guys work for keeping this site clean and civilized, they prevent this site of looking like Godlike Production. Did any of you went to GLP? Their site is nothing compared to ATS. Bad management, no quick access. The mods are doing a great job. And it seems I am the only one who know how to say thanks.
I have been alerted, lost 500 points because of one of the mods. But the mod always gave a valuable and logical reason for their action. They stay polite, and civilized, and are sometimes the only one who are doing the job of cleaning the mess when some folks decide that it's time to troll.
What's so wrong with a simple thanks?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I just joined this site recently and so far this site has been awesome. The mods are pretty decent compared to other sites.
There are some amazing people here so for that i also would like to say Thank You

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Yeah, mate. You said it.
What sites are you talking about? GLP?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

By the way, I tried to contact Simon Gray to thank him directly but my U2U stayed unanswered. Did Simon Gray passed out?

edit on 31-5-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Simon's around frequently, but his real-life life keeps him very busy. His last login was 5-29. I'm sure he'll see your message eventually.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

He's not "passed out" or anything like that, no, lol. He's just a very busy man and he has a lot of commitments outside of ATS as well as on it. I'm sure he'll get a chance to read the PM in a short while and I'm sure he'll appreciate the thanks too.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright,post by Risisng Against

Well, I almost regret having sent it. I just basically said "thanks, great site", but I meant alot more than that. I think he had a great idea. He though (and developed) something that never existed on Internet before, and that thing is WORLDWIDE. I saw Aussies, Scottish, Middle-East, American, Finnish people commenting. It's simply marvellous. Did ever one of you guys went in GLP forum? It's nothing. Pretty much just another forum, and their forum is, might I add, Illuminati controlled.
Well, he had a great Idea. My PM is ridiculously basic, 'cause I was considering the possibility that Simon went to Heaven and develop the Heaven's ATS.

By the way, Rising Against, I understood (too late) that there was a welcome thread recently about you. I was supposed to greet you but I though that "Rising Against" was in its litteral meaning, so I never went into that thread. "Please welcome our most recent mod, Rising Against". I thought the thread was about people "rising against" the mods, see?

So, sorry for me being a bit late, but: Welcome to the secret art of Moderatory, dear Rising Against. You'll find that the secret art of moderatory is dangerous, mentally disturbing, but that it's worth of being mastered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join