It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional Photographer Snaps "UFO" over Yokota Air Base: May 2012 Annular Solar Eclipse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

What intrigues me is how the report was only available for a short time. I can no longer find trace of it.

Here is the case # that was with the sighting, 38498.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Twilightgem because: Added case #

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nobody has yet "identified" this object so it has certainly not been "misidentified". Do you have some links to these contrails you speak of so we can see a comparison? I agree with the possibility, but the speed of the object throws a curve-ball at the idea.

Plus, I see what looks very much like the clouds are reacting to a high-speed impact as they appear to swirl into a vortex. That leads me to lean more toward a meteoric event.
edit on 26-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Can you ask him if he made the report to mufon and if he knows why it disappeared?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

Sure.

I tried to find any reports from Japan on the MUFON report site, but it doesn't show any. It's possible that the report query tool doesn't work very good on their site. It also takes a VERY long time to show a simple results set for a small query.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Hessdalen

Even more, be careful not to fall into the trap yourself with the terminology.

A "UFO" can't have a shape because by definition nobody knows what it is. UNidentified.

Every "UFO" is really by definition NOT an alien craft, because if it were an alien craft, it would be IDENTIFIED.

This is the best we get from a professional photographer? My gosh. Throw in the towel already. This is ridiculous. A big blurry blob is all this is.

This reminds me of pareidolia, aka, e.g., seeing jesus on some toast! Mmm!

The second one looks more like Madonna. No, not the Virgin Madonna, the UnVirgin one.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So, now we have the event, the MUFON report, full res jpegs and a full NEF raw image to evaluate. Anyone have any analysis? Anyone have any conjecture to what the object may or may not be?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I never made any accusations fullstop
I just said how it is. Your words or the words from someone else do not count for me if I can look for myself instead. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Well then, I've done my part. Let's see what you've got now that I've put up.
edit on 27-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: Clarification

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
...I'm curious about one thing. For a professional photographer, who was planning on photographing the eclipse, that has to be the dirtiest lens I have ever seen in my life. Seriously! is he actually a professional photographer, or just a very active enthusiast?

As for the image, it does kinda look like a contrail, with some possibly some lens/filter distortion. Hard to say though. Thanks, though, for posting the RAW image. It does help us analyze it in Photoshop a lot better.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I talked with him about that. The sensor was the dirty part and he had not cleaned it prior to the shoot yet. Bear in mind that he has over 121,000 shutter actuations by the time this shot had been made. Sensor dust is the most frustrating things for digital slr photographers. I've shot with a Nikon D70, D200 and D3S and I often encountered acquired lots of sensor dust especially if I swapped lenses outdoors. Often i carried a can of air to clean the sensors if it got too bad.

These shots were taken without being properly set up as the situation arrived and departed so quickly. The images are also raw and uncorrected, so you get warts and all.

If it were a contrail, how do you account for the swirling cloud vortexes? Planes don't cause that.

Oh, and he's very much a pro. Gear gets dirty. Cleaning sensors is a constant job. I'm sure if he had the time during this he would have fired test shots, detected the dust, then cleaned or used in- cam dust removal. In this case there was no time for that.
edit on 27-5-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join