It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFo footage over NZ .Timelapse night scene

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I believe they are aircraft. The way they slowly rise seems like what planes do when they take off -- fly straight for a while, then they turn into a different direction. That would explain why the lights change direction so fast. It would be obvious to us if we were viewing this real time. It looks "fantastic" only because it's time lapse.

Pointing toward the ocean? Well, maybe he lied. Could be as simple as that. Who can really say? Nobody but the guy who made the video.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It really looks like an airplane taking off, even commercial airplanes look exactly like that - a lightball when close to an airport.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I think the uploader has more than one camera filming, I may be wrong though. I guess the OP may want to clarify with the youtuber.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

The problem with the aircraft theory is the time taken for them to cross the field of vision.
The speed of the two brightest lights is not consistent with the planets rotation as shown by the movement of stars. IN real time these alleged planes would be at a guesstimate , well below stalling speed,as pointed out by other members. This is based on the assumption that the timelapse footage is consistent through the video.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Great video

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have my own experience in Rotorua.

Holidaying there, we decided to go stargazing. At around midnight we drove up Mount Ngongotaha‎, Mountain Road. The road was locked off just past Aorangi Peak Restaurant, which youll find on google earth. You can even see the gates on street view, around 353 Mountain Road. We walked up mountain road through the tree lined part to the clearing just before the corners turning to the left. We laid down a blanket on the road confident it was blocked to traffic and laid down.

Fifteen minutes later, we see lights coming from the nearest left hand corner further up the road. We crapped our pants clearing up the blanket and hot chocolate from the road and moved to the roadside thinking it was a car.

Instead, the strobe like white flashing lights appeared to approach the corner, but a vehicle would have arrived by then. Instead it seemed like the lights were coming from something static around that corner but more on the grassed area. Once we realized it wasn't a car we promptly left in a silent frenzy.

If you look at the area on google earth you can see there are no other roads past the locked gates and the only building last that point is an antennae or transmission station. It is not a hunting area. I have no idea what we encountered but the feeling of dread hasn't left me since.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join