It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Destroyed in UEFA Euro 2012 Official China Promotion Video...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The Third World War, during the European Football Championship 2012? The simbols of Europe, the Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and the Colosseum... totally destroyed. This disturbing Chinese video show destruction, fear, hate and terror... Why this? Football as WAR? An horrible show.

edit on 24/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed caps

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Why not ? They think this way they will attract more chinese tv viewers of EURO 2012 .... nothing of conspiracy here .
Good animation though.
edit on 24-5-2012 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I wonder how the Chinese would react if the roles in this situation were reverse?

With Hip, slick and cool music playing while Beijing was being bombed and burning in the background....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

good one

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Showing the battle between teams?

I dont think there's a conspiracy here

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You are right! I do find the video a little over-the-top to hype a sporting event. My guess, is if a country of Europe decided to make a video about Chinese landmarks and cities being destroyed? There would be outrage by China. Remember the fiasco that started when they were remaking that movie "Red Dawn," and in the remake the invading Army was going to be the Chinese? After the expected furor from the Chinese, the filmmakers decided to change the protagonists from the Chinese to North Korean soldiers.

'Red Dawn' remake: Is Hollywood 'kowtowing' to China?

But MGM is going a step further with its 2011 remake of Red Dawn, the 1984 thriller in which a team of kids attempt to fend off a Soviet invasion of the U.S. The studio originally filmed the new movie with Chinese villains (since there's no longer a Soviet Union) — but, in a last-minute switch, is digitally replacing the flags and uniforms to show the national symbols of North Korea, not China.

The movie has not even been released yet. Can't go stepping on China's toes because of their new found image as the big man on campus. Or so they think? Besides, there is already video and photos of China's destruction. Look no further than the archival videos and photos of Japan's invasion of China during WWII. That was not produced on some sound stage, or on a graphics program, but happened in real life. For example, I can recall the bombings of Shanghai, Nanking, and I even recall seeing a video of Japanese soldiers marching in the Forbidden City which is China's former imperial .quarters. They are just throwing their weight around, and other emerging powers have done it before.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There is another thread here about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is certainly strange and also worth noting that Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate is also in the ruined buildings.

edit on 24-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by xavi1000

I wonder how the Chinese would react if the roles in this situation were reverse?

With Hip, slick and cool music playing while Beijing was being bombed and burning in the background....

How many American movies glorifying war have been made?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So this video has nothing to do with the sporting event?
I'm sorry but China makes tons of War movies not to mention some very graphic Kung Fu movies [Which as an American] I would go to the theaters down in Chinatown in Los Angeles were I grew up with a Chinese American friend of mine and watch all kinds of Bad ones.

I was a kid and didn't care.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

So this video has nothing to do with the sporting event?
I'm sorry but China makes tons of War movies not to mention some very graphic Kung Fu movies [Which as an American] I would go to the theaters down in Chinatown in Los Angeles were I grew up with a Chinese American friend of mine and watch all kinds of Bad ones.

I was a kid and didn't care.

It's a form of media, the destruction of the world over a battle of soccer. I just don't see it as something more than that. And, pretty much look at it like all other media.

I can see the point of some claiming bad taste, but then again us Westerners just recently let out the Twilight series onto the world. Maybe I'm feeling guilt ridden.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't see that way.
I wont pander to them and try to play nice. I call it like I see it.
It's pretty blatant and over the top IMO.

But to each their own

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Can anyone translate what the Character is singing about? I think that would be more interesting. He might be singing about how much the chinese love watching European Football Tournaments. The Chinese are currently spending a lot of money on there own national league. Bringing in big players from European teams. They can afford to pay the wages these players have become accustomed to.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I don't see that way.
I wont pander to them and try to play nice. I call it like I see it.
It's pretty blatant and over the top IMO.

But to each their own

You won't pander to TVB? Were you this mad about the world cup video?

edit on 24-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Can anyone translate what the Character is singing about? I think that would be more interesting. He might be singing about how much the chinese love watching European Football Tournaments. The Chinese are currently spending a lot of money on there own national league. Bringing in big players from European teams. They can afford to pay the wages these players have become accustomed to.

To be honest the lyrics are a little on the extra side. If most people on this forum knew what it was saying they'd have a fit...

Link

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Mad?

I'm not mad. Why should I be? I'm not a fan of the sport. Frankly, I could care less who plays or wins. The OP posted the video and after reviewing it I asked a fair question. One shouldn't make assumptions.

Just a suggestion

edit on 24-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It was a rhetorical question.

If China and the West are going to get into pissing matches the rest of us best ignore it so we don't have all those terrible movies made like in the 70s and 80s with all the "evil commie pinko red Russians"

edit on 24-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Evil?

Nah, But diffidently pinko @ the time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
People take "football" too serious they always have.

Just a video imo.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well whoever wins I hope is causes the most controversy.
I enjoy watching the spectacle of the aftermath.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry but China makes tons of War movies not to mention some very graphic Kung Fu movies [Which as an American]

Grew up watching Jackie Chan,Jet Li,Bruce Li, and Andy Lau watch a lot of netflix some good movies there there are clear difference between Holly wood and Chinese cinema.

Biggest thing i don't like is the hero always dies at the end.

Well whoever wins I hope is causes the most controversy. I enjoy watching the spectacle of the aftermath.

Almost more entertaining than the game itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join