It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Rumbling Sound in India

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Another rumbling sound, being blamed on a small quake.

Rumbling sound in India


NAGPUR: Rumours of a huge explosion-like sound which could be heard in a radius of about 50-60km created a scare among citizens around Wardha, Akola, Amravati, Wardha and Nagpur cities from 2.30pm until late evening on Tuesday. Some called it a mine blast, some a meteorite hitting earth, some others a ball of fire from an UFO while others even believed it to be simply rumbling thunder sound.

In the end, it seems to have been an earthquake.


....


Why are people suddenly reacting to small insignificant quakes?
I'm not buying it.

Still not heard this sound myself
edit on 24-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have an extremely hard time believing that these sounds are caused by small quakes. I have been in many small quakes and I've never heard anything. Are humans truly so stupid that suddenly after all of this time notice the sound of a small quake? I don't buy it.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Oh ohhh - bad vindaloo!!

I know that feeling rather well.

Aheh... hmm, but still, given the place, it could be anything.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
With worldwide efforts to obtain natural gas, I am wondering if the reports of noises and small earthquakes is related to the "air shocks" mentioned in an article I have read:


Analysis of seismic data proved him correct. The quake measured 3.4 — modest in some parts of the world. But triggered quakes tend to be shallower than natural ones, and residents generally describe them as a single, explosive bang or jolt — often out of proportion to the magnitude — rather than a rumble. Triggered quakes are also frequently accompanied by an “air shock,” a loud tearing or roaring noise. The noise “made me feel it was some sort of supersonic aircraft going overhead,” said Heinrich Schwendener,
NYT article link



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i cannot say for sure as i am not a geologist or any such thing, yet i cannot help but think:

if these "strange sounds" occuring aroung the globe were nothing more than mere seismic shudders, would it not be plausable to assume that these noises would be commonplace and therefore of no mention whatsoever?

yet here we are discussing them... so they MUST be a new pheonomenon.

not to mention these auditory events are not just being discussed within the conspiracy circles, but by MSM news outlets as well, also they are being reported by citizens of nominal repute (e.g. police officers, mail carriers, etc.)

quite intriguing indeed!
S&F.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Another rumbling sound, being blamed on a small quake.

Rumbling sound in India


NAGPUR: Rumours of a huge explosion-like sound which could be heard in a radius of about 50-60km created a scare among citizens around Wardha, Akola, Amravati, Wardha and Nagpur cities from 2.30pm until late evening on Tuesday. Some called it a mine blast, some a meteorite hitting earth, some others a ball of fire from an UFO while others even believed it to be simply rumbling thunder sound.

In the end, it seems to have been an earthquake.


....



Why are people suddenly reacting to small insignificant quakes?
I'm not buying it.

Still not heard this sound myself
edit on 24-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)



I gotta say, living on this side of the planet, the earthquakes are quite loud. I know, I've heard them many times. In fact, I heard and felt the one we just had this past week. It was very loud. When I first moved here, I actually thought the military was practicing munitions exercises, until someone told me they don't do that out here. We're talking HUGE, rumbling. massive explosive sounds...bigger than thunder, bigger than the afterburners of the jets that take off and land at the Air Force Base.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 


By here, you live where?
What size quakes have been making these sounds?

These are small quakes being " heard". Some have been as low as mag 1 correlating with these sounds.

If a boom sound is reported by one or more citizens in any given place they're blaming them on supersonic jets.
Started off they dismissed the sounds altogether, then suddenly they have explanations after all, none of which seem authentic.
edit on 24-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 


wow. that's really interesting!! i've heard/read many times that small quakes are generally unnoticed. i'm very intrigued to read you've experienced so much noise. that could explain a lot of the rumbling heard on this side of the earth. i wonder why the quakes are acting different now



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Gseven
 


By here, you live where?
What size quakes have been making these sounds?

These are small quakes being " heard". Some have been as low as mag 1 correlating with these sounds.

If a boom sound is reported by one or more citizens in any given place they're blaming them on supersonic jets.
Started off they dismissed the sounds altogether, then suddenly they have explanations after all, none of which seem authentic.
edit on 24-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)


Japan, (southern). I know what sonic booms sound like....I've heard them enough having lived on military bases most of my life. I just find it a little odd that I hear these booms, then the shake comes. Most times, it's a very small quake that unless you're sitting absolutely still, you'd have no idea one had hit. However, the one we just had last week caught my attention immediately. I heard a huge rumble, almost like jets, but much bigger, then some big thuds....then the shaking began. Since I've experienced it several times already, I almost expect the shaking when I hear the booms, but it's not always the case. Many times during the week, my house will creak and groan when I hear thuds, but there's no shaking....just cracking/settling sounds.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven
 

Thanks for your replies.

Sounds like its not the small quakes making boom sounds in your location, but the larger ones, if I have that right.

That's what we all find so odd, is these small ones, that like you said you would have to be sitting perfectly still to notice, are now very loud. Small quakes happen often near my location and I don't hear a thing, nobody does.
I've only ever heard sonic booms from US military jets when they visit during August air show time. The only loud noise I've ever called the police about would be a car crash.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Gseven
 

Thanks for your replies.

Sounds like its not the small quakes making boom sounds in your location, but the larger ones, if I have that right.

That's what we all find so odd, is these small ones, that like you said you would have to be sitting perfectly still to notice, are now very loud. Small quakes happen often near my location and I don't hear a thing, nobody does.
I've only ever heard sonic booms from US military jets when they visit during August air show time. The only loud noise I've ever called the police about would be a car crash.


Well, no actually, I hear the small ones too. The "big ones" I feel are generally in the 3 to 5 range....it was a 5 we had last week. That's big for me, considering I was not raised here. But in the grand scheme of things, a 3 to 5 magnitude is fairly small. These are the ones I hear the most. I definitely hear rumbling from a certain direction, however, and that's strange. Like a distant thunder, it always comes from the west (of my location), regardless if it is accomanpied by shaking or not. Even when in my house, my dogs will jump and look in that direction. We may or may not be talking about the same thing, but I just wanted to give my personal experience. If the 3 and 5's are this loud, I sure as heck don't want to hear what a 7 or 8 sounds like.



posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by violet
 


Just realized something....I looked at the date in which this happened, and it coincides with the big rumbling I heard. It hasn't been the first time. The direction it comes from is the west, which would be where India is located in reference to my location. I'm wondering if what we experienced is directly related to what they experienced? Hmmm...



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join