It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints first ever Assassination Czar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Obama appoints first ever Assassination Czar

www.examiner.com

According to a report from the Associated Press, John Brennan has now seized the lead in choosing who will be targeted for drone attacks and raids.

[...]

As the Associated Press describes it, "The effort concentrates power over the use of lethal U.S. force outside war zones within one small team at the White House," following criticism that sometimes the C.I.A. kills people whose identities it doesn't even know.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theatlantic.com
www.google.com
www.pbs.org

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
And here is the problem with allowing ultra-top-secret programs to exist: those who are in the position to push back on this move are legally unable to do so in the public sphere, where pressure from the electorate could be applied. Was the "Gang of 8" or anyone elected (besides Obama) even told about this?

www.examiner.com

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I have been willing to overlook the blood on barry's teeth, since the temptations of fame and power oft affect the young and unwise in foolish ways. Tonight, I put him in the same bed as rahmsie. They go, together, into exile from anywhere that matters.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What do you suggest?

Do you think the people (all the people, after all that could only take what ...several years) of the US should have a vote on who dies and who lives?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

And here is the problem with allowing ultra-top-secret programs to exist: those who are in the position to push back on this move are legally unable to do so in the public sphere, where pressure from the electorate could be applied. Was the "Gang of 8" or anyone elected (besides Obama) even told about this?

www.examiner.com

RT is always good stuff. Basically, John Brennan will be deciding who lives, and who gets a hellfire missile in their ass, here in America too. I mean, a group of people in the white house?! Seriously? I can't even..THESE mother#ers have got to go ^^
edit on 24-5-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The Emperor has his Chief Executioner.

Obama on his throne, "Slay someone for me, I grow weary of the mundane passage of the day."

"Yes, your highness."

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
RT- russian money, american praise, british reporters and alex jones.
LOL
I don't know how anyone can take them seriously. They do put out some unusual concepts but they're not to be trusted.
Same with al jazeera
edit on 24-5-2012 by HamrHeed because: -

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
what the hell is this, Dune?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Obama and his new Czar! New video footage. Warning! Graphic

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is a dangerous precedent, this is not about war zones this about domestic war zones, our corporate dictatorship is getting out of hand, we the people never have given power to the government to use as executors of human life.

The domestic drone spying is a done deal, the corporate dictatorship already have written the laws and pay the whores in congress to pass it.

People still doesn't get it, this big, so big that when friends and family members start to become targets under domestic terrorism and the new appointed gestapo to die is when they will realized that we are no longer govern by a government of the people.

The only ones to blame for this take over of American rights is only us we the voters, tax payer and citizens are the only ones to blame, for sitting idle and doing nothing.

We are to become worst than what Nazi Germany became, we already have a patriot act to kill our rights under terrorism we already have plenty of laws passed to step and violate every aspect of our lives and when all this bills, acts and laws are put together we will have nothing left of our constitutional rights.

edit on 24-5-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg: what do you expect people to do really? Every presidential candidate has their pubic hairs combed by satan himself.
I mean, there's no excuse for the excuses they give yall americans as a whole.
Your constitution means nothing and it's a huge blow to the world. You were the light but are flickering. N o offence.
I know that it's global but america always brought us hope until recently

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

What is governmerning in the white house now and for the last few decades is not a rightful government of the people, but a corporate dictatorship that has not room in our constitutional rights.

People in America are slow learners they can not even dream that our nation has no rightful government anymore, that is why the take over is so easy while the dictatorship keeps using the propaganda of "safety" fighting "terrorism" and for the good of "the nation".

Sadly every oppressor gets its end historicaly that is the truth. In America the longer we allowed this take over the uglier will be the outcome when people raise up and say enough is enough.

We are letting this corruption within our government go unrestricted for too long.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

The last I heard the word was "murder". All these guys are murderers, they just happen to have an office instead of an apartment or an air-conditioner (homage to "Dexter"). Their hearts are the same, or worse, than your average serial killer who has to work hard to keep his numbers up while these guys can knock off a hundred with a push of a button. Nice to be the King.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I haven't been asleep on this one: I have begun to examine how different media covers this... differently. Lacking time to do this professionally I offer my rough beginning. I had planned to start a thread on this topic here as well... but it's just as well that 00nunya00 has brought us the European media piece on it via the UK and Russia.

Here's some others... note the differences in the narrative, the parsing of words, and the inferences you are obviously expected to draw....

Number 1: Defense Systems: White House, not JCS, to coordinate terrorist targets for UAV strikes

In this tiny article it is pointed out that the White House will be responsible for the process of coordination and decisions

Number 2: Associated Press: DoD role minimized in deciding drone targets

This more lengthy and descriptive article contains interesting content, such as:

...One senior administration official argues that Brennan’s move adds another layer of review that augments rather than detracts from the Pentagon’s role. ...

and:

Previously, targets were first discussed in meetings run by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen at the time, with Brennan being just one of the voices in the debate....

But some of the officials carrying out the policy are equally leery of “how easy it has become to kill someone,” one said. The U.S. is targeting al-Qaida operatives for reasons such as being heard in an intercepted conversation plotting to attack a U.S. ambassador overseas, the official said. Stateside, that conversation could trigger an investigation by the Secret Service or FBI.

Defense Department spokesman George Little said the department was “entirely comfortable with the process by which American counterterrorism operations are managed.

Number 3: The Atlantic: The Questionable Past of the Man Who Decides Who U.S. Drones Will Kill

This publication seems intent on pointing out that this new "Czar," as the RT put it, has a past which clearly shows him to have been so gleeful supporter of torture (euphemistically renamed "enhanced interrogation techniques") and rendition - as to have had to withdraw himself from consideration for CIA director (he publicly issued a letter citing "strong criticism in some quarters" of his CIA advocacy.)

........... Now all of this is to be considered in light of the determination as to what is "propaganda" and what are the facts.....

Thanks for listening.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We get what we deserve and I am sorry but even though most of this stuff is directly done by evil and organized people with a specific agenda, its us who just sits back and watches forming biased opinions and eating all the bs they put out to distract us and never coming together as common people. United we stand divided we fall its that simple and we are really divided right now, they have done a good job at doing bad and we have done a good job at doing nothing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here we go again...conservatives spinning a story to make Obama the boogey man...

Have fun telling lies to each other...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is just getting disgusting! The dicktator Obama is on such a power grab that it is truly sickening. I think this man truly believes that he is "entitled" to rule America and he has absolutely no desire to serve America.

This is really scary too because of the repeated use of the word "terrorists", and giving the fact that Janet Nappytano has already suggested that veterans and people that don't agree with the ideals of the Obama Administration could be terrorists, its only a matter of time before we see the Assassination Czar order the killing of American citizens that they deem to be "domestic terrorists".

We need to band together as a nation, put the dumb a$$ racial and other petty differences aside, and get these bastards out through whatever means necessary. Our nation, our way of life, our heritage, and our future is at stake and will be forever lost if we sit by idly and focus more on American Idol and Dancing With The Stars than we do on the actions of those that we employ and that work for us as they declare open war on this nation and our citizens.

I have seen more combat than I ever wish to see again, but I can't wait for the day that the people wake up and revolution begins. Not because of the violence that will take place but because then maybe, just maybe the government will learn to fear the people again. "When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty." ~Thomas Jefferson

The fact that our government does not fear the people is the reason we are in the position we are in. The government has created so many regulations and unconstitutional laws that they can in all reality lock anyone up for any fabricated reason at any time. Therefore they do not fear us, instead they laugh at us and look at us as nothing more than livestock that is subject at all times to their tyrannical rule of law.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around the rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often the tyrants will and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."~Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Would you look at that!

Obama appointed his very own Heinrich Himmler.

Zeig Heil Zeig Heil!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You know what's hilarious about this thread... And I'm sure some of my colleagues in the fight for freedom will agree with me..

The hardcore ATS liberals are not here defending Obama... Why is that?? Because they know it's true, this is UN-deniable! Outside of the disgusting nature of this... it also shows Obama's lack of experience... Instead of actually doing his job, he hires these czars! Think about that... If you ran a business and instead of doing a majority of the work and you had infinite funds and ultimate power, how many people would you hire to do the work for you...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

the placement of qualified people is good goverment and good business

as a corporate executive obama is doing his job,, as outlined in Management Economics,, 101.

now as a President of a company ,resposable too stockholder Americans,,guess the majority are happy with the company,,

As a President of the the largest ,strongest, Nation,,or is that Corporation?,,kind of a mixture of clay and iron, i guess,, in the HISTORY OF MANKIND,,
we will see.

personally i would not touch his ideas with a 10 foot pole,,no not obama,,his idea of America.
u know the true charactuer of America, as seen from his eyes,,no not Obama,,,
IN GOD WE,,,ya his eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join