It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian space agency confirms plans for Moon base

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see if they encounter any resistance.

If they do, then maybe we'll find out if there is already habitation.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Firstly I think Russia has enough problems in its own country rather than trying to do something this expensive.
Secondly, there is an international treaty that states no sovereign nation can claim any off-world body including the moon. So I'm not sure how its going to work out.

You said it. This could either be just what the doctor ordered after the collapse of the Soviet Union to rejuvenate an oil-based economy, or it could be another nail in the coffin that some call Russia. Whatever it is, they should ask Newt Gingrich for some funding or just include him as I'm sure he would love to take part in something like this after dropping out of the Presidential 2012 race.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wasn't born when the space race happened so anything to do with manned moon missions & building bases i'm all for it.
not worried who builds or funds it just has to be safe for everybody involved

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

When secretly they are in cahoots with each other, no.

With you all the way with that. Above the power structures we are aware of, there are, and have been for a long time, a global group of people who really control things. The pathetic brute force devices used to get off the Earth have been obsolete for a long time, but the number of people employed, and the amount of cash they can syphon out of the taxpayers pockets to continue this nonsense is so large that nothing will change without public outcry. If private corporations want to fumble around in space, let them, but the taxpayers should get out of this big cash cow for the elite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join