It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian space agency confirms plans for Moon base

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Firstly I think Russia has enough problems in its own country rather than trying to do something this expensive.
Secondly, there is an international treaty that states no sovereign nation can claim any off-world body including the moon. So I'm not sure how its going to work out.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
RF HAS A HUGE PROBS INSIDE COUNTRY!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
let them waste their money on a moon base so they will be in the same shape financially as the United States. I thought the Russians were smarter than that. The competition for space exploration takes a toll on the working man.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Given my view that the triangles are multi-purpose craft that can at the least get to the Moon and perhaps to Mars, I think this announcement from Russian is not surprising. For those uninformed, however, it should be surprising in that Russa dropped out of the "space race" a couple of decades ago and has absolutely nothing going for it but their old brute force rockets that we have been forced to use for supplying the ISS.

Their announcement of thinking of a Moon base at this time can only mean one thing: They have some good partners lined up. You could cite half a dozen countries that are making inroads into space, but there is only one that the Russians would be interested in joining. And that would be the US. For their futuristic expansion plans they will need the aid of our triangle fleet. We can suspect that the Russians have used their old rockets as a bargaining chip with the US to be given some access to our triangle capabilities in what is obviously the way of the future beyond rockets

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

In March, a leaked Roscosmos road map suggested that it could send a manned mission for that purpose sometime after 2025

2025?? I don't hold out much hope that there will be a global economy capable of supporting such a venture then. I think we're going to see a rather large and ugly worldwide economic crash well before that and all the space programs in various countries will grind to a halt for decades.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well considering the Russians latest Jet fighters are just as sophisticated as the USA ones, what makes you think they dont have their own "Triangles" (or pyramidskys)?
They took just as many German scientists as the Americans took, with their "secrets".
Many of the Super Veapons of zee 3rd Reich, were based in what eventually became East Germany, and Poland.
The Russians arent as dumb as people think....they just cant build decent cars.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My money is on the Russians teaming with the private sector to get it done. No need to spend a country's cash to get something done that private companies would give an arm and a leg to make just for the fame and the contracts they would get. Imagine not just doing space flights, but having folks pay to go to the moon....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Makes so much sense (to me) now.
US lost the moon to Russia. No more NASA or whatever.
That one astronaut telling that little kid that if he wants to be an astronaut, "you'd better start learning Russian."
Rumors of a US army base, no more.
We sold it to the Ruskies. DARN YOU OBUMMER!!1!1!11

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
they'll never get through the VA belts !!! manned missions are impossible

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder how they are going to solve the issue with meteors. Maybe they just make the base a deep underground. Dont know any other way of doing that.
Also let's hope they start rounding up the Apollo Hoax advocates and then take them for joyride and stick their noses in the bootprints. Too bad the schedule is bit far thought.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It seems as though our countries try taking on each other's failures.
Afghanistan, the moon. Etc xD
It's like little boys trying to one up eachother.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
why dont russia,china,england,well anyone whose got some coin really and work together for the future of mankind,anyway i think usa and russia have a joint space program,isnt the rubbish taken and supplies given to the space station an automonous shuttle that burns up with the rubbish on return to the earths atmosphere infact russian,hmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder why they pretend not to get along

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Personally I hope they succeed. If not the Russians, then SOMEONE. I really don't care about the country, I'm more for it being humanity establishing a foot hold out there.

The only thing I'd worry about is all the empty vodka bottles raining down on the Earth....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Personally I think we should work on a better way of space travel first.

Sticking men in a rocket full of fuel, lighting it and hoping for the best is not very reliable and is extremely inefficient. Building a space elevator is also a very good idea, we now have the material that is strong enough.
edit on 24-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I disagree m8 ,

once we build the base after using the coyote ACME method to attain lunar Bases , ACME big rocket will no longer be needed to break the earths atmosphere and alternative drive systems will come thick and fast in our new low-G shipyards...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Colonising the moon seems a little outdated to me, all this at a time when the US has stopped shuttle launches and outsourced rockets to private corporations to restock the space station.

The US has "stopped" it's shuttle because of 2012 ... even if they "officially" state it's because they're inefficient, the timing for 2012 is perfect.

They are planning to be back on schedule in 2014 :-) ... so, you have a lot of NASA scientists, scared of God's wrath in 2012-13. :-)

The Russian proton rocket, is still the best to carry stuff ... and wether one likes it or not, a Moon base was always a preferred option for any space travel. In fact, it's actually crucial for it. How else are you going to transport fuel up there, to fill up space vehicles?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Sorry, couldn't resist....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is the piece of news I will reflect back on once the space wars commence.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
kudos to russia. i cannot believe for a moment though that it'll actually go through.
*someone* will definitely not let one of 'us' join in the hip parade up there.

i'll have to see it to believe it. (and hoping to see it, because then there will be chances of leaked photos on the internetz)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
hmm another one? intresting how many countries are going to do this aswell..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

When secretly they are in cahoots with each other, no.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join