It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian space agency confirms plans for Moon base

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Russian space agency confirms plans for Moon base

www.theverge.com

Russia's space agency, Roscosmos, has publicly confirmed its plans to create a permanent habitation on the Moon. In a talk at the Global Space Exploration Conference, Roscosmos head Vladimir Popovkin said that "we’re not talking about repeating what mankind achieved 40 years ago... "We’re talking about establishing permanent bases." This isn't the first we've heard about Russia's Moon base. In March, a leaked Roscosmos road map suggested that it could send a manned mission for that purpose sometime after 2025. Popovkin has also previously said his agency was in talks with potential E
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-5-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Dark side of the moon? Wander what they will find?

Colonising the moon seems a little outdated to me, all this at a time when the US has stopped shuttle launches and outsourced rockets to private corporations to restock the space station. I have a sneaking suspicion because they have found a different way to quantum travel rather than clunky fuel rockets into space
The space station and the moon base may just be a nice public distraction

Hope the RUssians have watched Apollo 18 and have the tech to destroy any moon beasties

www.theverge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Personally I think we should work on a better way of space travel first.

Sticking men in a rocket full of fuel, lighting it and hoping for the best is not very reliable and is extremely inefficient. Building a space elevator is also a very good idea, we now have the material that is strong enough.
edit on 24-5-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before some country decided to put a base on the moon, officially anyway. Wonder if this will affect the possible "other" moon bases that may be up there, I mean, how do we really know?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Pretty sure if there are older moon bases the Russians would be more inclined to divulge this info than the yanks. Russians love the paranormal and weird.... and thats a BIG IF there are any older bases.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
america announcing they suddenly must go the moon and build a base in 3...2...1

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

True, there's more chance of it with them or the Chinese. As I've said in previous posts, I'm convinced that the U.S. does have a secret space program. What they're actually using it for is speculation.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

they are on the moon..hoagland and bara know
thats what i read in dark mission

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Undoubtedly. They are letting the kids play in the local sandpit to keep them busy, whilst they do ALL the cool stuff

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Boy,,, Wont THEY be Surprised,,

The'll Have to pay rent,, to the Real occupants ..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
well id love to see the specs for this base....be quite a feat to build and terraform...which would be stupid, I assume it will prolly be encapsulated Total Recall style! MUTANTS

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

LMFAO......aliens to nasa, so you want some land hey, well that will cost you 150 abductions

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
rus pensioners nothing to eat!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I wish them luck.

I'm not holding my breath though. In the 70s there was talk about moon bases by the US. In the 80s by the then economically exploding Japanese. I even saw a documentary about how Mitsubishi had some prefabricated moon shelters in Storage at the time. Nothing came of it. Then in the 90s supposedly the US were going back..

Meh didn't happen.

Then with the latest Chinese launches there is scuttlebutt that they will be building one soon. Now the Russians,. I think out of all involved maybe the Russian will have better luck. They've had good space tech for decades. A bit clunky but reliable IMO.

I wish any and all who attempt it Good luck.

Just stop talking and do it already...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Aww this thread makes me so sad.

Anyway good luck to them. It's about time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Dark side of the moon? Wander what they will find?

A crashed alien (transformers) spaceship

edit on 24-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added picture

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

aww why so sad main?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So Dr. Evil will finally get his Death Ray!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
sounds cool..

just be careful who you send up there..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why would we want to mine or put anything on the moon? It plays a pivotal role in the cycles of eaorden

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join