It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Sunday School Teacher Murderd Shot 6 Times By A Police Officer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
What bothers me the MOST about stories like this, is that they happen so often, no one bats an eye anymore.

Don't gloss over that, THINK about it. COPS GET AWAY WITH MURDER, on such a daily basis (or so it would appear) that it's "business as usual". Nothing to see here citizen, move along.

Really? Is this how far we've come as a society, that the MURDER of our fellow citizens by COPS is "no big deal"?

I grew up in the 70's, cops never pulled this kinda crap. I used to hang with my cousins, we'd pull upto a red light, car is full of weed smoke, (Unlike Clinton, I'll freely admit I did inhale. Twice) and in the next lane is a cop car.

Nobody got pulled out & beat up. Nobody got murdered. This kind of crap didn't happen TO THIS DEGREE forty years ago.

This BS HAS to stop!

>> I don't think what is unusual is that there are Police officers who go unhinged -- it's the nature of the job and possibly (unfortunately) the nature of people who CHOOSE this line of work.

What is wrong -- is who is KEPT on the job. When the Police Chief, Mayor, or DA keeps someone like "pepper-spraying cop" on the force, and either does nothing to reprimand them, or worse yet PROMOTES these people -- it sends a message. Also, the concentration on LOTS of police and low pay is absolutely the WRONG dynamic -- we would be better off with half the cops, making twice the money, and having a much higher bar to get the job.

If being a COP were a thing that were elevated -- then we'd get people who were motivated and exceptional. They would get more respect, because people knew they weren't unable to get a better job.

>> There was a blogger about a month ago who was from the military and stated he CHOSE NOT TO become a police officer -- just because of the lack of honor he felt was portrayed. He certainly might have a hard time fitting in if everyone had a "drop gun" tied on their ankle (as this is a common practice in many areas for accidental shootings). That's the guy you WANT to be a cop -- not the man who got kicked out of a job as prison guard because he was too violent.

Tolerance for the BAD COP is at an all time high -- while at the same time, more laws are being passed like "stand your ground" or permission to "shoot at cops" in your home. More drones and less support for proper procedures means that the public is eventually going to sour on the idea of police. The "good guys" are going to get caught in the cross hairs.

When there is more concern with shutting down protests, than actually bringing justice to the huge crooks on Wall Street -- it's a sign that people in charge want things to escalate. Either there are morons in charge of most police -- or their is a purpose that should all give us something to worry about.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh, I heard an interesting stat watching Bill Mahr recently -- if I heard it right;
Germany's police has fired 85 bullets in the last decade.
In the past week in good old USA, one person received 90 bullets from a group of cops.

WE don't have an epidemic of crime -- we have an epidemic of enforcement that makes the petty criminals seem harmless.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Anyone that has read my posts in other police brutality/excessive force threads knows that I am not a cop supporter.
In this case, I believe that the cop should have shattered the window by another means if possible.
I do question why the woman rolled the window up on his arm and started driving away. That isn't exactly something that accidentally occurs. She made a conscious decision to trap his arm and drive away, thereby endangering his life.
I do not believe anyone should get a payoff for her extremely poor choices of action in this case.

According to two witnesses though, his arm wasn't trapped in the window. And, the model car she was driving didn't have automatic windows, it had the crank style.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Anyone that has read my posts in other police brutality/excessive force threads knows that I am not a cop supporter.
In this case, I believe that the cop should have shattered the window by another means if possible.
I do question why the woman rolled the window up on his arm and started driving away. That isn't exactly something that accidentally occurs. She made a conscious decision to trap his arm and drive away, thereby endangering his life.
I do not believe anyone should get a payoff for her extremely poor choices of action in this case.

According to two witnesses though, his arm wasn't trapped in the window. And, the model car she was driving didn't have automatic windows, it had the crank style.
I didn't realize that, thanks for enlightening me on that point. That changes everything.
I wonder now if she did start driving or not, but if his arm wasn't trapped he had NO reason to even pull his weapon, much less fire it.
In that event, the municipality needs to pay. Maybe they will start to think about who they are hiring, or maybe they will not be able to afford a police force at all. Citizens are better off without them when they do this kind of crap.
edit on 25-5-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

In the past week in good old USA, one person received 90 bullets from a group of cops.

I didn't see that story yet. I would be interested in seeing it though if you have a link.
90 rounds. Sounds like someone got a little excited and forgot to stop shooting, reloaded and forgot to stop shooting again.... and again.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

I didn't realize that, thanks for enlightening me on that point. That changes everything.
I wonder now if she did start driving or not, but if his arm wasn't trapped he had NO reason to even pull his weapon, much less fire it.
In that event, the municipality needs to pay. Maybe they will start to think about who they are hiring, or maybe they will not be able to afford a police force at all. Citizens are better off without them when they do this kind of crap.
edit on 25-5-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

No problem at all...I've been following the story for awhile. It's interesting to see how corrupt that town really is while following this case.

I'm not sure if you saw my post above but, apparently a woman has come forward to say that the same officer involved in this shooting used excessive force on her while responding to a domestic violence call 4 years ago and the police dept. has been ignoring her complaints.

On top of that...the commonwealth attorney recently retired due to a controversy surrounding a conviction in 2001 that was over turned by a federal judge...The kid was 15 when convicted and spent 12 years locked up for something he didn't even do!!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So if I become a cop do I get to kill anyone I want for whatever reason too?

Apparently....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Yup, I remember the case. Thanks pointing out the crank windows. I was going to as that's an important bit of info.

I also where Patricia Cook shooting: Prosecutor asks for special grand jury.

So hopefully, the truth will come out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
reply to post by stirling

You cant stereotype all cops for one incident especially since there is still only speculation. It would be like saying all black people need to be replaced after one commits a crime. Or its like saying all Priests need to be replaced after one molests a boy. Or all football players need to be replaced after one fights a dog. Or all soldiers need to be replaced after one shoots random innocent people. Those are all real people too aren't they?

No, cops aren't real people. When PEOPLE commit crimes, there are consequences.

When cops commit crimes, it's off-duty with pay.

And this isn't one incident, it's a growing trend.

/not trolling

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So if I become a cop do I get to kill anyone I want for whatever reason too?

Apparently....

In all seriousness, it appears that way. I'm not sure if you saw the video posted by Josephus but, it was gut wrenching the way that situation was handled.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I hope it does but, after just reading the comments on the link you provided...it doesn't look good. The special prosecutor they brought in apparently has ties to the local police station.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

One of these days there will be a person in the crowd with a radio jammer and the crowd will realize that there will not be reinforcements. Then perhaps we will see these power hungry gestapo thugs get what they dish out.

I am constantly surprised there are not more random shootings of law enforcement.

The police have proven they cannot police themselves. Every police agency needs an independent civilian oversight panel chosen from the property owners in the county in question.
edit on 5-25-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to add words.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I didn't see that story yet. I would be interested in seeing it though if you have a link.
90 rounds. Sounds like someone got a little excited and forgot to stop shooting, reloaded and forgot to stop shooting again.... and again.

It was 8 cops -- so I figure 8 bullets in a normal gun -- that makes 64. Either some had extended mags or a few reloaded.

It's LAPD again -- apparently this guy might have been middle-eastern looking -- so "probable cause" applies;
www.youtube.com.../watch%3Fv%3D39Jzr-ye13Q
latimesblogs.latimes.com...
urbanchat.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by godfather420

One of these days there will be a person in the crowd with a radio jammer and the crowd will realize that there will not be reinforcements. Then perhaps we will see these power hungry gestapo thugs get what they dish out.

I am constantly surprised there are not more random shootings of law enforcement.

The police have proven they cannot police themselves. Every police agency needs an independent civilian oversight panel chosen from the property owners in the county in question.
edit on 5-25-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to add words.

The sad fact is that allowing for corrupt cops means that eventually, the good cops are going to get in the crossfire.

The same ALEC movement that brought us "Stand Your Ground" laws is also pushing for "shoot the cop in your house laws" and more widely available covert weapons carrying permits. I figure the INTENT is to make it more dangerous for Cops.

Once you alienate the cops from the Public by promoting the bad and ignoring the good -- it's not much more effort to create a police state. You foster an "us and them" mentality, and promote an agenda to escalate violence in all cases where a little violence didn't work. The USA already fits the 14 signs of fascism - the rest is just a formality and training exercise.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You are only as free for as long as your complacency is not disturbed by the thuggish law enforcers enforcing unconstitutional self-righteous acts upon you. Then, once you submit against your interests , your Innocent children will undoubtedly and inevitability submit against your wishes(and their own) to the enforcer's own whim.

I don't know a lot about a little but I do know a little about a lot. -Jim Mars-

There are some quacks, there are some kooks, and there are some extremists on this ATS sight. But the truth is here too. It's up to the individual to look for and realize this truth.

Not one of us (with or without family) can take on the responsibility of taking on righting the wrong that is being bolstered by TPTB into our face. All we can do you and I is what we will inevitability end up doing which is performing the leadership role when our brothers and sisters finally do wake up.

We will already know what to do, we will already be prepared. It is you and me that is going to be the leaders in this revolution. We aren't going to start it and we can't stop it. It is going to happen on it's own weather we want it to or not. All we can do is embrace it and direct it when they finally awake.

Prepare yourself and your children and in turn we can lead them when they awake.

-Alien

-Alien

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

According to the witnesses she did no such thing and there was no provokation. That was the policeman's story. Obviously he just felt like killing someone that day.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The problem is a lot of good cops covering up for a few bad apples.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
The problem is a lot of good cops covering up for a few bad apples.

That is a huge factor as well...I recently saw a video that spoke of just such an issue. It also mentioned how difficult the police departments make it for citizens to file complaints against the officers.

I will look around and see if I can find it...if I do I'll re-post it to this thread.
edit on 27-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: spelling

edit on 27-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Its funny how we pay them to work.

Yet we can't fire them.

If we do stop paying them,

we get thrown in jail.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

No, there are too many bad apples, therefore the good ones are FORCED to do nothing about it but either

go along with the show

or get fired.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join