It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Sunday School Teacher Murderd Shot 6 Times By A Police Officer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kankindog
Charges were not filed against Birk because it is believed that he acted without malice towards Williams

Future murderers take note. You can kill without punishment if you do it without malice.

Now where do the elite live? I promise no malice, none whatsoever.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The universal consensus on all of these threads is outrage - yet someone must believe this is okay because it continues to happen. If killing the people officers are supposedly there to protect is a problem it could easily be stopped. No one is stopping it, in fact, it seems to be a policy of sorts.

So one needs to ask: who accepts this as reasonable enough to let it happen with impunity? Why are officers, who are there to PROTECT the populace at large, trained with the technique of killing the very same people? How does an officer go from "I'm here to help you mam (by writing you a ticket)" to..... "I'm here to kill you mam (to protect myself)?"

I truly don't think there is a way a human goes from "protect" to "kill" without having their entire mortality system disengaged. I do not find the process of compassion compatible with killing, so I think officers, via their training, are now killers who can act compassionate. i think the "you don't know the streets" line is part of the mind control process that has turned them against themselves. If the job is so bad, and so dangerous, and so fraught with the horrors of humanity: why do it? Because the training to be killer first and compassionate second is no longer a job, but a lifestyle that cannot be undone. Soldiers are in the same boat.

One really needs to think about the mentality of a man who sees a elderly woman in a small town parking lot and whose INSTINCT is to kill her. This is now his instinct, with legal jargon, terms and conditions of the badge and union buddies condoning the new mentality.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
More and more people are waking up to police tyranny...it's why we now hear so many protestors everywhere chanting:

F**K the POLICE! F**K the POLICE! F**K the POLICE!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My stomachs contents are boiling faster than my blood!
(This sickens me if you don't get it)

NOT even the Gestapo where this bad,at least they were predictable,and were "protecting" people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That must be why the states bought all those millions of rounds of ammo.

Pow!Pow!Pow!Pow!Pow!

They just know they are going to be using them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Of course they are going to use them. They didn't buy them to look at. Anyone in denial that it will never happen to them needs to take their rose colored glasses off. These instances prove that their are plenty of cops and military roaming our streets that have totally no conscious and no problem murdering anyone who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are people who are minding their own business bothering no one. Soon it will be your own house. Your own yard. Your own car, and your own work place.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the update I was mortified when I originally heard the story

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
******If you are already familiar with the story you can skip ahead to the update if you like or you may want to refresh your memory*********

A few months ago supposedly a call was made about a suspicious woman in a church parking lot. The suspicious person was Mrs. Patricia Cook. A normal looking 54 year old lady, wife of a preacher sitting in her newer jeep.

The cop said that he asked Mrs. Cook for her licence and as he reached for it she rolled her window up trapping his arm, then proceeded to drive off. The (still unnamed) police officer states that he had no choice but to pump 6 rounds into the vehicle and Mrs. Cook for fear of his life.

However there are at least two witnesses stating that they seen the whole thing clear as day and the story the police officer is telling is not true. Keep in mind these two witnesses were not standing next to each other when this incident occurred and in fact these two witnesses don't even know each other. The witnesses claim that at no point during the police officer's "altercation" with Mrs. Cook was his arm stuck in the window, and that "there was no reason for him to shoot her like that".

Here is an update on this story. I will be checking on this story for more updates when I can.

Mr. Cook’s lawyers, in a very smart move, are suing the police officer alleged to have shot Patricia Cook Feb. 9. This way there cannot be any plea bargain kind of deal and it forces the issue into trial for the alleged shooter to bring it all out in the open. The Virginia State Police will now have to come up with some kind of report of their findings after a lengthy investigation that started on the wrong foot by making it appear like Mrs. Cook was trying to either hurt or kill the shooter.
LINK

May justice prevail and all those trigger happy thugs take note.

-Alien

Going to get alot worse than this Alien. Alot by a far margin. There will come a day when people will be shooting christians in the streets and cheering about it and slapping eachother on the backs for a job well done and it will even make them feel good to commit those murders. The Holocaust will have nothing on what is coming. Morality is leaving this world.

The Dept. of Homeland security didn't order 450 million rounds of dum dums because it's fun, the military isn't practicing urban warfare in rural american towns to change up the monotony of training for the hell of it, The FEMA camps that are built like Auschwitz aren't opening up for hiring just to put people to work out of the goodness of Obama-nation of Desolation's heart. The gag order the government tried to issue for christian preachers nationwide in the U.S. failed. The world is going to war against Jesus Christ and his believers. We stand in their way of world domination and that is why we will have to die. Mass genocide of 2 billion people, it's going to be hell on earth.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Bloody outrageous!!! Next time they'll just shoot you for driving your car or simply owning one. Trigger happy psychotics aren't supposed to be given badges; common sense dictates that!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You cant stereotype all cops for one incident especially since there is still only speculation. It would be like saying all black people need to be replaced after one commits a crime. Or its like saying all Priests need to be replaced after one molests a boy. Or all football players need to be replaced after one fights a dog. Or all soldiers need to be replaced after one shoots random innocent people. Those are all real people too aren't they?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Thanks for this update. I was actually thinking about this story the other day and wondering what ever became of it (of course, this is indicative of the 24 hour/change the channel news cycle, of which I am obviously not immune because I also lost the thread on this story). I have also been wondering about the Marine who was shot when he took his kids to the running track. So, I'm gonna get off my duff, and look it up now and post an update in honor of the work you did on this story...ha! Least I can do I suppose... Peace.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

But its not a single incident. The cops at wrong addresses are killing our animals too. On one thread here on ATS is about a cop appearing at the wrong address and the home owner was playing with his dog outside. Owner of house entered house and cop held a gun at him dog comes running to play sees cop and cop yells Hands up - control your dog. Home owner did not want to get shot so he kept his hands up less than a heart beat after the dual order the cop opened fire on the dog. Point is in the supporting article was a link to a website honouring all the pets that the site is aware of that have been murdered by the cops.

We also have the article here about the tn I40 cash robbery whilst the cops turn there backs on the direction of the drugs. LOL war on drugs well hang on lets collect the cash first.... Hmmmmmmm wake up my friend smell the coffee and prepare!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

This is the exact thing the police told us Tasers were for.In lieu of deadly force.In stead of using a Tsaer they shoot him dead.The police lied to us to get tasers (cattle prods) in the 80's.If we knew what they really had in mind we never would have allowed them.Now they are used when we fail to follow a oral command (cattle prod).I think anytime the police shoot when a taser could be deployed.The shooting should never be justifiable.Just like when they put their selfs in danger by standing in front of a car.I have a ccp if I shot anyone who drove at me I don't think the police would rule it justifible.The officer was 8 to ten feet from the man and was in no danger at that point.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Josephus

Did you say five times!?! he shot him five times?
Please don't tell me that cop got away with that? How many people die at the hands of our own "public servants" every year? And indeed by the hand of our entire government..

Excuse me I need to go puke now.

-Alien

The family of the woodcarver is getting $1.5 million from the city of Seattle in what was ruled an unjustified shooting.

Link to Story.

Williams was killed in an Aug. 30, 2010, police shooting ruled unjustified by the Police Department's Firearms Review Board. Birk, resigned Feb. 16 after King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg announced charges would not be filed in the incident.

Charges were not filed against Birk because it is believed that he acted without malice towards Williams.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Kankindog because: changed quoted text to off-site content

The sickest part is that the taxpayers will foot the bill and these morons will get a slap on the wrist. Not that the family doesn't deserve the money but yeah, that is insulting at best

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It really annoys me when I hear Americans bad mouthing their police force so much.... Childish in my opinion.... reminds me of my peer group when I was younger where "hating " the police was seen as cool..... until we all grew up a bit and realised that the police do in fact do a great job at protecting us and our families... and if we ever got in a pickle they would be the first people we would call.... stop with the childish comments.... you're only embarrrassing yourselves...

I am sure there are some that are bully's and some that are overly aggressive, but the majority do the job for good reasons, wanting to protect the public.....

Same as in every other country in the world......

We have the same bullys here in the minority in the Uk, however, police in the UK are very different in approach and attitude to the public... they are polite, reasonable and friendly... unless you act like an idiot... in which case they treat you like an idiot....

Unfortunately, with guns so prevalent in America the police cannot afford to be polite and friendly like here in the UK..... they are constantly in fear of being shot..... An aggressive public leads to an aggressive police force... they have to prepare themselves for the worst case scenario... and act accordingly...

The worst case scenario in the Uk generally is some idiot mouthing off at them and them having to put them in their place.... The USA could learn a lot from this...

PA.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
I am sure there are some that are bully's and some that are overly aggressive

I think when people here are badmouthing the police it is those few you mention that they are reffering too.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Josephus

Did you say five times!?! he shot him five times?
Please don't tell me that cop got away with that? How many people die at the hands of our own "public servants" every year? And indeed by the hand of our entire government..

Excuse me I need to go puke now.

-Alien

The family of the woodcarver is getting $1.5 million from the city of Seattle in what was ruled an unjustified shooting.

Link to Story.

Williams was killed in an Aug. 30, 2010, police shooting ruled unjustified by the Police Department's Firearms Review Board. Birk, resigned Feb. 16 after King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg announced charges would not be filed in the incident.

Charges were not filed against Birk because it is believed that he acted without malice towards Williams.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Kankindog because: changed quoted text to off-site content

How is five shots in the back of who's basically an unarmed deemed 'without malice' in the eyes of the law??

This type of 'Brown Shirt' behavior amongst more and more offices throughout the States is truly worrying on a number of levels. For starters, the question of 'Who's actually the bad guy out there now??' is now becoming harder and harder to answer with any measure of confidence. Not good... not good at all.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe there are three root problems.

1) The quality of candidates for law enforcement.

When I was a kid, being a cop was something that kids aspired to, as a way of serving the community--usually the one they were born and raised in. Today, policeman is a low-pay, dead-end job that you take if you cannot finish high school

2) Too few police

40 years ago, the rule of thumb in america was 1 cop on duty for every 250 awake citizens. Since then, local governments have stripped budgets to the point where there is 1 to 2000 or even 1 to 3000. Officers are often sent into situations with no back-up that would have been misconduct 2 decades ago. This leads to paranoia and a gunslinger mentality that didn't exist except in the LAPD (where the process started in the 1970s

3) police insulated from the people.

Police have practically ended foot patrols in most of America. Foot patrol kept officers involved and aware. It made them feel like a part of the community, instead of like a soldier in an armored transport. With all the noise of their vehicles and car radio, officers often fail to hear gunshots in the distance. You cannot hear screams for help when you are sitting in a car with the motor on and windows up. This has profoundly affected the police mentality.

Another poster mentioned the different attitude of police in the UK. Police there also don't resent having to get out of their cars to answer a call. They still "pound a beat" to a larger extent than US cops

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

www.wjla.com...

Okay, hopefully I linked that appropriately...

According to this article, the officers name has been released due to the civil suit brought on my the victim's husband.

I recall there being a lot of initial outrage that his name was kept from the public (even though it seems to be somewhat of a protocol???)

So, now they have a face to match to the murderer. His name is David W. Harmon-Wright. He has been on the force for 5 years and is a former marine according to the article.

Another interesting story is that a woman recently came forward to say that the same officer involved in this shooting also used excessive force on her 4 years ago when responding to a domestic call to her home. And, on top of that, she is accusing the police department of ignoring her complaint.

There is all kinds of creepy things going on in that town.

The commonwealth attorney, Gary Close just recently resigned after quite a bit of scandal. A federal judge overturned a capital murder conviction from 2001 against Micheal Wayne Hash due to police and prosecutorial misconduct. Micheal Wayne Hash has since been released after serving 12 years in prison!!!!!

If my link works...all of these stories are listed on the front page.

I'm glad the officer has been identified and hope that this poor woman's husband gets the justice he deserves for the murdering of his wife.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Anyone that has read my posts in other police brutality/excessive force threads knows that I am not a cop supporter.
In this case, I believe that the cop should have shattered the window by another means if possible.
I do question why the woman rolled the window up on his arm and started driving away. That isn't exactly something that accidentally occurs. She made a conscious decision to trap his arm and drive away, thereby endangering his life.
I do not believe anyone should get a payoff for her extremely poor choices of action in this case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join