It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember The Sunday School Teacher Murderd Shot 6 Times By A Police Officer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
******If you are already familiar with the story you can skip ahead to the update if you like or you may want to refresh your memory*********

A few months ago supposedly a call was made about a suspicious woman in a church parking lot. The suspicious person was Mrs. Patricia Cook. A normal looking 54 year old lady, wife of a preacher sitting in her newer jeep.

The cop said that he asked Mrs. Cook for her licence and as he reached for it she rolled her window up trapping his arm, then proceeded to drive off. The (still unnamed) police officer states that he had no choice but to pump 6 rounds into the vehicle and Mrs. Cook for fear of his life.

However there are at least two witnesses stating that they seen the whole thing clear as day and the story the police officer is telling is not true. Keep in mind these two witnesses were not standing next to each other when this incident occurred and in fact these two witnesses don't even know each other. The witnesses claim that at no point during the police officer's "altercation" with Mrs. Cook was his arm stuck in the window, and that "there was no reason for him to shoot her like that".

Here is an update on this story. I will be checking on this story for more updates when I can.

Mr. Cook’s lawyers, in a very smart move, are suing the police officer alleged to have shot Patricia Cook Feb. 9. This way there cannot be any plea bargain kind of deal and it forces the issue into trial for the alleged shooter to bring it all out in the open. The Virginia State Police will now have to come up with some kind of report of their findings after a lengthy investigation that started on the wrong foot by making it appear like Mrs. Cook was trying to either hurt or kill the shooter.
LINK

May justice prevail and all those trigger happy thugs take note.

-Alien

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the update, keep us posted indeed......
The cops in the system all need to be replaced with real people.................
The whole concept of policing needs an overhaul.
The profiles for cops need to be re set.....we get too many bully boys

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Thanks for the update Alien Abduct! I have checked in on the story developments from time to time but, there haven't really been many until now.

Interesting story....I just passed through that town over the weekend on my way to visit family. I had to actually stop for fuel and it just sort of gave me chills knowing what had happened there not too long ago.

You better believe I watched my speed, signaled at every turn and kept a close eye out for any cops.

I also sat in silence after fueling up and prayed for that poor woman's family and sent as much love and compassion in their directions that I possibly could.

Good for the husband in taking this course of action directly against the officer.

Such a sad story.

edit on 24-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

That's very thoughtful and gracious of you M.E. This country needs to be concentrating on these types of stories as apposed to the happenings of celebrities and such. I think we would be doing much better as a country.

-Alien

+11 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What bothers me the MOST about stories like this, is that they happen so often, no one bats an eye anymore.

Don't gloss over that, THINK about it. COPS GET AWAY WITH MURDER, on such a daily basis (or so it would appear) that it's "business as usual". Nothing to see here citizen, move along.

Really? Is this how far we've come as a society, that the MURDER of our fellow citizens by COPS is "no big deal"?

I grew up in the 70's, cops never pulled this kinda crap. I used to hang with my cousins, we'd pull upto a red light, car is full of weed smoke, (Unlike Clinton, I'll freely admit I did inhale. Twice) and in the next lane is a cop car.

Nobody got pulled out & beat up. Nobody got murdered. This kind of crap didn't happen TO THIS DEGREE forty years ago.

This BS HAS to stop!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Honestly, it just felt like the right thing to do. Dealing with the death of loved one is hard enough just on the surface. When someone has to deal with the violent and unnecessary death of a loved one, it's even more painful and confusing.

Thanks again for the update.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

No one bats an eye............this is the key, for so long we have just taken it. Because of in-action look at what has become of it, the public views cops as unmovable forces, but thats not the case. The public if it choose to, could make all the changes it wants if it makes it known in a big way.

Look at what happened with The whole Trayvon Martin case, mass public outcry reformed that department.
When in the HELL are we going to start having the courage to say STOP?!!

Maybe its futile, any protest would be dispersed with lethal force if they choose too. Ive seen a group of 20 cops use force during a protest and the protesters all 5,000 dispersed in seconds!

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This reminds me of this which took place in Seattle.

The man's name is John T. Williams. He was a local artisan woodcarver. He was 50 years old. The second video is sickening. In it you get to have the distinct oppertunity to hear the ranking officer say 'We'll shoot him again if need be." "Then in a sad spectacle 10 police officers approach the dying man (he is stillbreathing at this point) guns drawn in a swat formation, carelessly tossing his body aside About 8 seconds elapse between the first verbal command and the first of 5 shots. Ahh yes I nearly forgot the man was deaf in his left ear. Well maybe you say "he would have heard with his right ear" Indeed he would have had he not been wearing headphones. Though officer birk claimed John was actively carving a piece of wood, the knife was photographed on scene closed.

In his own words his motivation for exiting his vehicle gun drawn is as follows:

Birk, in his written statement later that night, acknowledged that Williams looked like he was scraping a piece of wood with a knife, but added "When he passed directly in front of my patrol car, he was either oblivious to my presence or showed complete disregard for my presence". And this lack of regard for Birk's presence by the otherwise-occupied Williams, as Birk sat stopped at the stoplight, inexplicably seemed to be the motivating factor for Birk leaping out of his car, gun drawn -- he says he found it "unusual", and jumped to the conclusion that Williams "might be the cause of a disturbance, or pose a lethal threat...".

How dare you not recognize the presence of the law.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
YOUTUBE VIDS.......................................................................................

There you have it people, this is what we can look forward too. Complete over-reaction by a thug in uniform. When its too late all of our belly aching will mean nothing! Who of you has the balls to say STOP?!!
edit on 24-5-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Did you say five times!?! he shot him five times?
Please don't tell me that cop got away with that? How many people die at the hands of our own "public servants" every year? And indeed by the hand of our entire government..

Excuse me I need to go puke now.

-Alien

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is just beyond sick isn't it?

How does one live with himself after that sad display. Bunch of damn power tripping morons.

I am not one for Vigilante Justice, but what else is there when the system is completely and utterly broken?

Cops like this need to be made an example out of. Public Hanging, no need for a trial, the video evidence is straight forward. You can stick up those cops who tortured Kelly Thomas to death beside them as well. No wait, even better do them separately that way we don't waste money on buying the extra rope for these scumbags.

It's already complete lawlessness in the hands of the few. This should make any normal human beings blood boil.

OP I wish people didn't have to report on this crap.

S+F for more attention to this subject.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

These videos are disturbing!

What was his reason for even approaching the man?!?! He probably thought he was some bum and trouble. Grrr how I dislike people who judge others based on looks. The guy had a knife but he had a GUN! The guy wasn't even doing anything but walking along minding his own business. How was he in fear of his life?! He shot the man FIVE times, that is completely uncalled for! I hope that cop goes to jail for life. I also wonder if the girl crossing the street in the first video is one of the witnesses. I would think with all those cars around there were plenty of witnesses.

The whole "Swat" approach, what a joke as well. Seriously! It takes that many ARMED men to approach an unarmed DYING man!

As for the OP, this is the first time I have heard of this story, how sad.
This cop deserves jail as well esp since there are witnesses that state his story is false. He thought nobody saw it and he could just make up a quick story after murdering another person. Ahhhh, they so need to have better standards when hiring cops. They seem to hire just about anybody. I know a few who should NOT be cops, they are the ones I would worry about doing something off the wall for no reason other than a power trip.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

These videos are disturbing!

What was his reason for even approaching the man?!?! He probably thought he was some bum and trouble. Grrr how I dislike people who judge others based on looks. The guy had a knife but he had a GUN! The guy wasn't even doing anything but walking along minding his own business. How was he in fear of his life?! He shot the man FIVE times, that is completely uncalled for! I hope that cop goes to jail for life. I also wonder if the girl crossing the street in the first video is one of the witnesses. I would think with all those cars around there were plenty of witnesses.

The whole "Swat" approach, what a joke as well. Seriously! It takes that many ARMED men to approach an unarmed DYING man!

As for the OP, this is the first time I have heard of this story, how sad.
This cop deserves jail as well esp since there are witnesses that state his story is false. He thought nobody saw it and he could just make up a quick story after murdering another person. Ahhhh, they so need to have better standards when hiring cops. They seem to hire just about anybody. I know a few who should NOT be cops, they are the ones I would worry about doing something off the wall for no reason other than a power trip.

We need to get the word out on things like this...............What poilce department specifically is this involving?
Can we get some contact info? Not only on concerning those vids, but also the Ops main point.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

....police officer states that he had no choice but to pump 6 rounds into the vehicle and Mrs. Cook for fear of his life.

Guess they need to stop hiring a bunch of scare-d-cats huh?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
However there are at least two witnesses stating that they seen the whole thing clear as day and the story the police officer is telling is not true. Keep in mind these two witnesses were not standing next to each other when this incident occurred and in fact these two witnesses don't even know each other. The witnesses claim that at no point during the police officer's "altercation" with Mrs. Cook was his arm stuck in the window, and that "there was no reason for him to shoot her like that".

Here is an update on this story. I will be checking on this story for more updates when I can.

Mr. Cook’s lawyers, in a very smart move, are suing the police officer alleged to have shot Patricia Cook Feb. 9. This way there cannot be any plea bargain kind of deal and it forces the issue into trial for the alleged shooter to bring it all out in the open. The Virginia State Police will now have to come up with some kind of report of their findings after a lengthy investigation that started on the wrong foot by making it appear like Mrs. Cook was trying to either hurt or kill the shooter.
LINK

May justice prevail and all those trigger happy thugs take note.

Interesting that Mr Cook's fight for justice should involve him having to use civil law to bring about criminal prosecution.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why cops so evil?? Is there even any good ones left? Terrorists; for once I agree there should be a war on terrorism.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

the only comfort i have is that when the SHTF, chances are the books will be balanced.

These mensa members don't realize that when "they" are done with us, they'll be next.

What, you think you'll get a pass b/c you carry a gun and eat scraps from the master's table?

lmbo. yeah, ok. Cause that's worked so well before in history, right?

pfftt.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If the officer's arm was rolled up in the window, and he was able to reach his sidearm, why could he not just break the window with the butt of the pistol? Hardly requires any actual firing. Moreover, what's he think he's doing sticking his arms into a privately owned vehicle to begin with? Get your checkbook ready Culpepper, VA. Probably should lock up this "officer" as well.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Did you say five times!?! he shot him five times?
Please don't tell me that cop got away with that? How many people die at the hands of our own "public servants" every year? And indeed by the hand of our entire government..

Excuse me I need to go puke now.

-Alien

The family of the woodcarver is getting $1.5 million from the city of Seattle in what was ruled an unjustified shooting.

Link to Story.

Williams was killed in an Aug. 30, 2010, police shooting ruled unjustified by the Police Department's Firearms Review Board. Birk, resigned Feb. 16 after King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg announced charges would not be filed in the incident.

Charges were not filed against Birk because it is believed that he acted without malice towards Williams.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Kankindog because: changed quoted text to off-site content

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was wondering recently where this story would go. I hope the family of this lady get the result they deserve.

Good post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join