It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I get a text from FEMA today...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSr's, on 5/23/12 at approx 1800hrs EST I received a text on my phone from FEMA (43362) Stating the Following...

"Get your neighbors together and create a list of resources that could be shared during/after a disaster, such as generators or extra blankets http:/m.fema.gov "

Now this isn't a random "Special" text for me, I've signed up to several SMS services for News, Weather , etc and I signed up for FEMA's SMS months ago but this is the 1st text I've received from them. I'm middle of the road as far as FEMA conspiracies go, some points have merit...and others are tinfoil hat worthy. I'm wondering (A) If anyone else has recieved this text and (B) Does anyone think it carries any implications other than the obvious?

I look forward to your input

ETA: I'm also wondering where you all stand on "Sharing" resources, I've got no problem putting together a contingency with those of likemind, and I've talked to a few neighbors about getting prepared for "weather related emergencies" when we lost power last year for a day and I was the only one in my area with a Genny. But I didn't go into any "SHTF" type discussion or prepping.

What I will not do is become my local Red Cross and bail everyone out who decided to spend their money on new flatscreen 3D HDTV's instead of making sure that they're prepared for an emergency (Financial, Weather Related, Social Unrest, etc...)

I got most of my family onboard by explaining simply "Hey, It makes sense to have a few months of food stocked up because the economy is bad and should you have an unforseen personal emergency like losing your job or a medical emergency where you can no longer provide income to buy food, you'll have a cushion to figure out your next move"

Since it's logical, the majority of them have started making plans. I then went into "Hey it makes sense to have a generator, God forbid we lose power like we did last year because our infrastructure is old as ****, your food wont spoil in your fridge and you'll have heat and light, etc..."

I've gone deeper into my reasoning with some and taken a few to the shooting range and exposed them to Firearms and ecouraged them to get their "FID Card" (A card you need in Jersey to purchase firearms) Pushed them to take some NRA first steps courses so that they can safely handle firearms and have reffered a few to a friend of mine that used to wear a beard and didn't wear nametapes to learn how to effectively USE a firearm.

What I haven't done is tell them "yeah, I'm pretty much stocked up for a year and wouldn't have to leave my house if I didn't want to" Because (A) OPSEC and (B) It would sound crazy to many of them. I'm trying to steer them in the right direction, without sounding like a "Paranoid Prepper".

EWS:
edit on 23-5-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Nope, I didn't receive any FEMA messages.

yuh, plus I have 0 rations. They're on there own.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

All we can do is wait and see.
If a disaster happens then it was a warning.
If nothing happens then it was probably a saftey tip.
I'm gonna say just a safety tip.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Is there a way that we can see the text? I mean I am all go, for believing it, but... why would FEMA send you a text saying get ready for a disaster? Odd to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is this an encrypted warning?.....what is fema?...add le at the end,sounds like breeding camp

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm a very sceptical person, but that seems very suspicious to me...

May I ask where in America you live?

link   

Originally posted by InnocentDreamer

Is there a way that we can see the text? I mean I am all go, for believing it, but... why would FEMA send you a text saying get ready for a disaster? Odd to say the least.

He said he subscribed to the text messages from them...
Not really that odd.

link   

Total set up. There is no way that a FEMA camp doesn't have supplies. They have supplies but those that go in will never come out. If they do they will be forever altered by a more powerfull chip than the RFID chip and slavery will look good in comparison.

Big red flags here with a big 'set up' sign in bold flourescent colors even if this is 'their protocol' for preparedness.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thats the monthly preparedness tip thing. No big deal.

edited to include link and info:
FEMA Text Messages

Use your cell phone’s text messaging capability to receive text message updates from FEMA. FEMA will never charge you for text message alerts, but carrier message and data rates may apply. You should expect to receive periodic updates, the number of which may increase during times of disaster.
FEMA will not use your phone number to track, reverse look up, or for any type of commercial marketing. Your carrier may collect additional data elements, please see their privacy policies for further details.
Here are basic commands to get started:

To signup to receive monthly preparedness tips: text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA)

www.fema.gov...
edit on 23-5-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I know that, but why would they all the sudden send him one now? He also said that he hasn't received one either. So that makes it odd.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Here is your answer
m.fema.gov...

To signup to receive monthly preparedness tips: text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA)

Did you really not expect to recieve texts? lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
EyesWideShut
I'm sure its probably just a warning msg to be prepared for any disaster ( Get your neighbors together and create a list of resources that could be shared ) And its probably a good idea
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

start worrying
when you receive instructions on how
to report to the nearest collection area
so as to be taken to a camp,

not because of some standard
be prepared message

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
if you ever need fema, store enough water for several weeks.

the human body on average can go without water for 3 days. fema has a habit of arriving 5 days later, if at all.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'd think this was just a friendly random "stuff to do" message for emergency prepardeness.

It sounds like pretty common sense to me.

Unfortunately, common sense just ain't all that common any more.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nothing to really worry about. I receive 10 emails per day from them and EVERY U.S. Government Agency there is except for the EPA
But then again, who knows what tree their really barking up on.

But there's nothing unusal going on. You'll know when CNN pops up on every TV station.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I think sometimes, can you really trust your own neighbour without them trying to rob you for your water and ramen?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

lol, This is a test of the Emergency Fema Texting Network. This is only a test. If this had been an actual emergency we would have informed you where to report to the nearest rail road station for relocation. Only one suit case allowed per person.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InnocentDreamer

Now this isn't a random "Special" text for me, I've signed up to several SMS services for News, Weather , etc and I signed up for FEMA's SMS months ago but this is the 1st text I've received from them.

If you go to the OP, I posted a number (43362) after FEMA in the 1st line, It's for their SMS service. If you HERE It tells you about it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The FEMA madness propagated by people like that phony Alex Jones will be interesting to watch. First people scream when FEMA was not ready for Katrina; then when they do something about it they are accused of anything a paranoid delusional can dream up.

They are very popular here where we average five declared emergencies per year. All they do is help people in times of need. Rational people approve of that and are thankful for it.

The fictional facility to detain citizens when they round us all up and kill us of course does not exist. The location they claim is visible from the air and from a train. There is only one set of tracks going that way and nothing along it is hidden and the airspace is open. Tens of thousands of tourists fly over it each season on sightseeing flights. You bring that up and they invent one somewhere else to lie about. Amazing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join