It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive arrest in Montreal 23 mai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The police have just cornerd about a thousen people and are forcing every one to sit down
it's incredible you can see it live www.livestream.com/newchannel/popoutplayer?channel=cutvmontreal

sorry for briefness off to watch.
edit on 23-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank you for this. I just found out about the Montreal issues only 4 days ago. The funny thing is this has been going on for Months. Day after Day. Never heard anything about it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How does forcing people to sit down = arrest? I mean I feel like people are getting the shaft from the man worldwide these days but your thread title claims massive arrests. I was curious just exactly how massive.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Live Feed

What street is this on? Where are the police trying to prevent people from getting to?
There has been a really intense situation going on for awhile that I haven't seen US MSM media covering at all.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

Police forcing anyone to do anything can morally be called an arrest, even if it's not an arrest in the legal sense. They are arresting their actions. I can make a citizens arrest and tell everyone walking on the street to sit down, and see how far that gets me. Police have the intimidation factor as an ace in the hole. Now you, reading this, sit down!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here's a story about what's going on in Montreal:

BBC News - Mass arrests as Montreal student protest turns ugly

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
ok looks like a few hundred people are being rounded up, and
the people with press passes release.
no media is in sight. this is major and no media

buses are there to arrest the people cornerd.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Thank you for this. I just found out about the Montreal issues only 4 days ago. The funny thing is this has been going on for Months. Day after Day. Never heard anything about it.

Same here. If it weren't for ATS, I wouldn't even know this was happening.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What is this about?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Is it just me or has the live feed gone down?
Been down 5 mins or so now??

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ok! the feed is down...

450 arrest last night..

the feed will be back some time today
i will update tonight.

edit:
518 arrested in nightly Montreal student protest
Mass arrest rounds up largest number of people so far in three month dispute

Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...
edit on 24-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For those who would like to follow the montreal manifestation live..
the feed is now back online...

what will the night bring

Live Feed

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sorry it was out most of the day.
but is on now, and the streets are full of people
wonder when the police will rush and arrest the mass of people again tonight.Live Feed

night 31 and we are watching only the beginning of the protest of m. everybody.
it's no longer about the students it's about freedoms...

edit on 24-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Good link. I don't agree with the new law (bill 78) that the Liberal party in Quebec passed as it's a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights, period. Bill 78 targets ALL the protestors instead of the vermin anarchist "BlacBloc" who want to destroy peoples property because it's, well, fun to them.

As for the students having to hand over a little bit extra money for tuition fees, I agree that they should have to pay the same amount as everyone else in Canada does. Canadian tax payers footing the bill for preferential treatment of Quebec students is not acceptable, especially that even after these new increases take effect they would still be paying the least amount for College and University in ALL of North America. But what bothers me is the fact that unions are now making donations towards these movements, union money paid for by the labor of hard working steel workers for example. Do you think the steel workers want their union dues going towards this?

As long as no property is destroyed and no people hurt, I fully support their right to free speech and protest.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also, to add, the violations of Canadian rights at the G20 in Toronto a couple years ago troubled me so much that if a large bomb had detonated killing huge amounts of cops I could have cared less. It disgusted me that much to see our rights completely ignored by the corrupt police chief Bill Blair and his cronies in Toronto.

With innocent protestors being arrested for simply exercising their god given Canadian RIGHT in Montreal, I see quite a few lawsuits in Quebec's future. You would think the idiots would have learned by the amount of lawsuits after innocent people were illegally arrested at the G20 in Toronto.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
my hubby occasionally plays on x box live and he's got a mate on there in canada (we're in England) and he was totally unaware of any of this, but he is now!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
For those who care
the police are begining mass arrest again tonight.

you can see it live Live Feed

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
here it comes again mass arrest live..
day #49 Live Feed

top topics

join