It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Russell - Forgotten Genius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think Walter Russell is as under appreciated for his contribution to the furthering of our species as Tesla.

Russell was an American polymath, known for his achievements in painting, sculpture, architecture, and for his unified theory in physics and cosmogony.

He posited that the universe was founded on a unifying principle of rhythmic balanced interchange. This physical theory, laid out primarily in his books The Secret of Light (1947) and The Message of the Divine Iliad (1948–49), has not been accepted by mainstream scientists. Russell asserted that this was mainly due to a difference in the assumptions made about the existence of mind and matter; Russell assumes the existence of mind as cause while he believes that scientists in general assume the existence of matter as effect. Russell was also proficient in philosophy, music, ice skating, and was a professor at the institution he founded, the University of Science and Philosophy.

He believed mediocrity is self-inflicted and genius is self-bestowed. In 1963, Walter Cronkite in the national television evening news, commenting on Dr. Walter Russell’s death, referred to him as “… the Leonardo da Vinci of our time.” After Walter Russell died (which the Russells referred to as being “refolded”), his wife Lao Russell kept USP going successfully until she herself died in 1988.

Walter Russell presented theories on the “fundamental principles of energy dynamics,” the nature of matter and the progression of the evolution of matter, and the depiction of the universe as a continuously changing, creating effort sustained by the systematic work effort of the energy of light. His depictions laws was a nonstandard cosmology. Students of his work today call it “Russelian science.”

Source
Excerpt from The Message of the Divine Iliad 1, Lecture VI by Walter Russell

It is my desire to correct the commonly accepted misconception regarding the idea that geniuses are specially born. By genius, I mean that quality of Consciousness possessed by such outstanding geniuses as Rubens, Leonardo, Titian and Raphael; such philosophers as Socrates, Plato, Marcus Aurelius, Plontinus, Laotzu and Confucius; such mystics as Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, Baha’u'llah and the supreme mystic of all time, Jesus the Nazarene. Also our modern geniuses such as Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Paderewski, Edison, Marconi and their prototypes which are altogether too few in these thousands of years of world history. None is so rare among men as a genius. Out of hundreds of millions, we have but one.

Go down through the pages of history and count them. You can put them all on a very small page. From these few, the culture of our race and its very resurrection from the jungle has come. These few have been our path to our ultimate mountain top. Our awareness of our very souls has come to us from these few who first found God in themselves and extended their awareness to each one of us in the measure of our ability to receive that awareness.

And even more rare are mystics – one in billions or even tens of billions.

Is it not any wonder, then, that people say “geniuses are born as geniuses, and these is no hope for us.” I do not blame people who say that. I do not wonder when people ask: “Is there any hope for me?” I do not wonder when parents discourage their children who wish to be important in the world and say, “There is no genius in our family – no great musician – no inventor. We are just everyday people. Why are you wasting your time? Go get a job.” And that happens thousands and thousands of times as parents pull children down – inspired children who begin to know the Light in themselves—who recognize the Light in themselves. Desire is keen in young people at such awakenings. It is a great crime for parents to strip the very souls of their children when they thus hear the Inner Voice of the Light and wish to manifest it.

We all inherit all that God has to give. The maximum of genius is in everyone. A spoonful is not given to one and a bowlful to another and a bushel to another. We are all born equal in the Light of God. We are His omniscient Light, and all of it centers in us. The only difference between the greatest genius in the world and the ordinary man is that the genius is aware of the Light within him and the ordinary man is not aware of that Light. The omnipotent Light is in everyone—all of it—in all of its fullness. Likewise, all knowledge is in the Light of everyone, awaiting one’s awareness of it.
-
Do not include among so-called geniuses the men of great information who have given us discoveries based upon research and observation. Those men are no greater in knowledge than the ancient men who discovered the flame, the wheel, the boat and the sail for the boat. They are greater only in their greater amount of information and their skills gained from greater powers of observation and will to work. All material civilization has grown from a material standpoint. The early discoverers of the boat, the sail, the wheel and the plane were but keen observers of material phenomena. More specialized observation, research and reasoning from such observation has brought us to where we are now.

We have multiplied our power of observation of material phenomena. While thus multiplying our ability to observe, we have multiplied our reasoning and thinking powers and our skills for the purpose of learning how to put more things together and take them apart.

While learning the HOW, we have never learned the WHY or WHAT. That is why science today has so little knowledge of CAUSE. It produces effects but cannot tell the WHY of those effects.

The greatest living scientists do not know what electricity is; nor can they define gravitate, magnetism, light, life, energy, nor the construction of matter. Their theories in these respects are but wild guesses which are so often changed that scientific textbooks become obsolete in a few years. For that reason, the world of today is well informed with observed effects and skills in the use of materials but has practically no knowledge.

Effects of motion cannot be known because they are transient, changing, evanescent things. They can but be comprehended. Knowledge lies in CAUSE, and until we know cause in the why of things, we have no knowledge.

Where are we today? Information and skills have put us where we are now, not knowledge. Knowledge is the omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient Light. That Light is within everyone and everything to its fullest extent. It is in every cell of one’s body, centering it. It is in the magnetic poles of everyone, controlling them. You may have that Light in all-knowledge for the asking. Knowledge is cosmic; it is universal. Desire what you will of it and it will unfold within you. You will suddenly become consciously aware of is by receiving a flash of inspiration. That flash is your answer.

However, the fruit of genius does not drop into one’s lap. One cannot be a wishful thinker, sitting idly waiting for the material manifestation of one’s thought. All the great geniuses I have known have certain traits in common, and not the least of these is a great capacity for work. They find inspiration in their great reverence for Nature and a deep desire to be alone. Their awareness of God is born in “aloneness” with Self. In their oneness with the Source, they became immune from fa

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Nice work, although I'll have to study up on this thread and on who he is. I enjoy hearing about the amazing under-appreciated, and there are quite a few of them. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm very surprised this didn't get much attention. I've read some of his books and his concepts are very interesting. The theories that he has are really cool.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

to the furthering of our species as Tesla.
a reply to: Epirus

Tesla is over rated.

Much of what he is given credit for was achieved by others.
For example, Tesla is credited for AC power. He came late into that field.

new topics

top topics

join