It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Discovery will NOT collapse Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Revelation 11:18
18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
And those who fear Your name, small and great,
And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Well he damn sure ain't about to throw them a party for destroying the earth. Drilling into the crust in the oceans and causing massive oil leakes that kills off massive amounts of aquatic life, and pollutes the waters and the beaches and their attending ecosystems generally falls under destroying the earth. Then ofcourse you have problems like Fukushima and Chernobyl where the radiation lingers for decades and kills off all life in the immediate area, then there's strip mining for coal, the destruction of the south american rainforests, the logging industry, huge landfills full of garbage that stinks to high heaven, toxic waste being dumped into the oceans and in underground caves, the wars where tens of millions are slain.

Yeah, i can see why he's pissed

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I do know that certain sects of Islam believe in the end times prophecy that ancient texts will be found that 'prove' the Bible corrupt and Islam as the true religion.

If the Torah and Bible haven't been found to be corrupt by now, I don't think that finding would have any gravity.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Well he damn sure ain't about to throw them a party for destroying the earth. Drilling into the crust in the oceans and causing massive oil leakes that kills off massive amounts of aquatic life, and pollutes the waters and the beaches and their attending ecosystems generally falls under destroying the earth. Then ofcourse you have problems like Fukushima and Chernobyl where the radiation lingers for decades and kills off all life in the immediate area, then there's strip mining for coal, the destruction of the south american rainforests, the logging industry, huge landfills full of garbage that stinks to high heaven, toxic waste being dumped into the oceans and in underground caves, the wars where tens of millions are slain.

But yet meteorites have hit the earth in the past and caused mass extintions? 1000s times worse than man could ever achieve how does that work, or are you going to say that was gods will? Why would he get so pissed about the world being destroyed but he does it himself, quiet often actualy, you could say it was a hobby even......
Didnt God cause Fukashima? he created the earthquake didnt he? didnt he not think before he made the quake that it could cause problems?, a bit reckless on his part dont you think?
edit on 23-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Muhammad isn't even prophecied anywhere in the bible, not in the Torah, Tenach or the Gospels. He doesn't show up till the Quran. Now i find it very hard to believe in a character who never appeared in any prophcy once in the OT while Yeshua appeared exclusively in the OT and Gospels.

This is a subject that I have to decry a certain ignorance, however, Isn't Muhammad from the lineage of Ishmael, Abraham's son? Wouldn't his lineage be deliberately avoided as a valid line of Abraham in Jewish text. Perhaps even reviled among Moses and the Israelites.

If Hagar and Ishmael were cast out and Ishmael grew up in the wilderness, (eating I can't remember what, goat?) what sacred texts did his offspring follow? Was Muhammad seen as a fulfillment to some other text, than the Jewish text's prophecy?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That doesn't answer the question about carbon. Where did God say anything about carbon? When did God forbid the use of carbon?

Why carbon and not atomic energy? Why carbon but not stem cell research?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Show me a religion that isn't man made. That and the bible foretold of another prophet after Jesus.

So you readily admit that religion is manmade, yet you then state this:

Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.

You were on the right track to begin with. Religion is indeed manmade. The whole idea of God being an angry, jealous and vengeful entity is at odds with who God is by definition, those characteristics are bestowed upon him by religion. But if he were such an entity he wouldn't be God, he would be evil (IE, Satan). You can't have it both ways, either you don't believe in God or you do, and if you do then you have to accept that he is pure, perfect, loving and just. Because if you don't believe he is these things, then you don't believe in God because God MUST be these things by the very definition of who God is. Everything else is just misdirection thanks to organized religion.

As for why kids starve and there are droughts in the world, well that's a question of intervention. It's a silly notion to believe that God does everything (IE, creates droughts and starvation) because if he does then there's no such thing as free will and our existence is pointless. So the question isn't why those things exist, because free will and the ebb and flow of life creates all kinds of unusual conditions. The question is why he doesn't intervene to "fix" what we perceive as problems when they happen. I don't know the answer, perhaps he feels that tinkering with the outcome of life isn't proper and interferes with free will, or maybe we're just ants to him and he doesn't consider these things important enough for intervention, or perhaps what we view as terrible things are perceived differently by him, or maybe this existence is a temporary blip on the radar and is setting the stage for the pure and perfect world to come. Personally I believe the latter. If we never experience pain and suffering, then we can never fully appreciate the true joy of the absence of it.

edit on 23-5-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Show me a religion that isn't man made. That and the bible foretold of another prophet after Jesus.

Originally posted by buster2010Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

God loves death in so much that when he demanded sacrifices he gave directions on how it should be done.

You were on the right track to begin with. Religion is indeed manmade. The concepts of God being an angry, jealous and vengeful entity are all attributes bestowed upon him by religion. But if he were such an entity he wouldn't be God, he would be evil (IE, Satan). You can't have it both ways, either you don't believe in God or you do, and if you do then you have to accept that he is pure, perfect, loving and just. Because if you don't believe he is, then you don't believe in God because God MUST be these things by the very definition of who God is. Everything else is just misdirection thanks to organized religion.

As for why kids starve and there are droughts in the world, well that's a question of intervention. It's a silly notion to believe that God does everything (IE, creates droughts and starvation) because if he does then there's no such thing as free will and our existence is pointless. So the question isn't why those things exist, because free will and the ebb and flow if life creates all kinds of unusual conditions. The question is why he doesn't intervene to "fix" them. I don't know the answer, perhaps he feels that tinkering with the outcome of life isn't proper and interferes with free will, or maybe we're just ants to him and he doesn't consider these things important enough for intervention, or maybe this existence is a temporary blip on the radar and is setting the stage for the pure and perfect world to come. Personally I believe the latter.

What have natural disasters got to do with free will of man?.You say that the concepts of God being an angry, jealous and vengeful entity are all attributes bestowed upon him by religion.but then you say that either you don't believe in God or you do, and if you do then you have to accept that he is pure, perfect, loving and just.Are those atributes not bestowed on him by religion too? as in the New testament?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

We were simply asked to not transmute Carbon into technology

That makes no sense. Our entire ecosystem is carbon based. Carbon is among the most abundant elements in the universe. Why would God condemn it's use.

A camp fire makes coals, carbon, that enables the cooking for food, unleavened bread, burnt offerings etc. What about pencils, bad?

Why would God kill off the dinosaurs and then forbid us to use the carbon based fuel that their demised left behind? Didn't he give us dominion over these things? Does your god also condemn the telegraph, the automobile, sattelite technology and computer technology.

Where is this simple request from God in the Bible? Why is your god so anti carbon?

It's best to let the Word answer this first:

Luke 12

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

The problem is not with the use of the Fruit of Knowledge. Technology is the fruit. Carbon is the element that is transmuted as the marker of our use of the fruit. The first intention of God was to test our pride or obedience to Him. Pride won out so we toil in the garden. We still reap the rewards of the fruit, but the toil is the path we selected. The Garden was our education in the development of sentience. The path of education was either by God as the teacher or our own pride. Either way, God is the teacher.

The same path of movement toward the tree of life is the same today as it was in our early history. There are five baptisms.

Earth (Matter)
Air (Breath / Word)
Water (Baptism into reality / Cleansing the Temple)
Fire (Trials / The Flaming Sword that protects the Tree of LIfe)

Our final baptism is Spirit. We learn to put out the fire with the water and we are healed. Salvation comes when we are finally baptized into the spirit. Salvation is of water and spirit according to John 3. Matthew 3 reveals three of the baptisms. John 3 and other places reveals the spirit baptism. Life has purpose beyond our pride. Love is the key. Placing God in the temple as the chief cornerstone is the point of overcoming.

Psalms 118 is worth reading all the way through.

22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Truth can be rightly divided by contest. Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics, history and future revelation, but it cannot be denied as the greatest enigma known to mankind. It goes so far as to identify the Pyramids in Isaiah 19 as the monument to the Lord himself.

The Bible scientifically accurate where exactly? The earth is 3000 years old?
Accurate about human nature? but is anti homosexuality?
Physics...What reference to physics can be found in the bible?
History.... Adam and Eve?
The pyramids... The egyptians worshiped christ?

Are you just making it up as you go along?

Cohesion - the act or state of cohering, uniting, or sticking together.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Genesis 1:1-3

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Light is both a particle and a wave. This duality starts with energy. Energy is in a superposition until acted upon by consciousness. Once consciousness collapses the indeterminate wave of probably outcomes, a choice is made that changes the states of matter. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, the observer collapses the wave to move energy to a particle. This duality of light is only 2/3 of the story. The other aspect of light is consciousness. According to the Copenhagen interpretation and the most current theory we possess about light, an observer is necessary to move energy to matter. How did God do this?

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

We are 'INSIDE' the image created by God in the form of energy. We are also the image of God in this trinity of light. How is the image projected?

The Godhead as seen in the Trinity of Light

God is Light and Father (Prima Materia)

Jesus is Son or Word (Wave / Information)

Holy Spirit is Consciousness

Once you see the Trinity in Light, you see that the prima materia that God used is what comprises our reality. Light quanta is the source of all we know about our universe. Notice that the Wave of light is the Son (Word).

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

I'm just in Genesis and John. There is much more. Continue to think about the WORD as information and Wave.

Hebrews 11:3

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Word is information. Just as a computer frames the images on the screen from programming, God frames the world from energy and consciousness, produced by Word.

How does a computer game give you the image on the screen? It retrieves the memory location and collapses the wave into a format that can be seen according to Time, Space, Matter, Energy and LIGHT. You are reading a copy of God's creation on the screen at this moment. We have created a reflection, like a mirror, of God's design in nature.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Need more? Consult the link in my signature.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The problem is not with the use of the Fruit of Knowledge. Technology is the fruit. Carbon is the element that is transmuted as the marker of our use of the fruit. The first intention of God was to test our pride or obedience to Him. Pride won out so we toil in the garden. We still reap the rewards of the fruit, but the toil is the path we selected. The Garden was our education in the development of sentience. The path of education was either by God as the teacher or our own pride. Either way, God is the teacher.

You are just making it up as you go along,,,
"Carbon is the element that is transmuted as the marker of our use of the fruit." Says who?, where does it say that in the bible?
What have apples got to do with mans use of technology? You are taking verses from a book that are so vague they could mean anything and putting your own interpretations on them and trying to say that its the word of god?

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

But time has no beginning.The beginning is a human concept.Space is basicly nothing...God created nothing? earth is matter yes but not all matter is the earth. likewise light is energy but not all energy is light,,,,

And i hate to burst your bubble but the book of genisis is taken word for word from the Sumerian Book of creation, funny thing is the sumerians were pagan and polytheistic and Animistic.

edit on 24-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Do you actually have a thought of your own on this?? No disrespect, but your posts are so one sided its not even funny.

I understand the whole "scripture, God, Love" thing. Thats not the question. The question is, if this "Bible" is true than it really blows a hole in Religion as a Whole, which I assume is why this has never been released until now. Just like the "lost books" of the Bible that now everyone wants to go over and question. Its the same no matter what.

Quoting scripture doesnt prove your point but it does give me some incite as far as your beliefs.

Apart from producing truth from a source, we are making things up on conjecture. With the Bible, we have other reflecting points to consider. Science is confirmed within scripture. Science was formally a mismatch with the Bible. Now that we understand the nature of light and the weirdness of quantum mechanics, the Bible suddenly jumps off the page. Here is an example:

According to Susskind, Energy is Information in motion. This implies that our reality is a projection of energy as the observer collapses the wave into a particle. Consult my last post to see that this is indeed what the Bible speaks of when it renders the image of God into reality with words we can understand with our limited intellect. Consider the video below. Remember, I am not merely relying on the Bible itself. History, science, physics and human nature are accurately reflected in the Word. Additionally, it predicts the future. Do you know other books that can do this? It provides evidence for it's claims before we can catch up to the science it produces. Multiple proofs appears more and more as fact in science when the molehill becomes a mountain.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Right. Notice that Carbon is at the center of this entire dilemma. Not only this, but the new trading system in the EU is based on Carbon Credits. How long before this becomes the currency backing that UNESCO and the UN push on the world? Consult my thread on the subject: LINK

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

You are just making it up as you go along,,,
"Carbon is the element that is transmuted as the marker of our use of the fruit." Says who?, where does it say that in the bible?
What have apples got to do with mans use of technology? You are taking verses from a book that are so vague they could mean anything and putting your own interpretations on them and trying to say that its the word of god?

Carbon has 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons. It is the mark of mankind and all other life. We are a beast with sentient consciousness and the only beast on the planet that knows how to use the WORD.

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e - or, of mankind] That number is 666.

We then go to Isaiah 46

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

The end is Revelation. Carbon is revealed as the mark of the beast. Man is the beast. Why is the mark bad? Go back to the beginning.

Genesis 3

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

...17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

The Bible is locked in symbol. The symbols must be unlocked to see the truth.

Move on to Deuteronomy. This was what God told Israel about their use of the promised land. I'll add in what is implied by what is written in symbol.

Idolatry Forbidden

Deuteronomy 4

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman (ROBOTS / IDOLS), 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air (AIRCRAFT), 18 or like any creature that moves along the ground (AUTOMOBILE) or any fish in the waters below (SUB). 19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars —all the heavenly array —do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Egypt is a symbol of Earth. Earth is a refinement process (Iron-Smelting). Our inheritance is the Universe, as mentioned in verse 19 and 20.

There is way more here than I can describe in one post. Ready my threads and read the link in my signature.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nope, I'm sorry. I can't heads or tails of your logic. I can't see the correlation that you're trying to make here. You just keep repeating this revelation of your of 666 and carbon, but I see no scriptural link at all.

!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think you have an overactive imagination. It says in the Book of revalation that not all men shall carry the mark of the beast? How does that pan out if you say athe mark of the beast represents carbon?
Also it says that the Beast has the appearance of a leopard, the mouth of a lion and feet are like bear paws hmm not like humans either....
We are also told that the beast itself is an eight king follwing 7 before him? no thats doesnt fit either hmmm
There will be 2 beasts one from the sea and one from the land...hmmm no, no humans living in the sea yet, doesnt fit either..
The significance of the name of the Beast is that the people under his power must have it written on their right hand or forehead..... hmm doesnt fit either.
The battle of armageddon results in the Beast being seized, along with the False Prophet, where they are thrown alive into "the lake of fire". doesnt realy fit either as the beast being all man kind and all the animals would then die as we are all made of carbon.
In the Lake of fire, the Beast and the False Prophet are tormented day and night forever and ever. hmm no doesnt fit either.
In fact none of it fits your hypothesis, the only thing that fits are the 2 lines that you cherry picked.
Dont tell us the rest of the book of revalation got it wrong because that would invalidate everything.

Oh well.

"Egypt is a symbol of Earth. Earth is a refinement process (Iron-Smelting)." - So egypt is a symbol of the earth ,ok why egypt why not any other civilization? Earth is a refinement process? Why pick egypt to represent iron smelting? seems odd realy, since the egyptions didnt work iron only copper.

I like the way you try and lump in the whole carbon trading thing it nearly made you sound believable, But isnt carbon trading about Carbon Dioxide? ye different thing altogether. Maby my coal delivery man is the beast he trades carbon, il ask him next time he calls and i will get back to you.

I think you need to get out more....
edit on 24-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Not only is the Bible accurate on Science, Human nature, physics,

If the bible states these things as you say then why did the church burn people at the stake for practicing them?

Are you getting the Qur'an mixed up with bible? The reason why I'm asking is because the Qur'an is far more science based than the bible.

Huh?? The Quran says the earth is flat and the center of the universe!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

I think you have an overactive imagination. It says in the Book of revalation that not all men shall carry the mark of the beast? How does that pan out if you say athe mark of the beast represents carbon?
Also it says that the Beast has the appearance of a leopard, the mouth of a lion and feet are like bear paws hmm not like humans either....
We are also told that the beast itself is an eight king follwing 7 before him? no thats doesnt fit either hmmm

Like all symbols in the Bible, there is no one answer that identifies each symbol. Each symbol is multidimensional and interconnected. For instance, the temple is the physical temple in Israel. The temple is also the body. There are also temples all around the world. The world itself is a temple. When we take the symbol of the temple down to its root meaning, we define it as a residence for consciousness. We can say the same for a kingdom. The kingdom of God is not one thing. The body is a kingdom of 50 trillion cells. God's kingdom is any closed system where a temple rules the domain. I rule my body. My body rules the kingdom I manage at work. They symbol is a generic term that describes many perspectives.

With the beast and the number 666, this is no single answer that defines the whole. We must overcome the beast on three levels: Individual, national and global. You are correct in identifying individuals as beasts to overcome. Here is yet another understanding. The beast is marked by selfishness. More clues are provided in 2 Timothy.

2 Timothy 3:2-4

“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents (6), unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control (6), brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God” (6).

Notice that there are 3 sets of 6 identifiers, all tied to selfishness. The Bible is like an onion. It has layers. Symbols are the same type of holographic information locked into small bits of information. The value in writing the Bible in this manner allows for a broad range of ideas to be stored in a small location. Otherwise, the Bible would be thousands of books. It says what it needs to say so that it can be unlocked as our understanding is unlocked over time. The symbols unfold as our awareness expands.

edit on 24-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
All I know for a fact is that:

1. There is no Epistle of Barnabas in the Orthodox Bible nor the Amplified Bible nor the Messianic Jewish Bible, therefore I feel comfortable concluding that there is a well-founded reason for that.

2. Barnabas worked with Paul in establishing the Christian faith among Gentiles, however it was hard for them to get along much of the time. I probably wouldn't have gotten along with Paul either, just sayin'.

3. Barnabas was flayed. Meaning, the man's entire body was DE-SKINNED ALIVE for his faith in Christ.

Therefore, I feel comfortable concluding that any "Lost Translation/Epistle of Barnabas" that records him as not believing in Christ is FAIL. And any Islamic version of a Christian text denying Christ & promulgating a child molester & puppy killer is CLOSSAL FAIL.

And anything about Christianity that comes from the Land of Ahmadinetard is.....well, let me just give you a visual on that one:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Your joking right? Have you ever read the bible or even watched the news lately? He takes the food away from starving children by creating droughts so kids starve to death. And not destroy anything? Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah?

You were on the right track to begin with. Religion is indeed manmade. The whole idea of God being an angry, jealous and vengeful entity is at odds with who God is by definition, those characteristics are bestowed upon him by religion. But if he were such an entity he wouldn't be God, he would be evil (IE, Satan). You can't have it both ways, either you don't believe in God or you do, and if you do then you have to accept that he is pure, perfect, loving and just. Because if you don't believe he is these things, then you don't believe in God because God MUST be these things by the very definition of who God is. Everything else is just misdirection thanks to organized religion.

As for why kids starve and there are droughts in the world, well that's a question of intervention. It's a silly notion to believe that God does everything (IE, creates droughts and starvation) because if he does then there's no such thing as free will and our existence is pointless. So the question isn't why those things exist, because free will and the ebb and flow of life creates all kinds of unusual conditions. The question is why he doesn't intervene to "fix" what we perceive as problems when they happen. I don't know the answer, perhaps he feels that tinkering with the outcome of life isn't proper and interferes with free will, or maybe we're just ants to him and he doesn't consider these things important enough for intervention, or perhaps what we view as terrible things are perceived differently by him, or maybe this existence is a temporary blip on the radar and is setting the stage for the pure and perfect world to come. Personally I believe the latter. If we never experience pain and suffering, then we can never fully appreciate the true joy of the absence of it.

edit on 23-5-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

Yes it is silly for people to think the God should do everything for them. But when you ask them why do things like this happen? What do they always say? It's God's will.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You are confusing the results of our sin with the law of God. God's law is set into nature.

Isn't God's law in the 10 commandments? What do you mean "set into nature"? I would assume than that not obeying the 10 commandments would result in immediate anihilation of the one the breaks it. As was done to those infidels at Gomorra. /pun intended

No, it's not built into nature. Men administer the punishing of our sins. The only thing built into the nature are laws of the universe, of which we have only stumbled upon some. I don't remember anywhere in the Bible being stated that God created the universe. Only the heaven (i don't think that heaven means the entire universe) and the earth and the man on it. I think that God wasn't aware back than that there even was a thing called universe. Silly God. If only he had seen those Hubble pics...he would have been blown away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join