It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Fast and Furious??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I posted a thread without the Fast and Furious tag.
I can not beleive I got 0 replies.
It was transfered from breaking to Elections WTF
Lets try it with a better title.
Cheers ATS
ljb

Why has the reporting stopped?? Has there been a Congressional decision? Lack of Interest??

Report: Agents, not Justice Dept., to blame in Fast and ...
www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-02-01/fast-furious-guns-arizona/529...
Feb 1, 2012 ... By Dennis Wagner, USA TODAY ... Its conclusion: "Operation Fast and Furious was the latest in a series of fatally flawed operations run by ATF ...

Political controversy erupted with revelations that as many as 1,400 guns had crossed the border and that two AK-47s from Fast and Furious were discovered at the scene of a 2010 firefight in which bandits killed a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Republicans in Congress have pressed to implicate Attorney General Eric Holder and other Obama administration figures in the strategy that was dubbed "gun walking." Some have suggested that firearms were allowed into Mexico as part of a plot to promote gun-control legislation.

The Democrats' report singles out ATF administrators in Phoenix and former U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke for criticism. Regarding Burke, who resigned amid congressional inquiries, the report says he gave closed-door testimony acknowledging a failure to adequately monitor the probe while denying knowledge that guns were being "walked" to Mexican cartels.
Here is the info
edit on 5/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: [][][][

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Still around by doing a google news search.

www.google.com...=fast+and+furious&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=nws&ei=H5q9T4WEPeWC2gXJ_4mODw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=5&sqi=2 &ved=0CF4Q_AUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=8e0c738553241efd&biw=1664&bih=917

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected

Still around by doing a google news search.

www.google.com...=fast+and+furious&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=nws&ei=H5q9T4WEPeWC2gXJ_4mODw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=5&sqi=2 &ved=0CF4Q_AUoBA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=8e0c738553241efd&biw=1664&bih=917

Hey thanks res,
What I was getting at is why has it petered out her on ATS.
It is still STONEWALLED in the Cabinet is it not??
thanks ljb

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What happened to Fast and Furious? It got swept under the rug. SOP when government gets caught red handed. If we can't see it, it's not there.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Same thing as with any other government screw up. Hoping people will quit talking about it so they can sweep it under the table.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
What happened to Fast and Furious? It got swept under the rug. SOP when government gets caught red handed. If we can't see it, it's not there.

Hi gd,
Yeah I know, but why here on ATS where the Secrets are uncovered and IGNORANCE
Is denied??
Are you satisfied with the link in my OP?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Why has the reporting stopped?? Has there been a Congressional decision? Lack of Interest??

What reporting? When was the last time we had real reporting?

We know that the CIA has been involved in broadcast journalism since Operation Mockingbird in the 1950's. We know that a pedophile report on the Bush-the-senior White House went AWOL before it could be aired. We know that the Clinton clan was writing Hollywood scripts for sitcoms. But the rabbit hole may go deeper. We know that Bush-the-junior was releasing government created propaganda to news networks -- that in many cases was broadcast and marketed as "news".

Obama is worse than any who came before and the public is expected to remain hands-off because .... well .... I suggest because he is half-black. And we are not supposed to criticize blacks (or even half black people) even if they are mass murderers. Bizarre huh?

I would suggest that we are in a brownout over fast-n-furious, government narcotics smuggling and a hundred other government crimes because the dog-n-pony show is running on other "fuel" right now. Armies of government paid shrinks will determine when we get to hear issues .... and ... what we get to hear about them. All in good time. All for a purpose.

edit on 23-5-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Same thing as with any other government screw up. Hoping people will quit talking about it so they can sweep it under the table.

Hi bust,
Bazinga! At least I have a reply or two. I was starting to wonder. Any who do you have a thought of how it will play out?? Or will it remain 86 ed??
thanks ljb
PS I learned the Headline on your thread is very important.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Hi gd,
Is denied??
I don't know if the link was intentional or not, but I'm getting nothing. It links to a F&F headline, but no report or video. As far as why ATS has been quiet on this? I think it has a lot to do with the time frame. You've had the Israel Iran situation, as well as the Zimmerman fiasco. Don't try to get people to digest too much news at once, they can't handle it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Holder is close to being found in contempt of Congress. It's been over a year and he still refuses to name who ordered the failed program that provided the weapon that killed a Border Agent and many others on the other side of the border.

He's about reached the limit and is still withholding most of the documents. It won't go on much longer I think. The hearings will be interesting and why Obama has yet to fire him is very strange. This is not a partisan issue, it's an issue of incompetence and the Justice Dept. engaging in a coverup.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Link to Politico article from a couple of days ago.

A contempt vote would not only represent a dramatic escalation in the long-running investigation into the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal, it would be a crowd-pleaser for conservatives who believe GOP leaders have been dragging their feet on the aggressive push from Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the lead investigator, to bring a contempt vote on Holder.

Read more: www.politico.com...

It's a shame they have chosen to make an issue that is not a partisan one into a partisan debate. They all know somebody is covering up for someone and that someone is likely Holder himself or one of his pets.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The public memory is short-lived. We get so much stuff thrown at us in the media. It is like the Media is ADHD and we have PTSD.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Our government run media decides what is news.

If they don't report on it, it doesn't exist.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
They swept it under the cover
and obama blamed it all on
holder, and you saw what happen
to his ass.
edit on 24-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hi gd,
Is denied??
I don't know if the link was intentional or not, but I'm getting nothing. It links to a F&F headline, but no report or video. As far as why ATS has been quiet on this? I think it has a lot to do with the time frame. You've had the Israel Iran situation, as well as the Zimmerman fiasco. Don't try to get people to digest too much news at once, they can't handle it.

I will try to get the link to work here.
I cut and pasted it in my browser and got ONLY my other thread LOL

Report: ... Agents, not Justice Dept., to blame in Fast and

Feb 1, 2012 ... A U.S. House minority report on the gun-smuggling probe known as Fast and Furious blames federal agents in Arizona for the flawed ...

If the link don't work?? err sorry.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Link to Politico article from a couple of days ago.

A contempt vote would not only represent a dramatic escalation in the long-running investigation into the Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal, it would be a crowd-pleaser for conservatives who believe GOP leaders have been dragging their feet on the aggressive push from Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the lead investigator, to bring a contempt vote on Holder.

Read more: www.politico.com...

It's a shame they have chosen to make an issue that is not a partisan one into a partisan debate. They all know somebody is covering up for someone and that someone is likely Holder himself or one of his pets.

I agree. Your link shows some hope. Thanks for posting it.
I hope you do not mind me posting some of it's content as my USA today links are funky.

From your link,
Republicans have a new ultimatum: If Eric Holder doesn’t deliver a trove of Fast and Furious documents to Capitol Hill by mid-June, the House will vote The new plan was devised after Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) sent a letter to Holder late last week requesting to hold him in contempt of Congress.— with Issa — documents to show who developed the botched Mexican gun-walking program.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Obamedia knows this story would end his career and they are avoiding this. Pavich says clearly the press isn't going to do anything about this and it is up to the American public to make noise. She did say contempt charges are coming for sure and hopefully others charges are on their way. I wish I could be that optimistic.

This video published April 26, 2012 gives a good summary of the scandal for those you might be confused about the operation and want to hear the truth instead of the media's spin.

"Nothing is more powerful than the American voice." K. Pavich.

So don't give up, do something.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I posted a thread without the Fast and Furious tag.
I can not beleive I got 0 replies.
It was transfered from breaking to Elections WTF
Lets try it with a better title.
Cheers ATS
ljb

Report: Agents, not Justice Dept., to blame in Fast and ...
Feb 1, 2012 ... By Dennis Wagner, USA TODAY ... Its conclusion: "Operation Fast and Furious was the latest in a series of fatally flawed operations run by ATF ...

Political controversy erupted with revelations that as many as 1,400 guns had crossed the border and that two AK-47s from Fast and Furious were discovered at the scene of a 2010 firefight in which bandits killed a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Republicans in Congress have pressed to implicate Attorney General Eric Holder and other Obama administration figures in the strategy that was dubbed "gun walking." Some have suggested that firearms were allowed into Mexico as part of a plot to promote gun-control legislation.

The Democrats' report singles out ATF administrators in Phoenix and former U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke for criticism. Regarding Burke, who resigned amid congressional inquiries, the report says he gave closed-door testimony acknowledging a failure to adequately monitor the probe while denying knowledge that guns were being "walked" to Mexican cartels.
Here is the info
edit on 5/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: [][][][

OP, what do you personally think Fast and Furious is all about?

If you answer these questions we can maybe just put into cliffnotes what the whole scandal is about.

- Was it deliberate to get the guns to drug cartels and not tracked?

- Why would they do that? What purpose does it serve?

- Who profits/benefits from this?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

OP, what do you personally think Fast and Furious is all about?

If you answer these questions we can maybe just put into cliffnotes what the whole scandal is about.

[quote]- Was it deliberate to get the guns to drug cartels and not tracked?

I think this is what the speaker is trying to find out.

- Why would they do that? What purpose does it serve?

Perhaps, insanity knows no bounds.

- Who profits/benefits from this?

I wound find it hard to guess But I am pretty sure it's Not me. lol

edit on 5/24/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join