It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trail - Passing Through the Veil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

As we continued down the way my friend pointed out that it was getting darker than either of us should have expected or seemed to be - we looked around and there were nothing but trees on all sides, there should have been a forest edge somewhere as the area wasn't really that big but aside from some hills and tall pine trees there wasn't a real 'ending' to the woods like we expected as the area tends to be narrow and normally you can see the edges. She took out her phone to use her GPS because she instinctively felt lost but her battery was nearly gone, I took mine out and it had no signal, the battery was also near dead, and showed "EE:EE" for the time (meaning it couldn't update as it was a older style flip-phone with camera and when set to auto-adjust would contact the mobile phone network every 15 min).

The Trail - Passing Through the Veil

Interesting anecdote that seems to defy time....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Interesting story. My folks live in Nelsonville, OH, and we have been hiking in the Hocking Hills forest many times, and to Old Man's Cave many times as well. It can be a spooky area, for sure. We usually visit for Thanksgiving, and so when we go hiking there are hardly ever any other people in the area (it is usually cold, muddy, and sometimes raining or snowing, when we are there). There are many mounds in Ohio, including Southeastern Ohio, where this area is, and the famous Serpent Mound is about a 2 hour drive away, maybe a bit less.

My folks live in a pretty remote area and I always feel spooked at night if I wake up and need to use the bathroom. It is just a kind-of meleancholy place. It used to be a coal mining area, and now there are lots of deserted towns, and even ruins, and abandoned railroads which are being turned into absolutely lovely bicycle paths. They are planning to do that with the supposedly haunted Moonville Tunnel in the near future, so I am told.

Two Thanksgivings back, my Sweetheart, Parents, Uncle, and I went there the day after, and walked through the tunnel and went a bit until we came to a broken trestle that we didn't want to go down and cross through the creek below as we didn't have waterproof shoes on. Then we returned back, and walked up the dirt road behind it, which goes up a little hill to the very old cemetery that is also pictured in my link. Someone had placed a little bracelet on one of the graves, which appeared from the dates to be a child's grave. It was very touching, and it was a very quiet day, cold, with snowflakes drifting, but not sticking anywhere.
edit on 23-0520125-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

edit on 23-0520125-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-0520125-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

join