It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM news citing Fukushima Reactor 4 is a BIG problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Fukushima Reactor 4 poses massive global risk

www.ctv.ca...

This is a national news media outlet for Canada. The #2 reputable news source in Canada.

OK, the members here on ATS have known that Fukushima SFP in reactor #4 has been an ongoing problem, just one 6.0M earthquake away from collapse.

The troubled Reactor 4 at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant is at the centre of this potential catastrophe. The 1,535 spent fuel rods would become exposed to the air and would likely catch fire, with the most-recently added fuel rods igniting first.

This is the first MSM article that I've seen that acknowlogdes the dire situation at Fukushima Daiichi.

Most of us have been following the enenews.com source for updated information.

enenews.com... eyond

Whether a pool where spent fuel is stored at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant could withstand another strong earthquake has become a source of growing concern. The concerns among activists, experts and politicians focus on Unit 4, which contains most of the plant’s spent fuel not stored in dry, hardened storage casks

There was a 6.1M that hit earlier today but just out of the Fukushima region. Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, just thought it was interesting that the MSM had actually brought this story to the forefront.
edit on 23-5-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Good for CTV for outing Reactor 4. Perhaps now people will take this more seriously. I have some friends and family who will not believe how bad things still are at Fukushima. I have emailed this article to all of them. Being Canadian, this will carry some weight

Thanks for posting.

+12 more 
posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Obama will save us! I'll bet he's drawing up an executive order to lock us up for our own protection as we speak.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
reply to post by UFO1414

Good for CTV for outing Reactor 4. Perhaps now people will take this more seriously. I have some friends and family who will not believe how bad things still are at Fukushima. I have emailed this article to all of them. Being Canadian, this will carry some weight

Thanks for posting.

Yes please, send this story to as many people as you can. Since the tsunami and nuclear crisis, I thought nothing good was gonna happen, even when the supposed "cold shutdown" was announced I knew that this was not the end of it.

Most people I know either have their heads in the sand or are just oblivious to the topic.

At least this gives us realists some ammunition.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great to see a Canadian outlet reporting on it. However, given that isn't broadcast in the states, many are living under a cloud of ignorance on the topic. I'm somewhat surprised the MSM here won't report on it, as this isn't some financial scheme or litigation scheme they are hiding, but rather something which could effect everyone, including everyone involved in the news media, along with their families and friends.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Send this story link to everyone you know. Post it on your FaceBook. Get it out there. Most people think I'm crazy... but ctv.ca is not.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Obama will save us! I'll bet he's drawing up an executive order to lock us up for our own protection as we speak.

Actually I believe that Executive Order was drawn up some time ago. I hope everyone is ready to go to summer camp.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is just sad news...My 11 & 7 yr. Olds have big future dreams that I am almost afraid they will never get to fulfill.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Get the word out to all of your friends and family. This is not new news to us here on ATS, but if we are vocal enough to our own citizens, we can make things happen. One MSM article like this speaks 1000 times more than your enenews blogger or fukushima diary blogger (and I love them for trying to get the message out) but, to the general populations, nothing compares to an MSM article, as sad as that may seem.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Already on it UFO. I went & posted it on my fb before coming back here and commenting.....word needs to be spread & quickly! TY for the thread & links OP........s&f

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

I'm no Obama fan but what on Earth does politics play into a story like this??? You give Republican's a bad name. (and I'm Canadian & a republican wannabee).

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

"It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Japan and the whole world depends on No. 4 reactor," Murata said in a recent letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, in which he urged him to back efforts to address the problem.

those words sound pretty dire, I wonder how long humans would go after reactor 4 opens up to the air until they started noticing strange marks on their body, weird symptoms, constant ill feeling or animals freaking out..

To even begin the removal process at Reactor 4, TEPCO would first have to construct a crane capable of lifting the 100-tonne fuel rod canister, since the original crane was destroyed in the disaster last year.

building a structure like that would take some time, especially if you hadn’t even begun theoretically arranging it.
how long will Fuku get lucky with quakes and compromised structure?

someone better invest a few billion into the project, send in the worlds greatest scientists and get going, eh?

Why isn’t Saudi, China, Australia, Russia all pumping in money and materials. surely those countries could design and build a structure.

As for the men?..

All this of course, has to be done in a highly contaminated area where workers must wear protective suits and limit their radiation exposure each day

I’m sorry Japan, its a fate you need to own. You need to take all your death row in mates, all your criminals, murderers and rapists, suit them up, send them in to do the heavy lifting, around the complex.

You take all your brightest uni students and scientists and lock them in massive halls together.. schools out, the country stops everyone is committed.

... cause if you dont all i can think is that, all the radio active crap that this site is going to spit out into the earths atmosphere if it does get drastically worse will not be good for mankind.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before this happens again. With all the aging reactors and accumulating waste, it will probably be sooner rather than later...... we are doomed. Damn the nuclear industry bastards, to hell.
edit on 24-5-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
Damn the nuclear industry bastards, to hell.

That's exacty what Gunderson wants, as he is funded by the anti-nuclear lobby.

That being the person quoted in the article...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If the rich are really out to kill the world, why haven't they finished off reactor 4? They have the perfect chance. So many people believe in that depopulation junk due to the GA guidestones, without suspecting the GA guidestones themselves despite not knowing where they came from.

I believe our population will stay the same or increase steadily. If something kills us off, it will be natural. The rich depend on us for freaking everything. We are their source of income and work. So backward to think they'd want anything other than even more of us for even cheaper labor.

No only could they finish off reactor 4, but they could dump additional radioactive chemicals into the water to cause more death and just blame it on reactor 4. (Maybe they already have?) Anyway, I have stated my beliefs.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
They (being the criminal mafia mega-rich) had no option IMO to start slowly releasing this to the sheeple. The recent 6.0 earthquake saw to that.

It has been reported that Japan and not just Tokyo will have to be evacuated if the pool goes critical. But those who are mega rich in Japan have already quietly moved out of the areas of concern. Many I believe are already quitely purchasing land in far away places to move to.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I heard NASA has a bunch of space suits not being used right now. Certainly if the astronauts can survive the Kepler belt and solar radiation, surely Fuki #4 wont be a problem. Suit 'em up, haul it out!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thats"Van Allen belt" by the way, any how tha reactors have been spewing radiation for a year now......
The amount may be prodigious.......the water they comtinualy dump into the sea must be contaminated to hell
#4 and #3 need to be made safe at any cost.
Money shoud not be the issue, the UN needs to decare Japan a disaster zone....
We all need to contribute here......there is no way well get away clean if we dont.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You are absolutely correct. Thank you. Thats what I get when I post without sleep. oops.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

I heard NASA has a bunch of space suits not being used right now. Certainly if the astronauts can survive the Kepler belt and solar radiation, surely Fuki #4 wont be a problem. Suit 'em up, haul it out!

Those suits don't offer enough protection to protect you from a nuclear disaster. Actually, didn't myth busters cover that? I'm positive I saw some show talking about why didn't they send in space suits yadda yadda/

First, like I said, not enough protection. I mean, they are sealed units, so the fallout dust wouldn't get into your lungs, but actual nuclear reaction, gamma ray bursts, etc, no protection.

Second, those suits are designed for low/zero g, have you not seen video of them testing suits out on earth? They have to be suspended from cranes or submerged in water, you are hardly mobile in them.

Look how hard it was on the moon in low gravity, imagine all of the weight of that on them, you couldn't get any work done.

Reactor 4 doesn't worry me. The spent fuel rods there do. That is what we need to be worried about, if they become exposed to the air, which they arguably have started to be, they will ignite and spew radioactive debris everywhere. If enough hydrogen builds up, it will react with oxygen and create a catastrophic hydrogen explosion. I believe I heard they are pumping in nitrogen to try to dilute the hydrogen to avoid this.

This is far from over, and is looking worse as time goes by

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join