It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBQ Yiehha :)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hello people from around the World!

On Friday i make a BBQ Party and i thought maybe you know some good recipes 4 a good Salat or something like this, would be nice too hear your Ideas
!

greetings from Germany!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Hello from Canada.

A nice spinach salad with a raspberry vinaigrette and a nice new york cut of steak or a t-bone.
I have a good recipe for burgers if you need it.

What are you planning food wise??

I love a good bbq.

Edit...how bout some coleslaw??
edit on 23-5-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Howdy from Oregon

We had this homemade Jalapeno and Bacon Macaroni dish at a barbeque and it was delicious!
Recipe

Peace and good foods..
edit on 23-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Get yourself a whole pig,dig a deep pit.
Throw a bunch of charcoal and hickory in it and set it on fire.

Let the coals die down and.....you said a barbecue,right?

en.wikipedia.org...

A salad is not a barbecue.

Or are we talking about the sides dishes for people to bring.
edit on 23-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In Germany we call it "Grillen"
not BBQ

Jalapeno and Bacon Macaroni sounds very good in my opinion!! I love hot food, thx 4 the tip

edit on 24-5-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

We eat Meat the most...i make a Greek Salad, some Tzaziki, Baguette, Fladenbrot and Stuff. The Spinach Salad sounds good to!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well Good Morning Germany

Here in the great state of North Carolina, USA...BBQ or Barbeque is a noun...NOT a verb. We eat BBQ.

You basically get some cinderblocks or bricks and build a 3 sided box or "pit" about 1-2 foot off the ground. Build a big fire out of charcoal or dry oak wood...let it burn down to coals..and build a smaller fire to the side to put extra coals on the fire as needed.

Get your meat...maybe chicken or pork or beef or goat... place on a metal rack that has been put over the fire pit which is now the grill. Slow cook or roast depending on the meat. If a large cut of meat, say a pig or bunch of pork shoulders or butts...I make a "pup tent" out of tin foil and place over it to hold the heat and smoke in.

If it is chickens or small cuts of meat, it will take a couple of hours...or a big cut of meat will take all night and into the morning.

Our sauce is simple. Apple cider vinegar, a little ketchup, hot red cayenne dried pepper flakes, maybe a little dab of mustard... some add butter or sugar...boil till mixed and lightly brush the meat while cooking. When the meat is done and thoroughly cooked...tear it up, put into a big pot or serving dish or bowl...pour sauce over and serve.

We serve t with slaw...shredded or chopped cabbage mixed with a little sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise or miracle whip.

Also potato salad...not German, but Southern Style...mashed potatoes mixed with chopped green peppers, chopped sweet red peppers, onions, pickle relish, chopped boiled eggs, mayo and a dab of mustard... all mixed and chilled.

Baked beans are good too. Take a few cans of pork n beans, chopped onions and sweet bell peppers, some brown sugar or molasses, a few shots of hot sauce... mix and pour into a baking dish, gently lay strips of bacon on top and bake till bacon is done.

There ya go... NC BBQ...

Now there are many variations on the above and BBQ is as controversial as religion and politics... so don't be overwhelmed by the variety of BBQ dishes.

Y'all enjoy your BBQ, now.

edit on 24-5-2012 by AlreadyGone because: spelling cause my cat messed me up

top topics

join