It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canyonlands Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So I went on a spur of the moment trip 2 weeks ago. Drove from myrtle beach s.c. to atlanta, then flew to vegas. Stayed in Vegas one night, it was cool , then went to the grand canyon, very cool too. Next stop was Canyonlands Utah. The place is amazing ! Went to Zion and Grand Staircase too, but Canyonlands was THA DEAL. I had never been there before and I had perma grin, It is SO amazing that You just have GOT TO GO. if you havent. Sitting on crazy molten looking rocks from a flinstones episode and losing yourself in peacefulness and beauty. Canyonlands is definately, out of all of my travels, the most cool place I have ever been. The town of Moab in Utah is super cool too, as well as Springville just outside of Zion is VERY cool. Utah is yet, my fave for scenery and that WOW factor. I also went snorkeling in Nevada, the water was clear like the caribbean....It was nice to go on something besides a usual surf trip..Highly recommended,,and best of all, MOST stores have coconut water,,my friend in the heat.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My favorite was Arches. Too bad a man was killed by lightning in front of me in the park. But the earthscape is like being on an alien planet that is millions of years more sedate than ours.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Canyonlands is awesome, the white rim trail was a rough drive but gorgeous view, more accessable than grand canyon too! Arches is amazing. I'm jealous of the people that manage to snag campspots in the park!

Moab is a fun town, so many outdoor tour and gear stores, and a few neat restaurants. Did you try the Mexican place? "there's no can in our mex-i-can"? lol The owner was from Kent WA and super nice. The slickrock trail was insane, and way too intense for my mountain biking skillset but I tried it anyways.

The coolest part was car camping just outside of town at Oak Grove campground along the Colorado river, AMAZING view, cheap, bats came out every night and cleared away the mosquitoes, and I had just enough cell service to be able to get pizza delivery to our campsite! I want to go back soon, but I havent tried Bryce or Zion yet.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I liked zion but it is way crowded..Beautiful none the less, nah I didnt eat the mexican there,,shoulda asked on ATS where to eat..I cant beleive the guy got struck by lightening in front of that other guy,,man thats harsh... sorry to hear that.

top topics

join