It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebirth of the Military Flamethrower

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They are not illegal and are now being sold to the public, no background checks and persons under 18 can even buy them.

I started a new thread because this was so old and nobody was seeing it.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimi Hendrix

Maybe not...www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

We also lost White Phosphorus we used as bunker / fox hole clearing in my time .
The 40mm grenade has been pulled.
edit on 14-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowXIX

They don't use flamethrowers because they have better weapons now like thermo-baric bombs to drop at cave entrances.

More effective.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Solarity

as far as i know they are legal as long as you dont use them in urban environments with civilians present. still drinking my coffee so i may be wrong. i am also unsure if any one fields modern ones but napalm seems to be used from time to time still. bet the north koreans got a few of these laying around as dictators tend to care less for laws of war.

i gues in this age we could take the (wo)man out of the equation and put them on drones/robotic ground drones .drive one of those bomb squad robots in a cave and light it up like xmas ,caves couls pose problems for controling drones so flame tanks tended to be moderately terrifying

Historically one less used way to get rid of entrenched troops in mountians or caves for example is to blow the whole frigging thing up using sappers and undermines ,pretty sure the french did this to take out a german army in ww1 that had held the high ground for years

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Brits did it too, someone posted a list yesterday that shows the biggest non-nuclear explosions....the mines that were used were on the list.....10'000+ dead.....

<< 1  2   >>

join