It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Design of Survival Bunker, 'Panic Room' :)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey prof you shouldent be telling people of your bunker as some people will think your a terrorist. Then we will be reading of a SWAT team storming it. You will get some good threads after they dig ya out

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes, I was thinking a garden, but then it would be house. I already designed a bunker home with a garden, but that would be too expensive hehe. I think it is a good idea to incorporate a garden for some fresh food and probably raise a few chickens for eggs and meat, it would mean increasing the space limited by the fence and it could also mean that this can only be an above ground project..

What is your main goal with this? Survive nuclear war? The gestapo? Total apocaylpse? The main thing I prepare for is economic collapse, so my comments are mostly wrapped aroung that kind of ordeal.

Nuclear war, asteroid, etc is going to last a lot longer than 3 months. So either you'll prolong your existence to only die in a few months anyways or you'll be equipped to to continue on and even prosper.

Perhaps you're only preparing for a natural disaster? For that your hardened structure is way overkill. What threats do you face in your location?

Asteroid? For that you'll need to double your area for an LED grow room powered by a steam generator (there will be no shortage of dead wood in that type of event.

A lot of dire events we wouldn't even be warned about for you to have a chance to even get out there. You might just consider turning your house into the bunker with 1/4" plate steel covering it and painted over.

Forgive me I'm just rambling at this point

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I became a gardening and seed collecting maniac to a degree and scale thats hard to believe when we were long term storing massive sacks of beans a few years ago. It occured to me that all of the dried beans are actually seeds, so why buy so many to stockpile when I can just grow them anyways? Why have so much space inside my house filled with stockpiled food when I can have a garden otuside anyways, which under many circumstances wold become inevitable anyways because even a million dollars worth of food will run out sooner or later or even spoil in the meantime. Why have a 100 pounds of a few types of beans when for less money I can have 40 different kinds just buying seed quantities and single pounds of every type at the stores.

edit on 23-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

LMAO, I am just safety conscious, I think the economy is going to crash ya know, that also answers the second question to the poster below. I don't think there is going to be a nuclear war, but if there is, well I wouldn't survive it lol.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I am thinking more natural disasters and economic meltdown, meaning people trying to find food etc.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Very neat design! Like the thingie you did with the safety walls..
One of the first things that come to my mind is the purification/ventilation/heating, what you called a climate control system. Do you use oxygen from outside and purify it? or do you use oxygen tanks? Both may occupy some space but purification is more durable, specially in case of biological or chemical attacks.
Here is how they did it in the Atlantikwall

btw building these kind of rooms is a goldmine in this day and age, i knew an entrepeneur here who got really rich by building nuclear bunkers, good way of anticyclical thinking

edit on 23-5-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

For cooling I have a small vent near the side that I might expand for a small climate control system, but I do not want it big enough that it would enable breaching. Just some things I am thinking of currently. Yea in the future I would not mind creating this for people, charge twice the price and get a profit out of it. Hehe.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Because EVERY bunker should have a computer desk.

Good thing you didn't forget about that!

/SARCASM

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

For cooling I have a small vent near the side that I might expand for a small climate control system, but I do not want it big enough that it would enable breaching. Just some things I am thinking of currently. Yea in the future I would not mind creating this for people, charge twice the price and get a profit out of it. Hehe.

Hey! I expect an ATS discount damn it!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I am thinking more natural disasters and economic meltdown, meaning people trying to find food etc.

In that case 2 weeks worth of food and a way to defend it should be good enough for natural disasters, while for ecnomic collapse if you have that kind of money I'd advise getting 5+ acres more-than-a-gas-tank-worth-of-fuel away from any cities, and build a bug out vehicle. Either you'll be able to survive in your community, or you'll be a hostage until you finally run out of ammo or starve. A "Plan B" location is crucial, if you so have the means. Either way expect to have to garden and raise some kind of meat and doulble down on your perimeter security.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Don't worry, you get an ATS discount. The point system might come into play j/k

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I like your design. One thing. Have you considered buring a Metal Storage Container. You can get good ones as cheap as $1,500.00 usd. You would be able to fence and solarize the surface above. My only fear for you is that if the "Zombies" see an above ground bunker, they will know you have goodies. First thing I would do (if attacking), would be rocks to your solar panels. Several days in the dark and I think you would be coming out. Since I have nothing, I would wait as long as needed to get your stash. Buried bunker is harder for passers by to notice. Have your solar panels out in the outside, make them easy to take in your underground bunker at night. Just a thought. Somewhere on my Prepper Blog, I have a list of metal storage container sales companies.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I love the idea of these rooms, though i hate the idea that you would feel like a prisoner in cell.

When you and your family are there you should all try to relax and calm down as much as possible.
To help with this i would include ideas from architect Garry Chang.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

In a long term urban survival situation you're going to need all the resources and SPACE you can get to maximize productivity and for storing things you scrounge or whatever. A bunker I'd personally only consider for a fallout shelter, unless you can build a big secret undergound structure under your house. But that still brings me back to my point: I'd plan on fortifiying your entire house and property line for the long haul. Get attack trained dogs. Perimeter fences, and so on. Try to get some neighbors who are armed and are at least somewhat likeminded. Assuming you cant get yourself a Plan B location.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Wow, that is fantastic and amazing. I really love the idea that one room can transform into a 24 room house
Amazing ingenuity, I would love to design something like that hehe.

Have a higher quality upload of my bunker design which looks a bit clearer:

edit on 083131p://5America/ChicagoWed, 23 May 2012 20:17:08 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Also it would need to be at least 500 ft below ground surface and within a mountain.

If TSHTF I really hope i'm at ground zero, I'm tired of all this monkeying around with all this petty $hit.

Most humans aren't worth saving anyway, they are mean, greedy, cruel, savage and heartless.

Sorry but I've been studying human history all day and that's my take on this subject.

edit on 23-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Great ideas, I will have to take this all into consideration. Basically Food, stealth, comfort, durability and hardening. Yea the electric fence is a last line perimeter, but I understand your 'standoff' perimeter farther away.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You should also look at the Earth Ships, there are lots of designs. and you could incorporate some of them into your design.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The walls are made of pure steel, 6 inches thick.

If this thing were not buried, it'd sound alot like an oven.
You must not forget option c.
Plan a = panic room.
Plan b = bug out.
Plan c = mutual destruction, I hear the russians have got some cold war munitions dirt cheap.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I love to see a thread like this where people can brainstorm on bunker related ideas.

However, having reviewed the design presented, it seems to defeat the purpose and at worse is a death trap.

First, the concept of an above ground panic room or storm shelter, for what you are considering likely scenarios, is a wrong start. For a natural disaster, let's consider a tornado the worst case possibility, all the hell of a hurricane on short notice and condensed into a few minutes. You need to be able to access your facility as quickly as possible. Having to go outside and go past two levels of barricades is likely to kill you.

If the case is a collapse where civility is lost, your design screams, "Hey I have something worth protecting in here! Come and get it." You fence, though electrified is easily compromised. Assuming then that the horde cant physically penetrate your building, they destroy your solar panels or take them for themselves. If they are really nasty, they decide to turn your building into an oven and set fires around an on it to cook you out, if the sun hasn't already done it. Plus, you only have one entry exit point.

So really, you need to go back to square one. Assuming that this is going to be added on to an existing home, you need to either fortify a room or an entire basement, OR you add an underground bunker and connect it to your home. You need to have an entry/exit point from inside your home, and one exit point on the outside. Disguise the outside egress point.

You can tie in any of your homes system into your bunker, and have a secondary source such as water tanks and/or barrels, 12V DC battery powered system and inverters. Consider LED lighting for the facility. If you can link a camera system to monitor the home and outside from within, great. Keep the bunker stocked with the food, water and any other supplies you need for 1 month. That is more than enough time you need for the scenarios you are considering.

I would view the societal collapse as the worst of the two. Here is how I see the worst case scenario playing out for you with this system in place:

Society has descended into anarchy. All services are down. You and your family are hold up in your home. You defend your castle. You have been able to repel attempted looters for weeks, but the worst of society are banding together in Mad Max gangs. One night you see the horde coming and they have an eye on your home. You try to fend them off but you are outgunned and outnumbered. You and your family retreat into your bunker as you hear them breaking through. You seal yourselves up and prepare to wait it out. They ransack your home taking everything. They want to take the women and children but they can't get in your bunker. They can try to wait you out, but are likely too impatient for that. They may take a scorched earth approach and torch your home. Your protected in your bunker and have an exit point for once the fire and horde have cleared. You take your bugout bags you had prepared for just such a situation and you and your family move off in the opposite direction of the horde. Hopefully to meet up with a preplanned network of survivalist friends or a secondary hidden bunker. The world is hell, but you survive.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join