It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting speech by Putin, do you agree with or trust him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
axisoflogic.com...

Therefore. It is well known that international security comprises much more than issues relating to military and political stability. It involves the stability of the global economy, overcoming poverty, economic security and developing a dialogue between civilisations.

This universal, indivisible character of security is expressed as the basic principle that “security for one is security for all”. As Franklin D. Roosevelt said during the first few days that the Second World War was breaking out: “When peace has been broken anywhere, the peace of all countries everywhere is in danger.”

These words remain topical today. Incidentally, the theme of our conference – global crises, global responsibility – exemplifies this.

Only two decades ago the world was ideologically and economically divided and it was the huge strategic potential of two superpowers that ensured global security.

This global stand-off pushed the sharpest economic and social problems to the margins of the international community’s and the world’s agenda. And, just like any war, the Cold War left us with live ammunition, figuratively speaking. I am referring to ideological stereotypes, double standards and other typical aspects of Cold War bloc thinking.

The unipolar world that had been proposed after the Cold War did not take place either.

The history of humanity certainly has gone through unipolar periods and seen aspirations to world supremacy. And what hasn’t happened in world history?

However, what is a unipolar world? However one might embellish this term, at the end of the day it refers to one type of situation, namely one centre of authority, one centre of force, one centre of decision-making.

It is world in which there is one master, one sovereign. And at the end of the day this is pernicious not only for all those within this system, but also for the sovereign itself because it destroys itself from within.

And this certainly has nothing in common with democracy. Because, as you know, democracy is the power of the majority in light of the interests and opinions of the minority. Incidentally, Russia – we – are constantly being taught about democracy. But for some reason those who teach us do not want to learn themselves.

I consider that the unipolar model is not only unacceptable but also impossible in today’s world. And this is not only because if there was individual leadership in today’s – and precisely in today’s – world, then the military, political and economic resources would not suffice. What is even more important is that the model itself is flawed because at its basis there is and can be no moral foundations for modern civilisation.

Along with this, what is happening in today’s world – and we just started to discuss this – is a tentative to introduce precisely this concept into international affairs, the concept of a unipolar world.

I am not 100% on board but a unipolar world is a certainly bad situation, one that our military-industrial complex will fight to maintain regardless of how many lives they sacrifice. If unipolar is ok for the world then is it also ok for our government? If so then let's do away with the checks and balances which congress and the judicial system were intended to provide!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Surely a unipolar world is simply another term for a single government NWO?

Personally, I wouldn't trust Putin as far as I could throw him, and he's better at Martial Arts than I'll ever be.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What I get from this is Putin acknowledges aspirations of some in the world to establish a one world goverment. He is sending a message that he is not on board.
Neither am I.
Looks like I have the same political beliefs as the leader of Russia!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

He took Russia, which was well on it's way to becoming a real Democracy and turned it backwards toward a Dictatorship. Many evil men in history have been charismatic, good speakers. To support anything he does I'd first have to be functionally illiterate on the topic and want a world ruled by elitist Dictators.

The danger of propaganda is it's hard to tell from truth at times. Just like Putin, Stalin and others fooled lots of people.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

On the other hand, he did free Russia from the Central Banks. Whether he is liked or not is hard to say, as there is much propaganda at the moment. Usually, when I see him criticized in rags like the Economist, I take the opposite to be true.

edit on 23-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: typo

edit on 23-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would enjoy seeing a live broadcast of putting donning a Guy Fawks Mask

In any-case we need examine this entire situation further, Start linking up ideas thoughts and Circumstances..

THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT ALOT ALOT OF PROTESTS AND CIVIL-WARS GOING ON RECENTLY..

THE WORLD IS UNDERGOING SOME [REDACTED] And we all need to put our heads together..

I spoke out to the masses about 6 months ago and I know you all heard me.. follow that golden cord.

Humans will soon understand.. the time of awakening has begun.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by oghamxx

He took Russia, which was well on it's way to becoming a real Democracy and turned it backwards toward a Dictatorship. Many evil men in history have been charismatic, good speakers. To support anything he does I'd first have to be functionally illiterate on the topic and want a world ruled by elitist Dictators.

The danger of propaganda is it's hard to tell from truth at times. Just like Putin, Stalin and others fooled lots of people.

It was well on its way to becoming a US puppet state, it was also infiltrated by British agents many of which became insanly rich in the process. Putin is no angel but i believe he had to do what he did to stop the country falling into the hands of the NWO.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

With no Free Press, most of what we get to know is propaganda the same as if we were in Russia. Freedom trumps all other considerations for me.

It's truly sad he was so easily able to undo what so many died for. He is a monster and of that I have no doubt. The things said by him publicly are controlled and calculated, but his actions reveal who he is.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Why would you actually believe the things he says for internal consumption to control his population. I back, in my mind at least, those in Russia stilling trying for Freedom despite Putin. They will never be Free until they have a Free Press and Free Speech.

Putin is for whatever gives him the most personal power and wealth. I'm sure that devising propaganda is a big part of his world. In other words he is very adept at lying to maintain his power. In this case it's his well practiced technique of diverting attention from himself at a convenient moment for him. His fantasy fight against the Bogey Man, the NWO is so much garbage I think.

They're coming to get us, so hide under the bed little ones

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well I agree with you on the freedom thing. I quickly googled after reading your reply, which on the surface confirms what you said (googled article).

At the moment, globally, I think the only Free Press is found online, when you can filter out the crap (which is getting harder and harder to do). Personally, I really don't know much about Putin other than what I gather in a somewhat broad news base (i.e. through financial literature, radio programs, etc.). I try hard to cut through the crap, but when do you really know you have.

edit on 23-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Why would you actually believe the things he says for internal consumption to control his population. I back, in my mind at least, those in Russia stilling trying for Freedom despite Putin. They will never be Free until they have a Free Press and Free Speech.

Putin is for whatever gives him the most personal power and wealth. I'm sure that devising propaganda is a big part of his world. In other words he is very adept at lying to maintain his power. In this case it's his well practiced technique of diverting attention from himself at a convenient moment for him. His fantasy fight against the Bogey Man, the NWO is so much garbage I think.

They're coming to get us, so hide under the bed little ones

Free Speech and free press? like what? like you have in the US...dont make me laugh.Theres not a country on earth that has a free press.
Russia is the last stumbling block to NATO world domination.Its always been a wild card.Do you know anything about Russian oligarchs? Roman Abramovich? Alisher Usmanov? Boris Berezovsky? and many others.All exiled from Russia by Putin for corruption and becoming insanly rich after the collapse of communism selling oil and natural resources on the black market at knocked down prices to western countrys.You know where they are living now? yes thats right, England, under taxpayer funded round the clock police protection..isnt that odd.
So you are trying to say that Putin is fighting bogey men? Russia having more natural resources than any other country on earth? You are trying to say that the west is not trying to infiltrate Russia and is not trying to get their hands on those resources?

If you are trying to say that Putin is just paranoid then I think you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about.

Putin is no fool, he knows that western style democracy is too easily infiltrated.
edit on 23-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Even though we have the issue of Party loyal MSM here, at least we get all sides if we have the willingness to monitor the news on all sides. Russia has no such option.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Kind of a strange tangent your on there.

You've never been here in the US have you? Let's just say we are far more free than the radicals pretend. All we have to do to get all sides of issues is change the channel. Russians have no such choice.

What's the point of defending Putin's desire to return Russia to being under a Dictator, which he has already done?

Don't confuse the political nonsense here at ATS or in the news during political dialogue with facts.

Unlike with Putin, we can get rid of our problems at election time. Most of the hype here is just hype and the result of paranoia and hate. I think most of us know that. Deny Ignorance.
edit on 5/23/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Kind of a strange tangent your on there.

You've never been here in the US have you? Let's just say we are far more free than the radicals pretend. All we have to do to get all sides of issues is change the channel. Russians have no such choice.

What's the point of defending Putin's desire to return Russia to being under a Dictator, which he has already done?

Don't confuse the political nonsense here at ATS or in the news during political dialogue with facts.

Unlike with Putin, we can get rid of our problems at election time. Most of the hype here is just hype and the result of paranoia and hate. I think most of us know that. Deny Ignorance.

You can get all the western channels in Russia with subtitles BBC, SKY, even CNN and FOX so i realy dont know what you are talking about.
You got Obama starting wars right left and center without the approval of congress singing executive orders daily, signing legislation like the NDAA and your rabbiting on about putin being a dictator?
This is a classic..."Unlike with Putin, we can get rid of our problems at election time." ? ye..lol. keep tellin yourself that. Hope and change and all that eh?...rofl

All joking aside you are living in the most morally bankrupt country on earth, the US administrations that have been in power in the US while Putin has been in power have the blood of millions of innocents on their hands.
Invaded how many countrys all illegaly? how many countrys has Putin invaded in that time? How many wars has Putin started?
Name one thing that Putin has done that the US hasnt done in the last 15 years?

Your Hypocracy is astounding.
edit on 23-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

was well on it's way to becoming a real Democracy and turned it backwards toward a Dictatorship. Many evil men in history have been charismatic, good speakers.

What makes you think our American,Canadian Democracy is any different or better?
while i was on CNN.com i saw these comments how the great Nixon ended the vietnam war

It started with J. F. KENNEDY ... so, don't blame it all Nixon. Besides, it wouldn't have mattered who became president of the US at that time.

Yeah our Democracy is just fine and we shouldn't worry that we no matter who are voting for they always end been the same leader as the one before him.

Blaine91555 if may i ask what makes you think we dont live in a Dictatorship already? putin isn't a Dictator, unless your talking about NK.

But putin was the one who in 2008 who brought Russia's economy back.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
why would a scoundrel want an ultimate authority that would demand justice and not forgive? Why would a rich man want equality and generosity to be enforced?

The world and our collective conciousness will manifest the GOD we always wanted.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Regardless of the true character of Putin and whether he has helped or harmed the people of Russia, I do applaud him for talking on a more cerebral level than the recycled garbage that I see and hear so much in the United States and at least paying lip service to opposing a one world order.

new topics

top topics

join