It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Obama: 30 Worst Months of Employment in the Past 25 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just like the thread title state, 30 months of record high unemployment.
Ask yourself, how many people do know with out a job.
Who has been with out work for a year or two?

I Know, I Know, It's Bushes Fault!
Obama is a Failure.

From the article and that is the Headline:

The federal government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes monthly tallies for the employment-population ratio. That stat shows something rather straightforward: Among those who are living in America and are free to pursue employment, what percentage are employed?

Yes, ask yourself, Who do you know employed and unemployed, now what percentage is higher?

Over the past quarter of a century (a total of 300 months), dating back to May 1987 and the Reagan administration, here are the 30 worst months (that is, the bottom 10 percent) for the employment-population ratio, along with the president who happened to be in office at that particular time

And I ask You,,, What President is in Office?
No,,, it's not Bushes Fault,,, Remember the Rescission ended officially in 2009.

1. (tie) July 2011, 58.2 percent, President Barack Obama
1. (tie) June 2011, 58.2 percent, Obama
1. (tie) November 2010, 58.2 percent, Obama
1. (tie) December 2009, 58.2 percent, Obama
5. (tie) August 2011, 58.3 percent, Obama
5. (tie) December 2010, 58.3 percent, Obama
5. (tie) October 2010, 58.3 percent, Obama
8. (tie) April 2012, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) October 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) September 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) May 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) April 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) February 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
8. (tie) January 2011, 58.4 percent, Obama
15. (tie) March 2012, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) January 2012, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) December 2011, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) November 2011, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) March 2011, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) September 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) August 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) July 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) June 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) March 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) February 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) January 2010, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) November 2009, 58.5 percent, Obama
15. (tie) October 2009, 58.5 percent, Obama
29. February 2012, 58.6 percent, Obama
30. (tie) May 2010, 58.7 percent, Obama
30. (tie) April 2010, 58.7 percent, Obama
30. (tie) September 2009, 58.7 percent, Obama

Interestingly, the 30 (or 32, including ties) worst months for employment in the past 25 years have all come after the most recent recession ended, in June 2009. In other words, they’ve all come during the Obama “recovery.”

www.weeklystandard.com...

Yes Interesting isn't it,,,,, Obamas Recovery,,, is not really working,,,, imagine that!

MODS, I used the search function. Please delete or move.
edit on 23-5-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For you people that will surely come here and blame the other presidents for Obamas failures.
HERE!

What’s more, under every other president during the past 25 years (spanning from the later stages of the Reagan presidency through the entire George W. Bush presidency), the employment-population ratio was always over 60 percent — every single month, for 260 consecutive months. In vivid contrast, with the exception of the month in which he took office (January 2009) and his first full month in office (February 2009), the employment-population ratio under Obama has always been under 60 percent — every single month, for 38 consecutive months. (For 32 consecutive months — from September 2009 to the present day — it’s been under 59 percent.)

www.weeklystandard.com...

That right less than 59% of Americans are employed.
Who's fault is that,,,,,, Ford, Chrysler, Honeywell, IBM, Lockheed Martin, NASA or Big Oil?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You really think Obama controls the economy?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The recession did end. This is the new norm.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I do think that if conservatives keep spreading the same BS over and over...that they believe that people will believe them...

Despite them crying wolf over and over..you know the cry...Obama is destroying the country...the country is still around and recovering...yet they will continue to spread lies until they can get the gullible to believe.

I believe in his first year..they were crying that the country would be in gone and destroyed in four years..yet America still stands..and on it's way back.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I believe in his first year..they were crying that the country would be in gone and destroyed in four years..yet America still stands..and on it's way back.

I think you forgot to say, "Too soon?"

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The economy was plunged off a cliff in 2008 and 2009 - Bush lobbed Obama a grenade and then ran off into the sunset.

The GOP knew whoever was coming into office in 2009 was going to get the full blame for the economic collapse caused by GOP policies of the previous 8 years, why do you think they put up such a weak candidate (McCain)? They wanted to lose. No sooner than they were out of office than they immediately began blaming Obama for the economy, while stonewalling any attempt at recovery, or outright thwarting it. Anything they could do to hurt the economy would end up being reflected on Obama.

Now they're trying to slime their way back into office. The GOP - never again.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
88 million Americans are out of work the worst months of employment in the past 25 years

I agree.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Please stop with the logic and facts, it's too much.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
88 million Americans are out of work the worst months of employment in the past 25 years

I agree.

My friend, you see the regular Obama Shrills are here, I figured they would have had a shift change by now at the Obama Shrill Shack in Washington,,,,,
They just hate it when you use Stats & facts and Real People are out there Suffering. After nearly 4 years it's Still Bushes Fault!!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

So,ignore the fact that Obama isnt this God-Like Messiah,that every Liberal is claiming ?

Hell yeah,Bush was a failure in MANY ways. That DOESN'T change the fact.....

Spin it anyway you want to.....This fact cant be blamed on anyone,but Obama's Polarization,and his weak policy's,here at home,to jump start the economy,and Jobs. Shovel Ready my arse.......................

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

So,ignore the fact that Obama isnt this God-Like Messiah,that every Liberal is claiming ?

Spin it anyway you want to.....This fact cant be blamed on anyone,but Obama's Polarization,and his weak policy's,here at home,to jump start the economy,and Jobs. Shovel Ready my arse.......................

My friend, the only shovel ready jobs Obama created was grave diggers, but then again, we don't use shovels any more do we.
Bush was No great President, That's a fact, but not every thing is his fault, Obama needs to man up and take some responibilty,,, But we are talking about obama being a man,,, that will never happen.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The economy was plunged off a cliff in 2008 and 2009 - Bush lobbed Obama a grenade and then ran off into the sunset.

I like that analogy. I will mentally file it away with the visual real "train wreck" someone posted months back, along with the common notion of a very....very....deep economic hole, somewhat akin to the difference between a well hole 9 feet deep versus 90 feet deep.

I agree with the rest of the post.

IMO, if anything is to blame in the Obama administration for a slow recovery, it could be his conservatism, as stated below by Republican Bruce Bartlett

Conservatives will, of course, scoff at the idea of Obama being any sort of conservative, just as liberals scoffed at Nixon being any kind of liberal. But with the benefit of historical hindsight, it’s now obvious that Nixon was indeed a moderate liberal in practice. And with the passage of time, it’s increasingly obvious that Clinton was essentially an Eisenhower Republican. It may take 20 years before Obama’s basic conservatism is widely accepted as well, but it’s a fact.

source

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The worst part of all this is that the numbers are even better than they should be because as well all know by now they do not count those who have completely lost their unemployment benefits and are no longer receiving a check and they dont take into account those that have just given up on finding a job.

And the argument that Bush caused this and ran away is getting old. Bush didn't cause anything. This is what the MSM wants you to think so you will keep voting for Obama. I think its great that the same people that will say the president doesn't control the economy are the same people that blame bush. Do you not see the twisted logic in that? Bush didn't cause this any more than Clinton did. The economy has sucked for a while and Obama has just made it worse and it is still heading downhill. Its seriously time to wipe the crud out of your eyes and realize that the guy you voted for sucks, his stimulus didn't do anything and we are worse off than before. I know you want to blame someone else because they you wont have to face the reality of it all but be an adult and look at it objectively instead of with the my team cant lose attitude. There are not teams, its not a game, the guy failed and it will only get worse if you give him another chance at it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Bush did cause this slow down, nearly 1 million jobs a month being lost.
I read some of your posts and they sound delusional, no wonder BUSH
Able to mismanage the country so poorly for so long. So many clueless
Americans

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm so tired of this sophomoric blame-game. Whenever I (reluctantly) wander into these political circle-jerks I always find it necessary to point out that I did not vote for Obama --- I wrote-in Ron Paul --- and will almost certainly do the same this time. But the Obama blame fest argument is entirely specious at best and outright propaganda at worst. Do you maroons actually believe that given the intertwined nature of our economy with that or the world at-large that we can somehow dial-up our employment when the rest of our trading partners are in the toilet? How exactly does THAT work?

And these jobs you lament, where did they go? The policies that allowed (actually encouraged) comanies to move their operations overseas didn't happen under Obama. The hands-off, wink-and-a-nod 'regulation' of Wall Street banks that allowed the housing market (and the millions of jobs connected to that sector) to collapse didn't happen under Obama. The 3 biggest job loss sectors between 2000 and 2010 were Construction at 1.3M, Manufacturing at 5.8M and IT at just under 1M --- with retail not far behind. Ask yourself, where did these jobs go and who was driving when they disappeared?

I'm a statistician by trade. I know how to 'play with numbers'. You can use data to get answers or use numbers to craft impressions. I suggest you learn how to distinguish the two.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
what's 21012 - 25 ? 1987

who was president then ?

and why would anyone want to go back to trickle down voodoo economics ? (if it made any sense it would be flow down. who wants a trickle ?)

be grateful obama saved the WORLD from bush's depression

why would anyone want to go back to that ?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

Thank you for making a personal attack on me. I love how it always comes back to that when logic fails. I don't see how logic is considered delusional but you have a right to your opinion. Enjoy getting laid off, you could be next. I know I spent quite a long time unemployed for the first time in my life and bush wasn't the president at the time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by sonnny1

My friend, the only shovel ready jobs Obama created was grave diggers, but then again, we don't use shovels any more do we.
Bush was No great President, That's a fact, but not every thing is his fault, Obama needs to man up and take some responibilty,,, But we are talking about obama being a man,,, that will never happen.

Very true. Winner lead : Losers blame others

Biden is blaming the Tea Party.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Dem or Rep, doesn't matter who as they both only work to ensure that the few prosper at the expense of the many.

There is not one economic plan that isn't crafted to ensure that wealth is kept at the top. Really. They, the Ds & Rs, only work for the few but run their yaps at election time trying to mobilize the masses, conning us to think that what the country's needs will be met by w/e plan will keep the most money in the fewest hands at the expense of the many. REALLY.

Mussolini's dream of gov't has truly become a reality.

Derek

top topics

<<   2 >>

join