It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coast of Scotland, low night flying excercises by typhoons..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Im on the Ayrshire coast about 30 miles from Glasgow. Tonight at 10.45 3 Typhoons flew over the town heading for a high hilly area about 5 miles south that was used for night time Tornado practice immediately before Iraq 1. This is the first Ive seen this since that time.

The area used is high hills and deep valleys and tonight they were flying into the hills before returning over the town at a very low hight (Approx 400ft).

I hope this isnt a prelude to Iran, especially as it has started straight after the Nato Summit.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I heard but did not see Military jets last night about the same time West of Carlisle.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I heard it too and it was reported on the news, but no one seems to know what it was.

Are you sure? Any links?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If it was night how did you know it was typhoons?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
nato's collective floating,submerged and carrier borne toy box, i am led to understand is somewhere between scotland at iceland atm. the excercises are apparently for the olympic games. the typhoons are quite cool and very noisy on short take-offs and i have seen a number of them going through the motions.
there may be other motives at play but the official word several weeks ago was 'preparations for the games'.

i doubt nato will get involved in the iran situation on the initial kick-off. they would be wise to stay well away from the gulf of hormuz whilst radio controlled flying death generators are optional and seem to be abundant throughout the middle east.

f.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I didn't know we could afford to fly 3 typhoons at the same time

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
I didn't know we could afford to fly 3 typhoons at the same time

There could be a number of reasons why they're flying out, what I'm curious is if there is repeat occurrences, which my point to some sort of exercises.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm just glad to hear they are back to practicing low-level flying, something that has been lacking in recent years. Due to an over reliance on BVR tactics, the RAF got owned by the Pakistan airforce a couple of years ago when they engaged WVR. Tore us a new arsehole with their ancient F-16's.

As for "being able to afford to fly 3 at once", we actually have around 90 Typhoons at the moment with orders up to 160 in total. Don't believe the media hype about "defence cuts", we still have the 3rd best funded military in the world.

They could do with more cash and they certainly could do with spending cash better, but even at the height of the Empire, we had an Army smaller than we have now and they complained all the time about not having enough money.

We still managed to form the worlds largest ever Empire though!!

new topics

top topics

join