It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN anomaly stopped local time for 60 minutes....or the Earth stopped rotating today!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am staying near Geneva in Switzerland. Been here plenty of times before today. Nothing unusual apart from 6 or 7 years ago when in the middle of the night there was consistently a barely perceptible low frequency hum, for at least 6 months, and definitely not related to the electrics or equipment in the house or area I was living in. I could not figure out what the low hum was, but eventually I speculated that it might be CERN. It's main circular tunnel is about 8-10 km away and I assumed they must be drilling a new tunnel not reported then, nor since, and coming somewhere nearby towards the lake Geneva. Anyway, that's been out of my brain for years.

Late this afternoon I got back from one of my clients early and so I managed to get out for a bike ride for an hour or so and enjoy the spring weather. Got back to the house where I am currently staying, and have been here many time before, so very familiar with the landscape, geography, shadows, etc. Had a shower then sat in the garden to grab some evening sunshine. The neighbour's house cast a shadow halfway across the lawn, as ususal, at that particular time, 18.10 CET.

I moved my chair to be about 2-3m inside the sun's area. Knowing that the sun is moving to the west, and not setting for at least another 2 hours later, I knew, and have experienced IN THE SAME spot, that the sun moves further west / north and that the shadow of the house will move further away from me and I'll be even more in the sun. There is also a tree in a particular position and which will cast a shadow after about an hour of me sitting in that spot.

45 minutes after resting and sunning I went back inside and poured a second small glass of beer and went back outside and sat down in the same chair and faced into the sun for a few more rays. And then it struck me. The sun was in exactly the same position as 18.10, but this was now around 19.00! It was in exactly the same spot against the neighbour's roof. The distance from the tree was the same. The shadows on the lawn were the same! This was nearly an hour later, the chair had not moved, the table and two other chairs were in exactly the same place, and there was no one else around who could have moved anything, 100% sure. I was not dreaming, I was wide awake all the time. I was not drunk, two small glasses of beer are nothing for me. I also did not sleep, I was using my smartphone at the time.

Being an amateur astronomer I knew that what I was thinking was just simply crazy, mad, impossible! Of course the sun would have moved because in that time the earth has rotated a thousand kilometres and the sun has moved nearly 15 degrees through the sky!!! There was no change for another 10-15 minutes, and then later I noticed the shadows were getting longer and evening came.

I know this sounds completely crazy.

Later over dinner I thought about it again, and I could not explain it other than the completely crazy notion that the earth stopped rotating (but we'd all feel it and notice!), or the sun moved (but we'd all feel it and notice), or something else unexplainable.

After 5 minutes something struck me. The sun, in that position at that time of day is directly over CERN, the nuclear particle accelerator. Could it be something to do with that? Impossible. Or not? A time warp? I have no idea, but this was the weirdest thing that I have ever experienced. Any other similar occurrences out there? Any explanations?

edit on 23-5-2012 by FrankPoster because: typo

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

CERN anomaly stopped local time for 60 minutes.

Anyone else have the experience. Obviously, by the title, you say it did happen.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, if it happened to you it would have had to happen to everyone.
I guess we will see by the end of the day if the sun doesn't set at the right time.
I haven't noticed anything abnormal on my end.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankPoster

FrankPoster, I will be sure to pop back in and let you know if the sun sets here at approx. 8.30pm as it should - or not.

If it does, then I would have to assume that any actual phenomena that occurred today is due to something affecting the atmosphere in your area, resulting in solar refraction appearing to stop the progress of the sun in your area.

Or it was just a glitch in the Matrix. Yes.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

CERN is a particle collider. It has nothing to do with time. They deal with particle physics.
A slow day for you and perhaps times relativity was off for you. Five minutes making out is not the same as five minutes sitting in a large freezer. Thats time relativity. Ever use phrases like time is dragging today or boy today went by so fast. I think you are dealing with the same thing here.

Oh and the Lake Geneva shoreline. Isnt that the place where Frank Zappas place burned to the ground per the song by Deep Purple ???? Smoke on the Water.
edit on 23-5-2012 by karen61057 because: to add the Frank Zappa part. I am such a little joker.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

you wasnt drinking beer

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

CERN is a particle collider. It has nothing to do with time. They deal with particle physics.
A slow day for you and perhaps times relativity was off for you. Five minutes making out is not the same as five minutes sitting in a large freezer. Thats time relativity. Ever use phrases like time is dragging today or boy today went by so fast. I think you are dealing with the same thing here.

Oh and the Lake Geneva shoreline. Isnt that the place where Frank Zappas place burned to the ground per the song by Deep Purple ???? Smoke on the Water.
edit on 23-5-2012 by karen61057 because: to add the Frank Zappa part. I am such a little joker.

Although I have encountered similar, call them "feelings" as the OP, they are explainable. The alleged and theoretical "gravity wave" can change space-time and depending on how small the gravity wave actually is, will determine if you notice the alteration in your local perception of time or not.

You say, CERN only deals in particles, hmmm, yes... mainly. Many of the LHC experiments are to both find and create massive particles. One experiment in particular is the creation of black holes, which can be the accumulation of tightly packed particles through either high energy fusion or particle degeneracy (Bose-Einstein Condensates). Black holes are monstrous little carnivores that create an increase in gravity by accumulating mass (or the memory of mass via entanglement). So, what if one of these little buggers came into being at CERN and created a bit of gravity that through string entanglement via BEC's affected the OP's temporal judgment? It could happen ;-) To paraphrase Einstein, "Everything that is not expressly forbidden by law, is compulsory." And unfortunately there are non-zero probabilities that indicate that above scenario concerning the OP is possible LOL.

Only one little problem with this scenario. Where did they drop by black hole? They better find it fast!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Actually..by delving into the subatomic 'matrix' so to speak, as CERN does by exploiting particles, it has everything to do with time as time ( the word "timelessness" would be more descriptive here though). Time is more than a/our psychological construct of motion and the dynamics of actual time-space as opposed to linear time constructs are very relative to all quantum phenomena. At every level of physics, from macro to micro cosmological, suspension of motion through time-space is a variable that needs to be considered...and glitches or excitation of this variable, its affect, while not directly observable, in relative hindsight is certainly quantifiable.

To the OP I'd say even if they did..there's no way to know what or how and even if you could get that info..who for and to what end..will remain unanswerable...enjoy the mystery

Ro
edit on 23-5-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I guess we will see by the end of the day if the sun doesn't set at the right time.

Sorry OP, but im with this guy on this one, It would have had to be experienced by many people, theres no logical explanation as to why it would only happen to you. And if it had happened to loads of people, it would be all over the MSM, it would be one of the biggest stories in human history, if not the biggest. Interesting post though

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Note the name of the OP.
Does that speak to you?

I think that the OP is the hoaxer that every few months delivers a very unusual and well-written but fake story.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Note the name of the OP.
Does that speak to you?

I think that the OP is the hoaxer that every few months delivers a very unusual and well-written but fake story.

I dont mean to be unkind to the OP, but I think you might be right, he,s been a member for nearly two years now, and hes only had 21 posts, you never now, he might be really shy, but i dont think so. 21 posts is bizarre.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Note the name of the OP.
Does that speak to you?

edit on 23-5-2012 by thedoctorswife because: double post

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
awww somebody's looking for attention...funny how only you noticed this

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A crew was exactly 60 minutes late getting to my place today - 9:30 (10:30) CDT

Actually, I figure they were just the type who refuse to reset their clocks to daylight savings time. Hubby agreed.

That gives me a naughty idea for teenagers who happen to come home exactly 1 hour late though - blame it on CERN

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Guess I'll note if sun rise is an hour late in the morning.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
awww somebody's looking for attention...funny how only you noticed this

Yeah, how about that? And your contribution is...?
(no need for second line)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by GmoS719

Sorry OP, but im with this guy on this one, It would have had to be experienced by many people, theres no logical explanation as to why it would only happen to you. And if it had happened to loads of people, it would be all over the MSM, it would be one of the biggest stories in human history, if not the biggest. Interesting post though

actually you are both wrong

show me scientific proof
that a temporal distortion would HAVE to be on a planetary/universal scale

obviously, if op isn't mistaken
it was a local [and self-correcting] event

lol deny ignorance indeed

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That "thing" under ground makes BIG magnetic fields.

We are close to find what gravity **really** is. Not only calculate how it
affects us, or only use the calculations for our satellites. . .

Sooooooooo, what if the light from the sun was distorded localy, at
the OP's place only ??
The magnetic field twisted the light horizontaly a few degrees, 10 to 15,
and the OP sees the sun as if one hour late. . .

Blue skies.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
nope.. sorry,. my day chugged along as usual.
no stops,. breaks in time,. or even a slow down,...
same.... boring... sequence of events..in a different order of course..
so... maybe time stopped there.. but not here..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankPoster
I am staying near Geneva in Switzerland. Been here plenty of times before today. Nothing unusual apart from 6 or 7 years ago when in the middle of the night there was consistently a barely perceptible low frequency hum, for at least 6 months, and definitely not related to the electrics or equipment in the house or area I was living in. I could not figure out what the low hum was, but eventually I speculated that it might be CERN. It's main circular tunnel is about 8-10 km away and I assumed they must be drilling a new tunnel not reported then, nor since, and coming somewhere nearby towards the lake Geneva. Anyway, that's been out of my brain for years.

Late this afternoon I got back from one of my clients early and so I managed to get out for a bike ride for an hour or so and enjoy the spring weather. Got back to the house where I am currently staying, and have been here many time before, so very familiar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,experienced. Any other similar occurrences out there? Any explanations?

edit on 23-5-2012 by FrankPoster because: typo
singing clay

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join