It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon, CIA, White House opened up to Hollywood on bin Laden ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pentagon, CIA, White House opened up to Hollywood on bin Laden raid

16 hours ago... dangers posed by leaks about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, top officials at both agencies and at the White House granted Hollywood filmmakers unusual access to ... they used to do it, newly released government records show . ... the public and the press the same name DoD gave the filmmakers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: freakin links

edit on 5/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: ditto

edit on 23-5-2012 by Maxmars because: fixed link

edit on 23-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There was a thread back in 2011 August it was quite interesting. I found it when I did a search to make sure I was not doing a duplicate post.
I wish I had time to read the entire thread as it sorta prophesied this news right here.
What a bunch of crap wanting to burry the guy so fast as to not piss off his people.
Make a gory MOVIE instead??
Wow ATS do you have your popcorn ready?
Cheers ljb

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've always thought it was the other way around. I figured hollywood gave Obama the story and they ran with it.

I didn't think people would believe the whole throwing him in the ocean bit, but people will believe anything.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've always thought it was the other way around. I figured hollywood gave Obama the story and they ran with it.

I didn't think people would believe the whole throwing him in the ocean bit, but people will believe anything.

Hi may,
Thanks for your thoughts. I will have to ask a mod or you AWESOME members for a hand with the link. Action movies died with John Wayne and Regan LOL
cheers ljb

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Unfortunately Hollywood will never get my money anymore and i still fairly believe bin laden died years ago due to health reasons.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Unfortunately Hollywood will never get my money anymore and i still fairly believe bin laden died years ago due to health reasons.

Hi agent,
Hate to admit it but they haven't garnered a dime from me since Stalone and Cliff Hanger. To much cartoon and computer gen.lol
Cheers ljb

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I've been saying this for awhile now, Hollywood is out of ideas, or the other. Which is the TPTB using this as a propaganda tool. Either way it's prolly crap.

Interesting thread though OP.

-SAP-

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I've been saying this for awhile now, Hollywood is out of ideas, or the other. Which is the TPTB using this as a propaganda tool. Either way it's prolly crap.

Interesting thread though OP.

-SAP-

Hi slo,
There has always been sort of a prophetic inclination from novels and early films to reality.
Your perspective is interesting.
The Apollo 11 movie is my favorite, lol
cheers ljb

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Interesting that this information has been released now when this is going through the legislative branch right now...

Lifting the ban on state propaganda?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806
Interesting that this information has been released now when this is going through the legislative branch right now...

Lifting the ban on state propaganda?

Hi their,

Pravda THEN

Komsomolskaya Pravda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsomolskaya_Pravda - Similarto Komsomolskaya Pravda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Komsomolskaya Pravda (Russian: Комсомо́льская пра́вда; lit. "Komsomol Truth" ) is a daily Russian tabloid newspaper, founded on March 13, 1925.

Pravda NOW

Pravda asks: What happened to American media? - Political ...
conservativepoliticalforum.com/political-discussion-and-debate/pravda-asks-...

Mar 10, 2012 ... It's a twist of irony: The Russian news website Pravda has published an accusation that the American media is “tame,” afraid to publish news ...

Oh yeah ljb
edit on 5/23/2012 by longjohnbritches because: then and now

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I don't understand why you posted that....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806

I don't understand why you posted that....

If you are young then you may not know.
Do you understand why you posted the PROPAGANDA link?

Try this

Lenin: Directives on the Film Business
www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1922/jan/17.htm - Similarto Lenin: Directives on the Film Business

Printed from the notes of N. P. Gorbunov (typewritten copy). Source: Lenin Collected Works, Progress Publishers, 1971, Moscow, Volume 42, pages 388b- 389a.

The People’s Commissariat for Education should organise the supervision of all film showings and systematise this business. All films shown in the R.S.F.S.R. should be registered and numbered at the Commissariat for Education. A definite proportion should be fixed for every film-showing programme:

a) entertainment films, specially for advertisement or income (of course, without obscenity and counter-revolution) and

b) under the heading “From the life of peoples of all countries”—pictures with a special propaganda message, such as: Britain’s colonial policy in India, the work of the League of Nations, the starving Berliners, etc., etc. Besides films, photographs of propaganda interest should be shown with appropriate subtitles. The privately owned cinemas should be made to yield a sufficient return to the state in the form of rent, the owners to be allowed to increase the number of films and present new ones subject to censor ship by the Commissariat for Education and provided the proper proportion is maintained between entertainment films and propaganda films coming under the heading of films “From the life of peoples of all countries”, in order that film-makers should have an incentive for producing new pictures. They should be allowed wide initiative within these limits. Pictures of a propaganda and educative nature should be checked by old Marxists and writers, to avoid a repetition of the many sad instances when propaganda with us defeated its own purpose. Special attention should be given to organising film showings in the villages and in the East, where they are novelties and where our propaganda, therefore, will be all the more effective.[1]

top topics

join