It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"god" the dictator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
im putting this here because i believe it to be more of psychology in it then religion.

Hi.
Been thinking a lot of god lately. And the big one, is he or is he not.
Ive come to the realization that there aint no god, and there never will be one.

First of all, I have been an atheist all my life and I have always had an great interest in our history, our start so to speak.
And now there is all this quantum physics and stuff wich to my understanding points toward some kind of creation, im perfectly fine with that. What really bothers me is the so called word of god in the bible. All it ever does is telling of how great god is, and that he should be feared, and so on.
If there was a god, I hardly think it would be nessecary for one almighty being to behave like a dictator, thow shall have no other gods before me. Because if you do you will be punished with all sorts of cruelity.
That concept is one that people in power that are afraid of loosing the power utilize.
And one being as powerful and “good” as the bearded dude in the bible would not have to be afraid of loosing the power. If it was true that is.
If however the concept of god was created by someone who wasent all that as a means to try and keep the people in line, then it would make much more sence to me.

Now, if I know ats as well as I think I do, it wont be long till someone with the “true” faith comes crashing down here in this thread with som genious explanation to as to why good behaves like one cruel powerhungry dictator, but in all seriousness, ther aint never one single valid reason to behave like the god in the bible does, exept perhaps mentally illness.
Now bash away.
what i would really like to do is to have "god" in the bible psychologically profiled
jimmy

oh,and il bet that i aint the first one to say something like this here on ats, but i still needed to get it of my chest

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There was no god, especially not the god of the bible.. but there will be a god, i believe in a god of becoming, not a god of being.. it is inevitable that we as a species will become gods. Everything can be explained by one simple equation, R>=0.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jisujaaljo

Do you believe in absolutes?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wann see God? Look in the Mirror

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Atheists reject the type of God worshiped by Christians, Muslims and Jews: the God of Being. They are right to do so. He is an anti-God, a false God, a God of delusion and lies. This God is no God at all. There is only one True God – the God of Becoming.
Many atheists consider Darwin's theory of evolution the proof that God does not exist. On the contrary, it is the basis of God's existence. Millions of years from now people will be as different from us as we are from amoeba.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

I believe in the Evolution..but i dont understand what Evolution has to do with the creater of the Universe or everything...iam mean the Universe was not made by the evolution ^^

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

The universe did not have a creator, rather it is the creator. Any atheist who accepts Darwin's theory of evolution can accept the existence of the God of Becoming because God is nothing other than the final outcome of that process. He is underpinned by science, not faith. The God of Becoming is entirely different from the God of Being. He did not precede the universe. The universe precedes all things.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly. I don't believe that any god that has to threaten in order to have people follow him and appears to be a jealous god is the entity I want to follow. Same threats the gov't, police, and TPTB have to use in order for us to be submissive. If it wasn't for the threats would anyone follow? Kind of low self esteem. He seems quite limited as well. How do you explain the rest of the universe and its goings on its like me ruling over all of America but only concerning myself with 1 city. Yet most everything in the bible is based on this world. Too big a place/universe for us to arrogantly feel like he's just concerned with the human story.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

where does the Protons and Electrons come from?...like your theorie by the way..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hello there.
Im with you there in the part where we will evolve to something much more something. But becoming gods? I se the whole concept of god as something being worshiped and in that aspect, i dont see its purpouse other than that a god has one crazy good ego to maintain. If however the end of our evoloution means that we will be allmighty and godlike, we still would not be gods, only very powerful humanoids

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
Many atheists consider Darwin's theory of evolution the proof that God does not exist.
I'm an atheist, and I don't think that evolution disproves the possibility that some god may exist. Some may think it disproves the Christian god though.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

this world around you, would no exist without you..its all inyourself. dont forget that..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I do in some cases. Like math, for example. 1+1 Will always be 2.

If were talking human behavior, then the answer would be no. Now lay out the trap i suspect My answer led me to

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Haha. Yeah. Like hybris would get me anywhere

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235

this world around you, would no exist without you..its all inyourself. dont forget that..

Care to elaborate? Since the first humans there have been billions that have lived and died, and the world around them is still here. This universe will still be here when man becomes extinct.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Very good question.. Everything can be explained by the equation R>=0. This comes from Einstein's black hole theory. R>0 is every dimensional object in the universe.. The one thing no physicist has ever contemplated is this: there is no flaw whatsoever. The reason why physics seems to disintegrate at r = 0 is for the extremely simple reason that r = 0 is not in the physical universe. It is in the mental universe, the universe of mind. "Why is there something rather than nothing?" the state of nothingness is impossible. It is not even definable.
What the universe unquestionably contains, and has always contained, is the prerequisites for thoughts, for thinking. Even if billions of years ago there wasn't a single living thing in existence in the universe, what that primordial universe certainly contained was the potential to make intelligent thinking an actuality at some point in the future.If you want an equation for everything, you could choose r >= 0 because that encapsulates the true dual nature of reality; physical and mental.
There is a black hole at the centre of every galaxy. At the centre of ours is one that is four million times more massive than our sun. Such black holes are called supermassive. They are essential for galaxy formation, and hence for life itself.
Black holes shape the evolution of the universe. They are everywhere in the universe, millions upon millions of them, and in every place where they occur Einstein's equations catastrophically break down (as far as physicists are concerned).
Black holes are real objects in outer space that lie beyond current scientific understanding. A new theory beyond Einstein is required. It is that of the r = 0 universe, the "within" of things, the inner aspect, the dimensionless reality that science chooses to ignore even though their equations point directly to it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I do have to say. I agree. I also dont believe in god, but at the same time in not so sure of darwins theorys either. I do believe in evoloution but im not sure that Darwin had all right.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cashvillian

Absoloutly.
And with those traits he show off in the bible, i guess it aint to far fetshed that if he created all of the universe, he would also brag about that in the bible

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jisujaaljo
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I do in some cases. Like math, for example. 1+1 Will always be 2.

If were talking human behavior, then the answer would be no. Now lay out the trap i suspect My answer led me to

On Monday, 1 human is locked in a house for a year. On Tuesday, 1 more human is locked in the house for 364 days. On the day they are released, how many humans come out of the house?

1 human + 1 human = FOUR humans. The original humans were pregnant.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here is a great video breaking down what celestial.... is talking about. Basically this is what the illuminati(if there is such a thing) have been practicing... very intertesting stuff...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join