It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be anything what would you be?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ialyxxiieee

coool!! so what you are was billions of years in the making... you are completely original,,, what you are is what every atom in the universe is not and can never be... and you are completely yours.... enjoy and take care!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

nice..... what would that force be?.

Love? Truth? I feel that we should all notice each others similarities just as much we do our differences. That would be a nice start.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

nice..... what would that force be?.

Love? Truth? I feel that we should all notice each others similarities just as much we do our differences. That would be a nice start.

yes i completely agree,,, but its from that very point of..,.,., ok we are all human,, all the same species..... this one does this, and this one does this, and this one looks like this,,,,,, we judge and label abilities, and traits, and characteristics, and theres so many of us, and everyone must eat everyday, and we must find a mate to reproduce, and the clocks always ticking, everyday anew.. we have created so much order,, we know so much, we can control so much,,, but look at the split in just one country alone.... just one town,,, in every town there is a diverse group of people with differing views,,, i do believe there is a way to get everyone on the same page,, but whos page will that be? and how is that done without promoting mediocrity, conformity, squashing freedom and creativity, identity and personal responsibility?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

but whos page will that be? and how is that done without promoting mediocrity, conformity, squashing freedom and creativity, identity and personal responsibility?

The page of Earthlings as one tribe, and unfortunately the only path to get there seems to be either a catastrophe(problem, action, solution paradigm) or a one world gov. The OWG idea is okay with me if there is transparency and trust. Besides the human condition, there are so many other factors that shape our actions and perspectives, like profits, culture, religion and media, all with their own agenda at times.

spec

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by jiggerj

the game idea is very cool!!!! so what makes something real?, is if nothing intended for it to transpire? if a god did not create the universe, then its just some very "real" scramble ( very much like the concept of a game,,,, we wouldnt have the concept and prerequisite information for "game" unless we had this existence) the fact that it may not be aware, or in control, it makes it real,, which means more "serious"?

any way i like your idea of game,,,,, infinite amount of types and styles of games,, maybe 3 d holographic games with the best graphics so its as if its real,, what would be your method of coming up with original scenarios and situation to take part in,,, would you change characters? would you ever want to try being a lady one go?

I'm not that creative. I'm thinking of a program where you go back in time and do something (like save President Kennedy from being assassinated). Then the program shows you where history has been altered from the time of Kennedy to the present. Now you have to pop in here and there to try to figure out how to adjust people and events so that today's world comes out exactly as it is today.
edit on 5/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Not actually stopping the Kennedy assasination, that would alter history far too greatly, but to have a camera, and be at Dealy plaza in Dallas the day of the assasination. Take as many photos of the grassy knoll fenceline area, hoping to capture on film another assasin or two, and also photographing the window area where Oswald was supposed to be. Then, thirty or forty years later send an anonymous letter to lets say the Washington Post, with these photos...Just my imagination wandering a bit

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
oh this one is simple.
I would be the guy that slays the new world order.
I would be made of the same stuff as I am today.
I would be located in the same place as I am today.
I would do (and am) everything in my power to derail their plans.
To destroy the clique that induces suffering and will bring about hell on earth.
Sure, because afterwards this world would have a 2nd chance at achieving it's greatest potential. I could live with that.
nope, as I am currently engaged I love the hand that I've been dealt.
Just my fiancee and other human beings that have a renewed sense of what liberty is all about. And I would prefer it if everybody were their own FREE entity, free to do whatever they will so long as they do not victimize others.
I would make an abode for myself and my fiancee, everybody else can make their own home elsewhere.
I would only take what I need and only would work for myself unless it were of my own volition to work to improve the human condition. That home would be made out of hempcrete. It would make it's own clean water, and it would clean output wastes and it would generate free energy exploiting the casimir effect to create oscillation within nanoscale components which mechanically create photon liberation from the vacuum and then can harvest the energy.
I would let my neighbors establish such concepts but make it law that there is no need to regulate all for the mistakes of the few. knowledge would be readily available via the internet and would be entirely geared towards making individuals self-sustaining and to improve the ability for the individual to expand their own domain.
Voluntary consent and freedom of speech are the pinnacles of my desired system.
Worth is eventually phased out as we learn how to get the most out of whatever we got by using the free energy to structure our environment while maintaining as much balance as possible.
Homes would be designed to be self-contained systems. People contribute what they want I merely would like to see that every individual has the ability to quickly fabricate their niche in this world and then decide themselves what to do with their time. The meaningful purpose is to have a life and not have it robbed away by other people. Charity is something people do on their own.
People realize after they enter this new system that they are more free and can work for themselves for a change, get established, and then when it's time to pay society back it is less riding of one's back and more of a gratifying contribution to society.

Want proof? Good luck finding it. We've never had the technology to do this until today, and yet, we have not been free from the yoke of the micromanagers for over a hundred years.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Simple, I would be the white bunny from Monty Python's Holy Grail!
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would be a highly advanced alien..

My purpose would be to help populated/ create habital planets with civilizations all across the universe.

Spaceships would be brought everyday and flew everyday just like we do with cars today.

If one world was going to end, simply space travel to another ...

No jobs needed, what ever you needed, simply make it yourself by a special machine

Teleport to other countries.

I would feel like even nothing is impossible..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would be what self chooses me to be..... Being me as I appear today. This form was chosen for the purpose it is fulfilling, If I wished to be anything else this form comes equipped with a fully functioning Imagination and the ability to dream.
The people around me and my surroundings suit the above, enhancements to the experience of living.
Choices, Morality and all it entails are the parameters set by the creator(your true self).
Would I stay in this form for eternity?..... Yes if it meant living with my soulmate forever.

The poetic version and something I have experienced would be a Dragon made from pure energy, a brilliant light blue.

edit on 24-5-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am not overly religious, but I do have respect for the ultimate creation of the universe and everything in it. I can not believe I would ever be able to construct anything more incredible than the human brain, or the construct in which my current reality plays out.

So, I suppose if I could just be myself I would be happy....

I might add 'pause', 'rewind', 'fast-forward', 'record', and 'slow-motion' buttons that only I can use... and maybe I could also make a '0 gravity' button too. I guess, while I am at it, I would make everything the way it is now, with those features listed above and the ability to change anything at all I want, at will -

This short evolution of my thought process has revealed a desire I was previously unaware of and what many before me have also desired.

If it were possible, it seems I would want to be in my current human form, with all the abilities of the ultimate creator, known by some as God.

I want to be God?

I guess that is what I am describing, to be God or God's equal...

On second thought, that seems like a whole lot of responsibility, too much for me... Just go ahead and make me a Stone too.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Exactly who and where I am today. My experience and skill set are perfectly suited for where I am right now and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Otherwise, I'd be outside of my comfort zone and my reality wouldn't turn out the way I'd want it to...and that goes for every one of you as well. :-) Philosophy 101.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

i see... so basically the best thing would be to have whatever you want done to be done when you want it... that is a powerful power,, imagine if everyone was granted that,, how much more conflicting and chaotic things would be,, every microsecond the whole of reality would be switching depending on the wishes of a single soul..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

very cool.... maybe the human race will fulfill this job description some day,,,, then imagine that,,, different planets of humans, all growing their own history, cultures, customs, arts, technologies, philosophies, languages, purpose, lots of families, lots of love,

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would be me but have the ability to travel through time and manifest at will to experience every era of any civizilation at any point of time anywhere in the universe.

I have no need to channge things and control everything like most of you seem to desire, if you had everything the way you desied itd be great at first but the "true happiness" vibe would probably wear off long before a fraction of "eternity".

Essentially in your world if you were all controlling and all knowing, there would be no free will, and everything would go as you had already forseen and nothing would suprise you, you would have what you wanted and wanted what you had! Maybe our entire universe IS just a creation of god, and we were made purposely with free will and emotions....Gods big reality show of sorts

edit on 24-5-2012 by Philosoulpher because: added thought

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

A Beautiful Grey Wolf that could change back into human form by just thought or command! All the powers of the Earth would be nice! Earth, Air, Fire, Water.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

oh yes, it would be... perhaps it already is, but it happens so fast we can never tell when our wishes are being granted and when they are being covered by the wishes of someone else...

I think the key would be having this ability, while everyone else remains mortal humans, trapped by the current laws of the Universe and completely oblivous to your powers over them and all of nature. Even if they did figure you out, you could always give them the MIB brain wipe.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philosoulpher
I would be me but have the ability to travel through time and manifest at will to experience every era of any civizilation at any point of time anywhere in the universe.

I have no need to channge things and control everything like most of you seem to desire, if you had everything the way you desied itd be great at first but the "true happiness" vibe would probably wear off long before a fraction of "eternity".

Essentially in your world if you were all controlling and all knowing, there would be no free will, and everything would go as you had already forseen and nothing would suprise you, you would have what you wanted and wanted what you had! Maybe our entire universe IS just a creation of god, and we were made purposely with free will and emotions....Gods big reality show of sorts

great outlook and points!! it seems like there is a joy in doing something that is difficult to achieve and takes time,,,, its rewarding,,,, a blank canvas and a year later a painted masterpiece,,, what would be the point if you could snap your fingers and have in front of you every color and shape that could be on infinite different canvases,, the background story and time and the ability to impress another with your creativity makes being creative worthwhile,,,and triumphant.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by Philosoulpher

great outlook and points!! it seems like there is a joy in doing something that is difficult to achieve and takes time,,,, its rewarding,,,, a blank canvas and a year later a painted masterpiece,,, what would be the point if you could snap your fingers and have in front of you every color and shape that could be on infinite different canvases,, the background story and time and the ability to impress another with your creativity makes being creative worthwhile,,,and triumphant.

My thoughts exactly, "It's lonely at the top". Should the things that are truly worth while in experience be attained so easily? And if they were they would not be so desired in the first place would they?

We all don't realize, being human IS divine in its own right, we all face struggles and most of the time we surpass them, it may not be overnight but we do, and we feel great and fulfilled in those small moments of victory, you are who you desire to be but you must work for it to be truly desired.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would sooooo be Batman, beating up bad guys, bringing down criminal empire's, the use of awesome gadgets. And of course saving the babe in destress from a mugger

Honestly this was the first thing that popped in my head. As for the being alone aspect of the OP, well there are two sides to batman, Bruce, and "batman", Bruce has millions so he could probally get any chick he want's. As long as he doesn't tell her, he's batman, then its all good. S+F Never really thought about this, or atleast in a long time seen how being older and what not.

Cheers

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosoulpher

at the same time there is an infinite gradient of things to strive to accomplish... a mouse may be satisfied at successfully nabbing a piece of cheese and fitting it through its hole in the wall..... a man may work hard to create a computer, which includes the complex process of mining the parts, and knowing the parts, lol idk much about how computers are made but its a much more difficult task... im talkin about of mice and men... but what about something that is far more advanced then man,,, if everything could be down by thought and a snap of the fingers,, there must be levels far past what they can easily accomplish, and still be challenged by pushing their limits toward discovery, novelty and progression.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join