It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be anything what would you be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

you really wouldnt mind being anything???

can it be that there are much better things to be then a human,, and much worse...... in terms of what a human can do, and feel.....the level of intelligence and sophistication, wouldnt it be much more desirable to be an intelligent creature with control and power, and options..... then a rat or ant?

and about being a supermassive black hole..... maybe that can come after your many different lives,, and then you can just spend a long time releasing your pent up frustrations and angers, ripping everything that comes near you to shreds?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
Megan Fox's vibrator. I know it's shallow and silly, but you asked.

it is silly,,, you could have said her boyfriend

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by ImaFungi

If I could be anything what would I be?

Sometimes I say I'd like to live the rest of my life recording the past as a time traveler.

Other times I wish this life was just a temporary place we go and that after we die we enter a continuum and rediscover that we in fact did not die and that this life is a virtual reality. Then maybe we find out that we're members of a very advanced and old civilization. The reason this civilization enters this artificial reality is because it has hit the limits of its universe and now has nothing new to learn that's significant and growth is limited by the rights of other intelligent lifeforms. Their answer was to create an artificial reality program and to temporarily wipe their memories clean and to enter this virtual reality to recapture the excitement of growth and mystery missing from their real lives.

Bottom line, I wish we weren't all just as we appear to be. We appear to be lifeforms stuck in a perpetual cycle of living and dying that exist solely to evolve their own dna. We're as ants or bacteria or worms or viruses or any organism that reproduces and evolves with time to adapt to changing circumstances. Individuals do not retain their memories, they just come and go. We're here for no other reason than to propogate our dna. It's the only thing that survives. All of the social constructs and arts and the various things we create to enrich our experience are merely cosmetic. When you pull away the exterior varnish what you find is a collection of organisms that come and go just as any other collection of organisms. We have fancier clothes than ants, but our nature is the same.

So we're ants basically. Or bugs. Or bacteria. Anything, really.

And that's what bothers me. We're just dust in the changing winds of time that swirls round and round and forms different kinds of shapes over different periods of time. Our meaning is purely subjective. When you see a face in the clouds, that's what life is like. We're transitory patterns in the energy field. Like when raindrops hit a window and form rivers and lakes and different shapes on its surface. We're patterns that come and go, that flicker and go out and never cease to change.

I believe there cannot be a god because god would not accept this universe as it's. Even if we accepted to enter into this universe from a previous life and will live again after we die, we still would have to be perverse of mind to inject unknowing lifeforms (ourselves) into this experience. This universe is filled with mayhem and the apparent ease with which some of us live is an illusion just as the emperors clothes make him appear to be more than he is. This life is, in fact, a gauntlet of death and destruction that nobody survives. I can understand why a old civilization might live in these virtual realities, but that doesn't also mean I cannot blame them or put shame on them.

I believe there's no god. I also believe there's no afterlife. We're as we appear to be.

A fluke of nature that pitifully perpetuates itself, vainly reaching for significance, all the while living and dying and forever remembering and forgetting. Nonetheless, I can only decide for myself what this means. I cannot dictate unto another what they're to do with this information.

I do not want to die. I'm not suicidal. But death is not as bad as we deem it to be. If death is emptiness then life is darkness. Or vice versa. Since meaning is subjective...
edit on 24-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

wow, very nice reply,, those 2 points you very elegantly brought up,,, we either exist in some form after we die, or we do not......... I have had similar thoughts of the advanced civilization thing,,, I thought how scary it would be to awake as something else when we die here,, being that all weve ever known is our earthly existence and dimensions and forms and so on,,,, to awake in a completely foreign realm away from everything youve ever known including yourself, would be a mouthful to chew...... if we are not aware of our identity after death, then this is all we get,, and i still cant much complain,, for when i was born this life was given to me,,, i dont create the earth, or water, but i am given the opportunity to be a guest, and made to really feel at home,, even to love and desiree to be here and be myself,,,, opportunities to accomplish, and things to know, that would have been impossible unless i was sparked into existence,,,, even if that spark is eternally extinguished,, at least it happened,, and what happened is something amazing beyond words.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
An immortal being, omnipotent and benevolent King. Not God, nor in competition with God, but a steward of a Galaxy and supreme being therein. I would desire Kristin Kreuk to be my other half or Queen, and the power of bestowing immortality to whom I chose. I would desire an afterlife for those in my domain much like the Kingdom of our God.
And the ability to fly through space and traverse Time. And have the infinite knowledge of all the ages. I would use all this for good, and instill love and harmony in all my subjects, only Kristin would have powers similar to my own.
All of this on a new and beautiful planet of my own, one like when our world was young and pristine.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I'd like to be a super hero with unlimited powers. But not for selfish reasons.

It breaks my heart, frustrates me, and makes me feel so helpless when I hear of tales of abuse, cruelty, injustice, and violence. It would be nice to right the wrongs and fight evil.

Ranging from the smaller things: Like the man who had his money confiscated by the police. I would transport into their station, grab his money, and return it to him. To the moderate things: Traveling back in time and stopping a murder that was about to happen. To the very large events: Ending the reigns of dictators and corrupt governments that oppress and abuse the people.

this also sounds like the ideology and tale of the angel.... employee of the righteous god,, crusader of good... you would give up your personal time and freedom to be a catalyst for positive reactions,,,

however,, this made me think of yin and yang.... and maybe the futility or impossibility of having everything right, good and perfect,,, moment to moment,,, its easy for things, and little things to slip and slide into negativity... how will you ever know you have arrived at perfection in terms of no abuse, cruelty, injustice, violence,, in a constantly changing a cycling reality,, you would need to constantly keep that stuff in check...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A dog in my home.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

thats a good one........ if you were god, and instilled harmony, kindness, peace, good will, into your subjects and people,, and lived by this code yourself,,,,if perfection is possible and you believed your self to be of it,,, for those good traits are perfect and best..... what would happen if you did perform something evil or become angry( stubbed your toe) would that mean much or "do things happen" sometimes,,,,, is it impossible to be that perfect at all times, or is it worth anything or does it mean anything....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a magical cat.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

thats nice... would you have loftier intentions then catching mice at a distance?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i want to be a strap on dildo

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

why not just continue being a Di*k........ just kidding.... but seriously..... I guess you just have some fantasies of being really close to the action, yet with no control over yourself or the situation,, being used by women,,, interesting

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I Want To Be A Tree

2nd

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

thats nice... would you have loftier intentions then catching mice at a distance?

YES. i would become a traveling cat, conjuring food for hobos, saving smuggled children, catching theifs, rescuing people from fires... all that good adventurous stuff..

then one day i'd meet a witch in the woods of N.Yorkshire, England and she would be all like, WAH YOURE WASTING MAGIC WAH YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE MAGIC THAT WAY WAH WAH YOU DONT DESERVE THAT POWER.

edit on 24-5-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

in all honesty its a very hard question to give an exact response to,
as there would be many things that i would come back as.
i.e a cure for all , i mean everything that would be cool
and then theres the answer to peace

sorry i was a bit silly earlier

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Deep questions....

If you could be anything what would you be?

what would you be composed of?

where would you be located?

what would you be able to do?

Well, for all of the above, it would help to use a reference. Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen. Simple as that. Though, I wouldn't make myself glowing, blue, naked, or weird looking. Instead, I'd probably look like some kind of hunky actor type.

what would be your objective/purpose for existing?

Experiencing life, waiting to be surprised.

would you be satisfied existing as this creation of yours forever?

I think so, if not, I could simply dissolve myself.

would you desiree to be alone?( alone forever?)

No.

if not,, what would your company consist of? what would be their forms and functions and would they be their own entities, or a figment of your creation like the personal world of your dreams and the scenarios and pseudo people you encounter within them?

I'd prefer them to be different people, their own person, to better surprise me.

If you would make an abode for your spirit and company how large would it be and what would be its purpose? what would be some long term goals ( long term = eons of eternal infinities) of your creation? and how would you keep it in check ( keep things from going out of hand, breaking down, failing, errors in the processing of whatever material you make your creation out of)

Again, just endless experiences. So, as large as infinity.

how would you establish concepts or morals, or absolutes, or truth, or knowledge,, what would these things mean and how would they be known to exist objectively and timelessly?

Morals and such concepts would be meaningless to me.

how can value or worth be objectively justified between parts or pieces of your creation? is it possible to judge and grade between parts, companions, granules, concepts,., and have those judgements mean anything?

They mean only as much as they'd mean to me at the time...it's a fleeting thing.

is meaningful judgement only possible if meaning/purpose is pre established or absolute and eternally existing?

No need for judgement if existing in such a state. Such judgement is for lesser beings.

or is meaning/ purpose that is spontaneously realized, noticed, and felt.... real and relevant,, and immediate proof of the possibility of meaning and purpose existing as a concept and an active construct?

Now you've got it. To such a being, all that would matter is personal amusement. If you've never read it, or seen the film, I'd recommend the Watchmen, as the Dr. Manhattan character is pretty much exactly what you're describing here.

I loved this quote by him..."The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than the world's smartest insect...."

edit on 24-5-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A deity that could do anything he wanted to and create anything he wanted to out of thin air and know everything there was to know about science and be fluent in every single human language, past and present, in the world.

A fella can dream, can't they?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

in all honesty its a very hard question to give an exact response to,
as there would be many things that i would come back as.
i.e a cure for all , i mean everything that would be cool
and then theres the answer to peace

sorry i was a bit silly earlier

No need to be sorry, especially for bein silly.....

I know its a very hard question, thats why i thought of it and asked it,,,, we are given what we are to be,, we make our lives for ourselves,, but we did not choose anything about our make,model, or substance we are composed of...... I was attempting to question the possibilities of what awareness could be and do, is the way the universe is the only way the best way? is the concept of energy default and the only way to get activity and things to "work"?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A zombie hunter!!!!!!

Too many zombies running around these days!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

thanks for the replies!

""would you be satisfied existing as this creation of yours forever?""

you said: I think so, if not, I could simply dissolve myself.

this is a point i wanted to come across...... if you could think of the best thing to be, yet you would not want to be this thing forever,, does that mean there is something better to be? or is there a second best you would rather be? and in that moment of choice to kill yourself and become your next choice,, would that next choice not be the best thing youd want to be?

you said: Morals and such concepts would be meaningless to me.

why is that? you said you would want to share your experience of life with others,,, you know these others feel and experience similar to you,,, would you not care for them? would you gain satisfaction if 2 of your buddies quarreled to the death, or just indifference? no difference between a world of chaotic hell and one where the beings are cooperating to create something they couldnt have otherwise?

I have seen the movie the watchmen...... a friend recently recommended i read the graphic novel ( they said its better then the movie and one of the best books they have ever read) have you read it? if i remember correctly dr. manhattan seems to care for the safety of the world, and has some emotionally soft spots for certain people and humans in general?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

can you define this zombie,,, your saying if you could do anything, youd want to kill other people? ( at least the people that dont live in a way approved by yourself?)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join