It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be anything what would you be?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I would like to be free

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

A Super Massive Black Hole

ANYTHING

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Megan Fox's vibrator. I know it's shallow and silly, but you asked.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
I'd like to be Kate Upton's showerhead.

i have just seen the pics on my sky
and i have never wanted to be a
pair of knickers so much in my life.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

exactly. i could spend the remainder of my life traveling from galaxy to galaxy & probably barely even scratch the surface!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Mila Jovovich's Popsicle!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Charlie Sheen

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hmm I like those giant brains from Futurama. But if I could be ANYTHING... If I had to stay in this form, I'd like to be immortal with an eidetic memory.

I'd like to be some sort of being that was formed alongside the universe, I'd know all, see all, and be all. Like a record keeper, never interfering in the affairs of other beings. If I was found by a race of juggling space monkeys we'd share a gigantic banana smoothie, and I'd show them how the universe began in an old cinema setting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If I could be anything what would I be?

Sometimes I say I'd like to live the rest of my life recording the past as a time traveler.

Other times I wish this life was just a temporary place we go and that after we die we enter a continuum and rediscover that we in fact did not die and that this life is a virtual reality. Then maybe we find out that we're members of a very advanced and old civilization. The reason this civilization enters this artificial reality is because it has hit the limits of its universe and now has nothing new to learn that's significant and growth is limited by the rights of other intelligent lifeforms. Their answer was to create an artificial reality program and to temporarily wipe their memories clean and to enter this virtual reality to recapture the excitement of growth and mystery missing from their real lives.

Bottom line, I wish we weren't all just as we appear to be. We appear to be lifeforms stuck in a perpetual cycle of living and dying that exist solely to evolve their own dna. We're as ants or bacteria or worms or viruses or any organism that reproduces and evolves with time to adapt to changing circumstances. Individuals do not retain their memories, they just come and go. We're here for no other reason than to propogate our dna. It's the only thing that survives. All of the social constructs and arts and the various things we create to enrich our experience are merely cosmetic. When you pull away the exterior varnish what you find is a collection of organisms that come and go just as any other collection of organisms. We have fancier clothes than ants, but our nature is the same.

So we're ants basically. Or bugs. Or bacteria. Anything, really.

And that's what bothers me. We're just dust in the changing winds of time that swirls round and round and forms different kinds of shapes over different periods of time. Our meaning is purely subjective. When you see a face in the clouds, that's what life is like. We're transitory patterns in the energy field. Like when raindrops hit a window and form rivers and lakes and different shapes on its surface. We're patterns that come and go, that flicker and go out and never cease to change.

I believe there cannot be a god because god would not accept this universe as it's. Even if we accepted to enter into this universe from a previous life and will live again after we die, we still would have to be perverse of mind to inject unknowing lifeforms (ourselves) into this experience. This universe is filled with mayhem and the apparent ease with which some of us live is an illusion just as the emperors clothes make him appear to be more than he is. This life is, in fact, a gauntlet of death and destruction that nobody survives. I can understand why a old civilization might live in these virtual realities, but that doesn't also mean I cannot blame them or put shame on them.

I believe there's no god. I also believe there's no afterlife. We're as we appear to be.

A fluke of nature that pitifully perpetuates itself, vainly reaching for significance, all the while living and dying and forever remembering and forgetting. Nonetheless, I can only decide for myself what this means. I cannot dictate unto another what they're to do with this information.

I do not want to die. I'm not suicidal. But death is not as bad as we deem it to be. If death is emptiness then life is darkness. Or vice versa. Since meaning is subjective...
edit on 24-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bridge_Boy
reply to post by imagineering

Charlie Sheen

What they an Item? Sad if so!

edit on 24-5-2012 by imagineering because: Format error

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I would be a god of my own universe, and be able to affect other universes as well..... A master god

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just a well loved sleepy fat cat.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Reborn again with all the information i have in my brain today. I like being me and i do not want to be immortal or wish to be something else. I would ask for happiness but i already have it

edit on 24-5-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Engafan

Sounds like an Angel.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'd like to be a super hero with unlimited powers. But not for selfish reasons.

It breaks my heart, frustrates me, and makes me feel so helpless when I hear of tales of abuse, cruelty, injustice, and violence. It would be nice to right the wrongs and fight evil.

Ranging from the smaller things: Like the man who had his money confiscated by the police. I would transport into their station, grab his money, and return it to him. To the moderate things: Traveling back in time and stopping a murder that was about to happen. To the very large events: Ending the reigns of dictators and corrupt governments that oppress and abuse the people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The purpose is exactly for the living to use magic responsibly. To be united and make use of it for good. Yes I would be flowing through everything so in a way I would live among them, sort of the way that divinity lives in us now.

very sweet,,,, sounds like a perfect way to experience a self,, in peace with others, with good times, and purpose, friends and family, things to become interested in,,, im assuming with magic there would be no problem with people going hungry, you can either easily make food grow, or figure away to fill yourself with energy(idk),, so im wondering, if you could exist, in a world similar to ours but with magic ( and dragons) what do you think the people would spend their time doing? if you think about it,, humans have numerous crafts, and arts, and forms of entertainment,,, cultures, and mastery of certain skills,, im wondering what a culture who pretty much had know worries and advanced powers crave to do and acomplish?

Magic sports and contests there'd still definately be music and art and dancing, and movies and theatres and books... dragon training (sort of like horse training) dragon races, dragon shows (Like the horses jumping obstacles etc). Broom riding races? That sounds fun. There would still be teachers to teach the proper uses of magic plus math and reading and stuff like that. Religion would most likely be there to distract some. There's lots to do.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I want to be Sharon Stone's bicycle saddle.

It's not much to ask, is it? :>)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'd like to have enough clout to ensure that Ron Paul becomes the nominated GOP 2012 candidate, and then invent a incorruptible general election voting system, and then ensure that every week leading up to the election there is a live debate between all the major candidates with impartial moderators.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I want to be a bird :p
Because it can fly and it's free xD

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

what does that word free entail?

would you accept being a free slug? a free lunch? or a free man?

what does "being free" mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join