It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be anything what would you be?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

i think they can,,, and already have.... the modern world shows to me, that man is capable of complex tasks,, that many men/women together can do unbelievable things... the fact that there are systems, and supermarkets, and cities, and cars, and planes, and homes with furnishings, sewer systems, electricity, the internet, nuclear reactors,, the biological and chemical knowledge of scientists,, micro processing,,,

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I don,t doubt our successes, our stumbling block is our ability to destroy each other. As we have "Progressed " we have learnt even better ways of killing each other, on bigger and bigger scales, from the bone club, to the intercontinental ballistic missile, this is what I,m trying to get at.. We still want to kill each other....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

id say its a small percentage of people who desiree to kill each other..... and then people of high power who want the masses fighting each other, or want resources of a country, or to effect a countries economy, there is war......
if each human used their full intelligence and ability to communicate patiently... there would be no need for violence or killing.... noone has to... it does happen, but it might as well not...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A Duck. You can fly and float on water, people like to feed you.
(Hunter's like to shoot you, ugh
)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
dead

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I want to be the crazy lady living in the big brick house at the end of the street that everyone thinks is haunted. I want to have gardens and glass balls hanging from my trees and faces on my trees and lights in certain bushes and trees all year round... and I want a white picket fence. I want flower gardens and one garden with plants out of the cook Wicked Plants in it growing like gangbusters. I want antiques in the house and weird collections of things from antique circus memorabilia to swarovski figurines... plus a shrunken head ( not real, made of goat skin and human hair.. but creepy enough.) I want a husband who indulges my eclectic collections and is as crazy as I am. I want happy kids.. one that likes Emily Strange and Tim Burton, one who is an artist and can make dolls, and one who is a pink fetish girly girl. I want a naked dog with a weird personality and a Staffie who thinks he is a lap dog.

Oh wait.. Im already what I want to be...
I love who I am and I love my life.. if I could be anything at all.. Id be exactly who and what I am right now

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i would be an intergalactic traveler.
edit on 23-5-2012 by thirdeyevision because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

ZAPPP! ! ! ! Your A Smiley Face.

All kidding aside.

Being happy for an eternity might be kinda neat, . . for a couple of years and then it will get old.

To the OP,

If I could be anything ? . . I would choose to be mortal. From a philosophical standpoint, it would mean that there is an end and a new beginning. What if there is in fact a "Here After"? That would be one hell of a Greek Tragedy to wish yourself to be a stone, or a worm, or even a showerhead god forbid, for an Eternity only to find out that all you had to do is die to go to the next level aka the "Here After ". Incidentally, in the "Here After", you can be anything you want to be, or do anything you want to do. So,. . . why not wait and achieve that by deaths design?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

If you could be anything what would you be? A thought.
what would you be composed of? Pure energy (whatever that is).
where would you be located? Inside your head.
what would you be able to do? Converse with you.
what would be your objective/purpose for existing? Influencing outcomes.
would you be satisfied existing as this creation of yours forever? Heck, no!

Fin.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If we're talking all of creation, I would want to be magic, I'd form a Universe and plant life and animals and humans just like it is now, but with Magic flowing through it...and no currencies, If the banks and currencies were invented I'd send a flood and scrap the world and start over. Still with Magic abounding and things like Dragons and fairies (but the dragons would be peaceful and not breathe fire)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I would respectfully disagree with you on this. The disposition to violence is lurking within everyone. It has been with us throughout our evolution. A part of the " Fight or flight " response we all have, and we use it, given the right provocation.
It might not be necessary now, but it is there all the same....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

true,,,, but that energy can be channeled into constructive things... when that energy is used together with fellow humans, well, people can use their energy, strength, wit, might, to accomplish difficult, or otherwise impossible tasks,,,,,,, the energy of a stadium at a football game is not that different then an army of warriors long ago..... summarized,,, people dont need to take out their killer instinct on other people..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

that does sound nice... earth alone is amazing, with all the creative creatures, semi peaceful dragons would be pretty cool as well.... magic too,,, how would you prevent people from using their magic/powers against others? or would you goal be for this worlds population to be united? would you live amongst them?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The purpose is exactly for the living to use magic responsibly. To be united and make use of it for good. Yes I would be flowing through everything so in a way I would live among them, sort of the way that divinity lives in us now.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

If you could be anything what would you be? A thought.
what would you be composed of? Pure energy (whatever that is).
where would you be located? Inside your head.
what would you be able to do? Converse with you.
what would be your objective/purpose for existing? Influencing outcomes.
would you be satisfied existing as this creation of yours forever? Heck, no!

Fin.

I read these words in my mind
and a thought made me respond to this post
hopefully this happens more often

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petriclivicus
reply to post by violence=answer

ZAPPP! ! ! ! Your A Smiley Face.

All kidding aside.

Being happy for an eternity might be kinda neat, . . for a couple of years and then it will get old.

To the OP,

If I could be anything ? . . I would choose to be mortal. From a philosophical standpoint, it would mean that there is an end and a new beginning. What if there is in fact a "Here After"? That would be one hell of a Greek Tragedy to wish yourself to be a stone, or a worm, or even a showerhead god forbid, for an Eternity only to find out that all you had to do is die to go to the next level aka the "Here After ". Incidentally, in the "Here After", you can be anything you want to be, or do anything you want to do. So,. . . why not wait and achieve that by deaths design?

I like your line of thinking... so its kind of like the cycle of reincarnation is a big lottery wheel, what i was kind of hinting at in the op is what do you think the best thing to be is,, i guess you are answering a little bit of everything, and that is nice.... but to some people maybe of there doing or by lotteried luck they desiree to stick with a form for eternity? can there be an objective best thing to be?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The purpose is exactly for the living to use magic responsibly. To be united and make use of it for good. Yes I would be flowing through everything so in a way I would live among them, sort of the way that divinity lives in us now.

very sweet,,,, sounds like a perfect way to experience a self,, in peace with others, with good times, and purpose, friends and family, things to become interested in,,, im assuming with magic there would be no problem with people going hungry, you can either easily make food grow, or figure away to fill yourself with energy(idk),, so im wondering, if you could exist, in a world similar to ours but with magic ( and dragons) what do you think the people would spend their time doing? if you think about it,, humans have numerous crafts, and arts, and forms of entertainment,,, cultures, and mastery of certain skills,, im wondering what a culture who pretty much had know worries and advanced powers crave to do and acomplish?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyevision

thats an awesome one!!!,,, imagine, infinite galaxies, ( maybe infinite universes) think of all the trouble you can get in, in the name of adventure?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a lava person

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

The point of this thread, and what im asking you guys...... is if nothing existed..... only your awareness.... nothing has ever happened or been made....... and you are able to create whatever you want,,, and you are able to become whatever you want.... what would you create.... and what would you become?

I would want to be an apple. The fruit that opened your eyes, and condemned you to everlasting suffering, love, and hate...

The most powerful object of the human existence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join