It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be anything what would you be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I dont want to feel myself anymore

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

thats an awesome one..... so you are accepting the fact that the universe is a bit of a cosmic community,, with "intent" or purpose of life/intelligent life.... interaction, growth ( physically, mentally, spiritually, any way, everyway) relationships,,,, you think that beings having individual selves is the best thing that can happen, and for these beings to live on planets together, and figure things out,, suffer together or alone, achieve greatness together or alone etc.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
Green lantern for sure, get to explore the vast universe battle evil and just generally kick um backsides

I think that would be awesome.

definitely have to go with green lantern. As long as you can THINK about it, you can have/do/be it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

thats a nice one.... how would you rule? what would expect of your people? and would there be any long term goals of your civilization?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

how would you know you were you..... how would you know.... if you were not a consolidated "something" able to process these concepts? or you do not wish to be anything? its interesting that in order to have that wish you first would have to know what it is to be something.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
something like an immortal Emperor of a galactic civilization, to create a just and peaceful utopia where people can travel the stars for free and live the fullest lives imaginable. I would manage ways for people to eat the finest delicacies, drink the purest water, everything environmentally friendly, cohabitation with animals and nature etc...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The point of this thread, and what im asking you guys...... is if nothing existed..... only your awareness.... nothing has ever happened or been made....... and you are able to create whatever you want,,, and you are able to become whatever you want.... what would you create.... and what would you become?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I would want to be immortal, forever the age I am now, and massively powerful politically. Then I could stay around for thousands of years, fighting the PTB and improving the treatment of humanity. No more food for oil. It would be food for the people who are hungry. No more billionaires living in mansions that cost 10 million, while a child on the other side of the world hunts through a garbage dump for rotten food, cause that's all there is to eat. I would spend the rest of eternity making sure the type of scum who run the world now, would never have the chance to do so again.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
something like an immortal Emperor of a galactic civilization, to create a just and peaceful utopia where people can travel the stars for free and live the fullest lives imaginable. I would manage ways for people to eat the finest delicacies, drink the purest water, everything environmentally friendly, cohabitation with animals and nature etc...

cool!! in the model of the current universe all that willed movement takes energy,,, its is why our society is ran the way it is,, using our energy to gain goods to replenish our energy and this multiplied by the number of people in the society doing this same "working" many jobs and goods and available,, and we have culture and technological progression....... how would you care for the complete needs of ever person and every animal? somehow grant every wish they desiree "magically"?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yes, that,s it more or less, for better or worse. But as I said, maybe with the possibility of going back to " rectify " what might be mistakes...I.e. if you had had the power to enable Neanderthal man to begin the journey to become what we are today, might you think " Damn ! I misjudged that one, I need to do something about it... " ( ? )

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I would want to be immortal, forever the age I am now, and massively powerful politically. Then I could stay around for thousands of years, fighting the PTB and improving the treatment of humanity. No more food for oil. It would be food for the people who are hungry. No more billionaires living in mansions that cost 10 million, while a child on the other side of the world hunts through a garbage dump for rotten food, cause that's all there is to eat. I would spend the rest of eternity making sure the type of scum who run the world now, would never have the chance to do so again.

cool! forever is a mighty long time... you are convinced what you are is a prime thing to be,, one of the best if you would be satisfied being in your form committed to this world forever.... I commend you for your righteous aspirations.... so you would get society together and everyone would be taken care of... and the purpose of your planet and duty would be making sure every person is able to eat and be healthy? would there be any long term goals or desired achievements for technological/scientific advancement?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Yes, that,s it more or less, for better or worse. But as I said, maybe with the possibility of going back to " rectify " what might be mistakes...I.e. if you had had the power to enable Neanderthal man to begin the journey to become what we are today, might you think " Damn ! I misjudged that one, I need to do something about it... " ( ? )

so is it something about the technical capabilities of modern man that objectively sets him apart from other animal? sort of like other animals are stone wheels and wooden carts, and modern man is an ipad in a ferrari.... the wiring of man, his self driven passion and longing for perfection, and progression, is something rare and special in and of itself......... thats pretty much what its about and what i think your saying, man is a greatly different "model" Neanderthal if able to become sentient and intelligent would never be able to be as elegant and intelligent and sophisticated and novel and creative as mankind? same with cats.... because of the wiring of their brains, and their physical body, even if they did become intelligent they would still be crawling on all fours, and it would be hard to build a rocket with paws?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
questions
1st= i would be human
2nd= i would be flesh and bone
3rd= i would be born and live in england
4th= nothing is imposible.........ish!
5th= to procreate and advance for the better of the species.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by yourmaker

cool!! in the model of the current universe all that willed movement takes energy,,, its is why our society is ran the way it is,, using our energy to gain goods to replenish our energy and this multiplied by the number of people in the society doing this same "working" many jobs and goods and available,, and we have culture and technological progression....... how would you care for the complete needs of ever person and every animal? somehow grant every wish they desiree "magically"?

if the social environment changed, and people were brought up with a sense of morals mixed with a love for science, a self-creating system of happy geniuses on a mass scale would want to produce the essentials for their fellow humans and would find the way to bring everyone, everything they need.

our society has told us to get everything we don't need, and to spend, and consume more then produce.
change the environment that people are raised in and they will seek out these changes for all themselves.

the crackhead, at some point could have been an astronaut, eliminate the social validation within that environment he foudn himself in and you change the future.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

good points and agreed....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes..I think so, perhaps we have evolved too quickly, trying to run before we can walk properly, in that we,re using our technological advances mostly for the wrong reasons. However, I suspect we,re not going much further, technologically, before we destroy ourselves, one way or another, a sort of " Built in " fail safe to prevent civilisations like ours leaving this planet and possibly tainting other civilisations around the cosmos with our dark primitive, side...?

link   
reply to post by korgroland

Why would you choose to be human? if you had infinite time,,, and lets say you lived a mortal life of a human,,, after each mortal life would you choose to be a human again? what im trying to ask is do you think there can be anything greater then a human,,,, what would/could be better then being human? what would it be made of, how would it interact with its environment? what would be its purpose?

how surprising is it that this dumb universe created the best possible things to be, a human,, and all of us are one of them,,, and we cant think of anything greater to be or do?

link   
I would be an invisible, flying, immortal with super strength that could time travel.

..or a fireman

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Yes..I think so, perhaps we have evolved too quickly, trying to run before we can walk properly, in that we,re using our technological advances mostly for the wrong reasons. However, I suspect we,re not going much further, technologically, before we destroy ourselves, one way or another, a sort of " Built in " fail safe to prevent civilisations like ours leaving this planet and possibly tainting other civilisations around the cosmos with our dark primitive, side...?

but isnt it a sort of ashamed and bashful feeling to think you are not the greatest, you do not know a lot, you are not capable of doing something,,, and is it not these feelings which propel us forward into that run... if we stopped for a moment and were satisfied with our selves we would be little more then silly monkeys,,, but if we diligently and with haste evolve and learn, and attempt to advance and progress, we can view ourselves as something worthy, we can have pride, and satisfaction, we can have hope that we now are creating a better future for our collective offspring,... this isnt necessarily how i think,, but i think this is how a lot of people think in slightly different ways and slightly subconsciously,, because the world has missed the point of being able to stop and communicate and solve problems, and ask questions, and trust each other, and work together,,....

i dont think our species will destroy itself,,, i dont think you should think this either,,, it is a nice cautious thought if you are really scared they will,, perhaps you are willing to warn everyone and make sure they dont,,,, but if you are not going to do that,,, i think you may hope or wish they destroy themselves, to rub their unwarranted smugness in their ruined faces,,, theres a part of you that hopes the world doesnt go on, because eventually it will be going on without you,,, i think this is a side effect of being mortal.... i could be totally wrong,, but there is no benefit of believing the species is going to destroy itself, except making yourself look haughty and superior in that you know this and you look down upon the entire species,,,, there is technology,,, there are underground bases,,,, 6.9 billion people can die and the species will not have destroyed itself,,,,, as fragile as life can be it can also be resilient,,, if the species does get completely wiped out maybe in a few billion years itll be back, no worries....... we should analyze the now though,, and prevent bad from happening and promote good..... hope i dont offend you but just spewing my analysis.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

No offence taken. And I,m not worried for the future of mankind, what will be, will be. BUT I don,t think our technological advances will get the better of our essentially primitive, self destructive nature ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join