It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may be on to something :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There was a film called:

Valkyrie in 2008 with tom cruise.

www.imdb.com...

I wanted to find out about the title Valkyrie.

I enter into google Valkyrie church. (Because there is a church featured in the valkyrie)

And i find there is a website called, The Church of Valkyrie.

www.erepublik.com...

Look at that link above, look at everything! It talks "the new world" and at the top it says... eRepublik
Day 1,646 of the New World.

I thought that is an odd number for the "new world" so i did a little testing on these numbers "1646". i did the year 2000 minus 1646. This gives you 354 A.D. So i thought did something important happen in 354 A.D. where the elite was created?

The Chronography of 354, also known as the Calendar of 354, was a 4th century illuminated manuscript, which was produced in 354 AD for a wealthy Roman Christian named Valentinus. It is the earliest dated codex to have full page illustrations. The original was lost .

The Roman Christian name, Valentinus, sounds familiar... Its because its Latin for valentine.

Note how Valkyrie and valentines both begin with 'val'.

The church of Valkyrie seems to praise to the internet. Quote from the Church of Valkyrie site:

I am proud to announce the formation of a new eReligion here in the New World!

I've lost my train of thought... Not quite done yet.

Ok new update:

if you do 2012 -1646 which is = 366.

The 66th Roman emperor is called Valens (en.wikipedia.org...)

On the year 366 Emperor Valens defeats the troops of Procopius in the Battle of Thyatira, bringing an end to his revolt; Serenianus and Marcellus are killed. He flees the battlefield, but is executed by Valens.

Valens, sometimes known as the Last True Roman, was defeated and killed in the Battle of Adrianople, which marked the beginning of the collapse of the decaying Western Roman Empire.

Decaying of Western Roman empire and the rise to the eastern side? Reminds me of modern day. Am guessing history repeats itself.

The end of 2012 is the end of the western empire, i wonder...

edit on 23-5-2012 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
But I thought the movie was about Hitler and the Nazis???
That has nothing to do with Valentine's Day.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

but 1,646 days is only...
5years or so...
when did the film cum out

edit on 23-5-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The erepublik.com website you posted, is an online role playing game, from what i can tell.. i think your making something out of nothing, or perhaps i am missing the point..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A long chain of ants is still nothing more than abunch of worthless bugs.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well 400 AD is associated with the fall of Rome so the val connection might be
coincidental since the fall of Rome took centuries to commit.

I have some interesting conspiracy theories or history facts ignored by the common
practice that says before the fall of Rome there was shipping from the Mediterranean
to the American coast. Roman coins were found but what about shipping gold back
in far ancient times. In any case by the time Columbus arrives 1000 years later the
people lost all contact with the past and became so called 'savages'.

I don't know how that could happen today but what about colonies on other planets
that due to canceled space programs they were left to become 'savages' in another
world only to be found and conquered in 1000 years with another space program.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
A long chain of ants is still nothing more than abunch of worthless bugs.

Not worthless at all, in the future they may be your new overlords. muhahahaha

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh for f***sake... eRepublik is a nation sim-cum-forum and nothing more. The date is how many days since the server started up, I think.
edit on 23/5/2012 by Kolya because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

How deep do you want to go down the rabbit hole? In this link is a pretty good simplified telling of the "roots" of Valkyries:

www.vikinganswerlady.com...

The Valkyrie is, in the oldest strata of belief, a corpse goddess, represented by the carrion-eating raven. The name in Old Norse, valkyrja, as well as Old English wælcyrge means literally, "chooser of the slain." The word for valkyrie was used by Anglo-Saxon scholars to gloss the names of the Greco-Roman goddeses of vengeance and retribution, the Furies or Erinyes, as well as for the Roman goddess of war, Bellona.

The Valkyrie is related to the Celtic warrior-goddess, the Morrigan, who likewise may assume the form of the raven. The Irish badb is at one and the same time a seeress foretelling the fate of men upon the battlefield and is also the carrion-crow or raven. (Rooth 228)

So yah, mythic, Roman, Nordic, Viking, Raven Goddess vengeful spirit slayer thingy...

Why do I always get the feeling that many over used religious spiritual stories begin way back with some hand me down tale that we have completely lost the meaning to?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you want more on the val connection the great ancient history discoveries of
Velikovsky might have some. I am not that sure however. Another author that
goes into names is William R. Lyne only in that he did a petroglyph study and
some ancient religion myths were reviewed in his works.
Ed: Did a check on Velikovsky .. nothing

edit on 5/23/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We have enough trouble trying to find consensus on how things like sayings or nursery rhymes started, so the idea that two or more myths began with the same real yet very (relatively) mundane source is certainly a possibility.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
... i think your making something out of nothing, or perhaps i am missing the point..
Hmmmm, this is a rare occurrence on ATS.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

(the only thing to do is to laugh - it's the only thing that stops me from recognising the amount of navel-gazing and straw-grasping that makes me wanna give up on ATS...)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

Wait until school goes out for summer...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral
reply to post by Kolya

Wait until school goes out for summer...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
reply to post by intrptr

We have enough trouble trying to find consensus on how things like sayings or nursery rhymes started, so the idea that two or more myths began with the same real yet very (relatively) mundane source is certainly a possibility.

Yah, and not only but try to envision maybe how they first began to use a term so long ago. When I read this:

The Valkyrie is, in the oldest strata of belief, a corpse goddess, represented by the carrion-eating raven. The name in Old Norse, valkyrja, as well as Old English wælcyrge means literally, "chooser of the slain." The word for valkyrie was used by Anglo-Saxon scholars to gloss the names of the Greco-Roman goddeses of vengeance and retribution, the Furies or Erinyes, as well as for the Roman goddess of war, Bellona.

The Valkyrie is related to the Celtic warrior-goddess, the Morrigan, who likewise may assume the form of the raven. The Irish badb is at one and the same time a seeress foretelling the fate of men upon the battlefield and is also the carrion-crow or raven. (Rooth 228)

I got an impression. It had to do with a battlefield strewn with the dead corpses of fallen warriors, stripped of their armor and weapons, rotting in the sun. When approached, a sudden flurry of ravens rose up, startling the observer as they Kaw Kaw and flutter overhead.

Shudder... spooky. That would surely evoke a response when retold in firelight.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah, the quiet broken by birds - "as many as there were bodies on the ground" - ascending into the sky... It's easy to see how some people could have an impression made on them by something straightforward and draw their own conclusions.

Speaking of the OP
it's a shame a dissection of something like the Valkyrie myth had to be started by something as asinine as mistaking a RPG for an NWO plot from its appearance in a badly worded Google search...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Picking random dates of years and subtracting the number you see to get to supposed events in this church history really doesn't do much for your original post, which was otherwise intriguing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

... i think your making something out of nothing, or perhaps i am missing the point..

New motto?

ATS: Making Something Out of Nothing.

I still think it should be:

ATS: The Cliff Claven of the Internets

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdesteFideles

Originally posted by Hydroman

New motto?

ATS: Making Something Out of Nothing.

I still think it should be:

Why not combine the two, like this:

"Making something out of nothing"
edit on 23-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join