It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melanin and the Pineal Gland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So I have been reading about Melanin being secreted by the Pineal Gland, and also how it relates to how strong a gland is. This is supposed to be why Africans are much more spiritual than some, because of how dark their skin is.
My family is of Scottish and Norse origins, where Red hair and freckles runs dominant in my Dad's line. This is an example of the freckles on my arm.

Does anyone know of a connection between Freckles and a strong Pineal Gland? I tend to have a lot of small precognition type of events, with Deja Vu, Synchronicity, and etc. By the way my whole body is freckled just like my arms except for a few areas.
edit on 23-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dont think there's a connection..
edit on 23-5-2012 by 0thetrooth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Freckles are simply little clusters of melanin triggered by the sun. Everybody gets them, they're just more visible on fair skinned red headed folk.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are ways in this world to crack open that pineal gland and the third eye which can be done to anybody, anywhere, anytime. Doesn't matter how much meditation you have done, how much fluoride you have ingested, how well your yoga is or how intrinsically your spiritualness is . Don't worry brother, Gaea has fruits and medicine for all, and within her lies the key to the heavenly gates

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I know this, I am asking since Melanin is secreted by the Pineal Gland, if it has anything to do with being able to tell me if mine is open, or strong, etc.

www.google.com... wggfDpNCTAQ&usg=AFQjCNFTzgFsaC06YhOh9dO11SRfX6YmAA&sig2=391IJjEvVmFwVjF3mj5SyA

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I am most certainly glad you have posted on my thread, I have been reading your posts for sometime and would like to U2U over something very important.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

*grin*

So much to read between those lines....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought that red hair was related to Odin's people. I don't know about freckles. I have little bumps on my skin and tan well as the dye is released into the skin from them in sunlight. I don't know the relation but guess that fluoride messing with the pineal gland could make people have problems with sunlight. Is fluoridation causing our need for sunblockers?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't think so. But if you feel there is a connection feel free to run with it. The fact remains that you still have les melanin than the average tan person though. A million freckles or not.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes, Red Hair is a connection to Odin's people. My specific line of ancestry is descended and named after a Norse god I won't mention. My family held a seat of Royalty in Sweden, Norway, and Scotland for 100's of years.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hmm, I'll keep researching. As for the tan vs freckles, somewhere I read that the freckles absorb the sunlight directly which is what makes it hard for the fair skinned people to tan anyways.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

Freckles are simply little clusters of melanin triggered by the sun. Everybody gets them, they're just more visible on fair skinned red headed folk.

Every body does not get freckels. Some people get freckels and some people never get freckels. No blanket statements please. I do not get freckels. I am a causcasion female of italian decent I have olive skin and I do not burn or get freckels. I tan. But I avoid the sun as far as laying out to gain color. I spend a lot of time outdoors I just dont lay out to tan.

As far as melanin being secreated by the penial gland thats just hogwash. Melanin is produced in the skin.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If there was anything to this theory wouldnt the darkest black skinned people be psychic? Like all of them?????

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I know this, I am asking since Melanin is secreted by the Pineal Gland, if it has anything to do with being able to tell me if mine is open, or strong, etc.

www.google.com... wggfDpNCTAQ&usg=AFQjCNFTzgFsaC06YhOh9dO11SRfX6YmAA&sig2=391IJjEvVmFwVjF3mj5SyA

I scanned the article and it's loaded with inaccuracies. The Pineal gland doesn't secrete Melanin.... so I just stopped reading it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Melatonin comes from the Pineal Gland

en.wikipedia.org...

Isn't melanin just skin pigmentation made darker from the sun?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And can I say wow, thems a lot of freckels.
You must be part dalmation. LOL.. No not calling you a dog just joking.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Oh no, you got Hermes staff in your icon. Decendant of Loki the trickster
Just kidding. I don't seem to have a family crest but I have the day after Christmas named after my family name.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Melatonin comes from the Pineal Gland

en.wikipedia.org...

Isn't melanin just skin pigmentation made darker from the sun?

And Melatonin is a sleep hormone produced when the lights are low. Thats why you shouldnt put a night light in a kids room. The light inhibits the production of melatonin and the kid cant get to sleep or cant stay asleep. How many people who have kids who use night lights have this problem ??? I always put my babies to bed in a completely dark room and they were all good sleepers.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

Every body does not get freckels. Some people get freckels and some people never get freckels. No blanket statements please. I do not get freckels. I am a causcasion female of italian decent I have olive skin and I do not burn or get freckels. I tan. But I avoid the sun as far as laying out to gain color. I spend a lot of time outdoors I just dont lay out to tan.

As far as melanin being secreated by the penial gland thats just hogwash. Melanin is produced in the skin.

Excuse me. I suppose I should have said that all races and skin pigments are capable of developing freckles. Just not all individuals within the race or skin pigment.
edit on 23-5-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Pineal gland secretes melatonin which activates the pituitary gland to release MSH (melanocyte stimulating hormone) it is in the melanocytes that melanin is produced.

So in a way the Melatonin being secreted by the Pineal gland does in fact cause Melanin to be made.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join