It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker at Fukushima reports ground settling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In a article from EneNews a worker reported that he was concerned about the settling of ground around the plant. It was also reported that authorities are concerned that #1 is full of steam and other reactors and pools are in danger of full exposure.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed May 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
link????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Could you provide more information, or a link please? I don't understand about the ground settling? Why would it be doing that? Is it post earthquake settling?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

Here ya go OP

EneNews Article OP is talking about

"Tepco is planning the construction to reduce the groundwater to flow into the reactor building. Tepco will start bowling the mountain side of the reactor building and pump up the groundwater, but I am concerned about one thing...

...I wonder what would happen to the ground if hundreds of tones of water is pumped up everyday. Does it cause ground settlement ?

They are going to do bowling at more than ten locations seemingly. I’m not familiar to Geology or civil engineering, so I’d like to know if someone knows it well."

The guy is only wondering, unless he's speaking in code. It sounds more like he has no idea what he is talking about though..

By the way the comment section is much more informative than this "article." (looks like 2 translated tweets and a headline, no commentary or anything)

edit on 5/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
enenews.com...

Link. I did a quick scan and could not see anything about the ground settling.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

I found the info when I googled Fukushima news. I believe it was EneNews.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If you pump out ground water a few gallons at a time it is not a problem If you pump out millions you could create a cavity. If you create a cavity it could be filled with sea water. If you fill it with sea water you have no difference in the sea than the land above.

Most people don't understand that the 9.0 quake caused the island to sink 3- 9 ft. That is why the wall protecting Fukushima didn't work. Link was Nat Geo on TV last fall.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Both links do not say the ground is settling. One says a worker fears it will and the other link has nothing about ground settling in it. I am at a loss to figure out exactly what this thread is about. I don't mean to be critical OP, but this thread is somewhat misleading.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Both links do not say the ground is settling. One says a worker fears it will and the other link has nothing about ground settling in it. I am at a loss to figure out exactly what this thread is about. I don't mean to be critical OP, but this thread is somewhat misleading.

Agreed, I looked at multiple articles now and I could find nothing about the ground settling. Am I missing something? Wouldnt be the first time!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why would a worker at the Fukushima plant worry about the ground settling if it wasn't on his mind.
Think about ten wells producing who knows how many gallons per minute.
Do they have any choice in the matter. They have to have the water or else.

To me this is an indication of desperate measures regardless of the outcome. Millions of gallons per day. I think I heard that they need 6 million gallons per day. Can anyone verify this?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

My post only made reference to not seeing the report of the ground settling, I made no dispute concerning it, I was merely expressing the results of my search.

new topics

top topics

join