It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza parlor's giveaway sparks heated debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
For people who get angry over this...I say get a hobby because you obviously have too much free time on your hands to find these stupid things to complain about.

If I was in the area...I would be por favor'ing all over the place.
I'll bet you would.
I probably would too.
I'm surprised that there isn't a group demanding that all pizzarias nationwide honor the request. You know if one pizzaria is racist, they probably all are.

i don't think the pizza place is racist, im saying the NEWS is racist for saying its not nice that they are giving free pizza away in exchange for the customer speaking very few words in spanish.

Oh, I think they are.
They won't give me one for free if I ask for it like a Yanqui would.

lol i would laugh so hard if Yosimiti sam walked up to them and said

"HAhar Im yosimiti sam GImme a ressin fressin pizza por pleasor"

jk lol

i don't think they are being racist, they just wanna make it fun, so more people try their pizza and they get more business.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wish they would do that up here. I would gladly learn a few words in another language for freebies. Even if it had to be French .....

It seems to punish people who can't speak Spanish, and I resent that," Peter Thomas, chairman of the Conservative Caucus, says in the report.

They've given lots of time to learn a few words, those that are offended by that are just being silly.
How hard can it be to learn a couple of words?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I wish they would do that up here. I would gladly learn a few words in another language for freebies. Even if it had to be French .....

It seems to punish people who can't speak Spanish, and I resent that," Peter Thomas, chairman of the Conservative Caucus, says in the report.

They've given lots of time to learn a few words, those that are offended by that are just being silly.
How hard can it be to learn a couple of words?

this guy seems like the type of person that makes people say happy holidays instead of what they might really want to say.

MERRY PORFA VOR PIZZA EVERYBODY!!!

PEACE AND LOVE.
edit on 23-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 23-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

lol pizza patron?

god they suuuuuuuuuuuck

i know they were accepting pesos at one point

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

The employee in the link says you only have to say 'Quiero pizza' to get a free one.
It's so easy, I might just drive down and get me a free one.
It'll only cost me $400.00 in gas.
Then another $400.00 to get home.

And locally they are saying that you don't really even have to go that far...Most are giving it away for free if you use a single spanish word during your order. At least,that is the current word floating around my area.

For example, " hola, can I have a free pizza?"

That is the current word that is being shared with me.

I would have no issue with saying the full order in Spanish either... A free pizza is a free pizza...I'll do a hand stand if that is what it takes...As long as some one doesn't mind me falling on them

I've never eaten at this place myself, but it is worth a try, I think. If I like them, then they have my business in the future.

edit on 23-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

You are proof that their ad campaign works. As you say, if the product and service is good, you will come back.
Seems like the 'negative' publicity will only help them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
too bad their pizza remind me of dog vomit... =/

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"HAhar Im yosimiti sam GImme a ressin fressin pizza por pleasor"

Thanks for putting that picture in my mind.

Of course he was shooting his sixguns into the ceiling after making the request!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sounds like its working just as planned. Do you think the pizza place would be willing to give away 80K pizza so nobody talked about their business? Its a marketing ploy to get national news coverage.

Mission accomplished.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
how is this sparking a debate? ITS FREE PIZZA. id order it in Klingon if it means i get it for free. AND you learn something new, its a win-win situation

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

lol pizza patron?

god they suuuuuuuuuuuck

i know they were accepting pesos at one point

i actually never heard of them before.

i actually, don't eat restaurant pizza, i only eat natural stuff.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am so offended by this! If someones giving away free stuff I demand you only have to ask in american gall darnit! Who do these people think they are!!! GAHHHHHHHHHH I am so offended. I think I will start a riot over this. the nerve of these people. THIS IS SPARTA... I MEAN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSS.

haha

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's blown out of proportion.

Why though, does Latina this month have a really, really cool P&G coupon booklet in it, but none of my other magazines do?
Why are the best coupons in Spanish these days?

Everyone is wanting to grab this hispanic market. It's ok to me as long as I can go on the Spanish version of the sites and the Spanish version Facebook pages and enter the contests and get the coupons TOO.

Otherwise, I would not like it at all.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is just.another sign of the Mexification of America.
They took all the jobs, fat white women, and they got Dora the Explorer propagandising our kids.
I refuse to have spanish rammed down my throat.
I will never blah blah esspanyol.
Just say no to Paco, keep America American.
I'm joking..
It's free pizza, I would do river dance for a.free pie.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Read between the lines here folks and the Truth shall set you free

This "story" is a paid advertisement for Pizza Patron.

"Pizza chain giving away free pizza if you order in Spanish" isn't as enticing as "Mexicans get free pizza while the rest of us don't!"

Since this chain started you could also pay for your order using Peso's. Guess that doesn't have the same "piss you off" value though,does it

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't see an issue with this.What's the big deal?

I guess some people aren't happy unless there's something to complain about.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
People seriously need to get a life. There are bigger issues to fight over. Besides, if this private business wants to have a free giveaway or whatever for saying something in Spanish, let them do it.

As for folks not knowing Spanish, ask somebody, go on the Internet, or show some ingenuity and listen to those around you when you go stand in the inevitable line. It's really not all that hard.
edit on 23-5-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I would've thought asking in Italian would be more appropriate for a pizza

I think you mean Greek
Greeks were actually the first to come up with the concept for pizza.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join