It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza parlor's giveaway sparks heated debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

"A pizza parlor is being criticized for asking customers to order a pie in another language.
Dallas-based Pizza Patrón, with 104 outlets across the country, plans to give away 80,000 large pepperoni pizzas on June 5 to anyone who orders in Spanish"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
this fun little deal is todays current scapegoat of the biased racism promoting media!

all you have to say if you want a FREE PIZZA, is "pizza por favor" and they give you FREE food! just for saying "pizza please" in another language?

is that too much to ask? the NEWS SAYS YES!!

i say its blown out of proportion!

if a french restaurant asked me to say "please give me le free baguette" for a free piece of bread, i would be delighted!

(as long as that bread was all natural and contained no fluoride)

but i think this is a case of the news trying to cause chaos, and racism.

its just insane.

people can't just say por favor and take a free pizza.

darn news, your evil!

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would've thought asking in Italian would be more appropriate for a pizza

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For people who get angry over this...I say get a hobby because you obviously have too much free time on your hands to find these stupid things to complain about.

If I was in the area...I would be por favor'ing all over the place.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Mainstream news media sensationalism

I suppose without sensationalism they would run out of stories quickly, and you know what that means... Uh oh! less advertising, therefore less money! They'll blow anything out of proportion just to grab attention.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with them doing this. It's a private company, and they can run their business however they see fit, so long as they pay their taxes and don't break the law. This has given me a great idea for my son's retail shop. Going forward, if the customers speak any language but English, they'll be asked to leave.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

news.yahoo.com

"A pizza parlor is being criticized for asking customers to order a pie in another language.
Dallas-based Pizza Patrón, with 104 outlets across the country, plans to give away 80,000 large pepperoni pizzas on June 5 to anyone who orders in Spanish"

¡Ay, caramba! Why would anyone want 80,000 pizzas?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Indeed, how difficult is it these days?

Google translate audio so you can practice at home first.

ETA Click on the audio symbol in the right hand box to hear it in perfect Spanish.
edit on 23/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

reply to post by the_philth

Click my link above.

edit on 23/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Replied to 2 posters

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

And how!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

news.yahoo.com

¡Ay, caramba! Why would anyone want 80,000 pizzas?

lol'd

yea i just don't get it why the news has to be so hateful and racist!

i have no problem saying a sentence in another language (as long as im sure about what im saying)

to get some free pizza!

it actually sounds like fun

pizza por favor! hehe

*gets free pizza*

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY thanks. I MEAN GRACIAS

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Mainstream news media sensationalism

I suppose without sensationalism they would run out of stories quickly, and you know what that means... Uh oh! less advertising, therefore less money! They'll blow anything out of proportion just to grab attention.

Just another distraction.

Distract - Deflect - Divide

It's the Obama Triple D Plan of 2012 !

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

For people who get angry over this...I say get a hobby because you obviously have too much free time on your hands to find these stupid things to complain about.

I'll bet you would.
I probably would too.
I'm surprised that there isn't a group demanding that all pizzarias nationwide honor the request. You know if one pizzaria is racist, they probably all are.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I'll bet you would.
I probably would too.
I'm surprised that there isn't a group demanding that all pizzarias nationwide honor the request. You know if one pizzaria is racist, they probably all are.

i don't think the pizza place is racist, im saying the NEWS is racist for saying its not nice that they are giving free pizza away in exchange for the customer speaking very few words in spanish.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The employee in the link says you only have to say 'Quiero pizza' to get a free one.
It's so easy, I might just drive down and get me a free one.
It'll only cost me $400.00 in gas.
Then another $400.00 to get home.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about this....Apparently lots of white people around here find it unfair to them...

Why? I don't quite know...White people such as myself can get a free pizza too!

And you don't even have to make the whole order in Spanish, they are saying here, that you can just start the order off with Hola, and then do the rest in English and you get a free pizza.

It did make me roll my eyes a bit to hear my fellow white man complain about being treated unfairly...I mean because..Us white people have had it SO bad the past several hundred years.

Maybe it is just me, but I really don't think we have much of a right to complain about unfair treatment. All things considered...

It's a free pizza...The ones in my area will give it to you for free if you use a single Spanish word during your order. I think we should quit complaining and go enjoy a free pizza...Or at least, lets go get that pizza and THEN discuss this...

Popular or not, that is where I stand.

Peace and love.
edit on 23-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'll bet you would.
I probably would too.

i don't think the pizza place is racist, im saying the NEWS is racist for saying its not nice that they are giving free pizza away in exchange for the customer speaking very few words in spanish.

Oh, I think they are.
They won't give me one for free if I ask for it like a Yanqui would.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, i will brush up on my spanish and get them to take an order from the UK, that'll be a curveball im sure.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The employee in the link says you only have to say 'Quiero pizza' to get a free one.
It's so easy, I might just drive down and get me a free one.
It'll only cost me $400.00 in gas.
Then another $400.00 to get home.

And locally they are saying that you don't really even have to go that far...Most are giving it away for free if you use a single spanish word during your order. At least,that is the current word floating around my area.

For example, " hola, can I have a free pizza?"

That is the current word that is being shared with me.

I would have no issue with saying the full order in Spanish either... A free pizza is a free pizza...I'll do a hand stand if that is what it takes...As long as some one doesn't mind me falling on them

I've never eaten at this place myself, but it is worth a try, I think. If I like them, then they have my business in the future.

edit on 23-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
yo quiero taco bell

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Technically I could form a Demands Group even though it's just one person at the moment...

I would be more demanding with my demands though.
"All pizzas must be prepared thusly for that truly authentic touch of Italy."

edit on 23/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join