It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israel prepares for massive assault

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Israeli troops and armor are amassing on the Gaza border in preperation for what is being termed a "massive assault" on the Jebaliya refugee camp. The goal of the assault is to stop the rocket attacks that have increased in recent days. The Israelis appear to be attempting to knock down the violence in Gaza before the planned withdrawl next year.

apnews.myway.com
JEBALIYA REFUGEE CAMP, Gaza Strip (AP) - Armored vehicles massed on Gaza's border Friday after Israel's security Cabinet approved a large-scale military operation - dubbed "Days of Penitence" - to stop Palestinian rocket fire.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz had ordered troops to "exact a price" from the militants, security officials said, after a Hamas rocket killed two children, ages 2 and 4, in an Israeli border town.

Hundreds of troops, backed by tanks and helicopters, have been operating in northern Gaza since Wednesday, but more soldiers were expected to move into the area in coming hours.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The increasing violence in Gaza in recent days has much to do with the planned withdrawl in 2005. The Palestinians would very much like the withdrawl to look like the Israeli retreat from Lebanon. The action had the appearance of a beaten army returning to home.

The Palestinians would achive a huge moral victory if it appeared as if they drove Israel out of Gaza.

Israel does not want to give that appearance, and have vowed to leave when Gaza is secure.

State of Emergency Declared in Gaza

[edit on 10/2/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Interesting. They did this yesterday as well. I wonder how many time they are going to go in? Tnaks vs. rock throwing children. Sounds like fun

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
My understanding is that this is a continuation of the build up. An on going operation, if you will. They are adding more resources to the troops who went in yesterday. It is the beginning of a build up with the same goal as yesterday's operation.

I don't know how successful they will be at stopping people from firing those Qassam rockets. It's not like you need a huge support structure. You can build it in your living room, prop it up behind your garage and fire.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is just more of the same old Israeli iron-fisted humitarianism be damned policy against the Palestinians whether terrorist or innocent man, woman, or child. Will they allow coverage of the carnage by independent media? Not likely. Can't have the world see the truth of what they do, with armored vehicles, tanks, helicopters, missiles, guns, etc, ad nauseum, supplied by its Uncle Sam, when they carry out these operations.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Tell me what would you do if freakin *edited racial slur* were always trying to kill you, your children and your neighbors... what would you do if those two kids killed were yours?

The *edited racial slur* just want trouble - when they stop their coward attacks, Israel will stop punishing them...

I say Isreal should kick them all the hell to Syria or Jordan and be done with it - they only make the place look untidy anyway...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by webvida
Tell me what would you do if freakin *edited racial slur* were always trying to kill you, your children and your neighbors... what would you do if those two kids killed were yours?

When you are done with your clearly racist comments. Take a look around. The Isrealis have been killing children for years. No child should have to die PERIOD. Isreal perpetuates the cycle of violence as do the Palistinians. But what I cannot condone is your Racist statements. I give you bit of advice here on ATS. Keep you BIGOTRY to yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Off topic slightly but similar on a smaller scale

Israel Austin Texas:

Massive Helicopter activity over the city last 2 days....gotta get those unamericans

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

When you are done with your clearly racist comments. Take a look around. The Isrealis have been killing children for years. No child should have to die PERIOD. Isreal perpetuates the cycle of violence as do the Palistinians. But what I cannot condone is your Racist statements. I give you bit of advice here on ATS. Keep you BIGOTRY to yourself.

You make me sick Fred, these kind of people bomb the world trade center, behead people and commit god knows what else crimes in the name of their god... hell they even mutilate their daughters...

The punishment Isreal is inflicting is all they understand - you can't be soft with them, you have to be hard and I am hoping that Isreal will go in hard

Freddy boy: Why don't you go live with them if you love em so much...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There is no hate speech or racial slurs permitted on ATS.

Further comments like the ones I have had to clean up here will result in additional warnings.

Do NOT do it again.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No one is trying to deny your passion on the subject. I think what people may object to is some of the terms you have used to describe the Palestinians.

Passion is good. Don't lose the fire! Please, just lose the inflamatory terms.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I had been impressed with Israel's actions to target specific members of Hamas, Al Aqsa, etc. and doing away with massive assaults on the Palestinian people themselves. It showed restraint and real desire to separate the militant groups from the general population. This assault they are preparing for is just nuts.

The question has to be asked - with all the trouble they are having with the settlers is this merely a political ploy to get focus off them?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Interesting. They did this yesterday as well. I wonder how many time they are going to go in? Tnaks vs. rock throwing children. Sounds like fun

Please rock throwing children what about those bombs under there shirts
granted i hate those people who force kids to wear the bombs used in suicide and homicide attacks but dont forget a bomb is a bomb no matter who they strap them to

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

There is no hate speech or racial slurs permitted on ATS.

Further comments like the ones I have had to clean up here will result in additional warnings.

Do NOT do it again.

Sorry, It just makes me wild when I hear people going on about the "evil jews" attacking the poor little palistinians... about the evil USA attacking poor innocent Iraq and disposing of that angel we all know as Saddam...

I guess it would be ok if these people were from these backward countries and had been brainwashed by inhuman regilous fanatical tyranical dictators, but I get the distinct feeling that many of the whingers and moaners here are from western countries...

Well you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, think of your brave soldiers risking their lives so you can complain about the price of fuel and your evil government that is trying to make you have an id card...

For christ sake! At least your government is not trying to gas you or cut your freakin head off!!!

Like I said to Freddy boy, if you don't like the way things are in your western country, get the hell out and go live with the Arabs...

I wonder if you will miss your mcDonalds and internet and cable TV

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sorry, It just makes me wild when I hear people going on about the "evil jews" attacking the poor little palistinians... about the evil USA attacking poor innocent Iraq and disposing of that angel we all know as Saddam...

I guess it would be ok if these people were from these backward countries and had been brainwashed by inhuman regilous fanatical tyranical dictators, but I get the distinct feeling that many of the whingers and moaners here are from western countries...

Well you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, think of your brave soldiers risking their lives so you can complain about the price of fuel and your evil government that is trying to make you have an id card...

For christ sake! At least your government is not trying to gas you or cut your freakin head off!!!

Like I said to Freddy boy, if you don't like the way things are in your western country, get the hell out and go live with the Arabs...

I wonder if you will miss your mcDonalds and internet and cable TV

We are all very proud of our soldiers who fight to protect our freedoms, and even the right for a person to use the type of language and personal attacks you have made here.

HOWEVER

This site does not permit hate speech, racial slurs, and personal attacks such as the ones you have posted here. You had to agree to the Terms Of Service when you signed up here, which included those stipulations.
I believe that keeping that type of language off this board allows for people of all backgrounds to have intelligent discussion without resorting to name calling.

BTW... the topic is an Israeli build up for an impending action in Gaza to attempt to stop Qassam rockets from being fired on Israelis.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why has the world gone so crazy??

People these days just want to throw a bigger stone back if someone has attacked them first. All this fighting and anger will only lead to more misery. Would you teach your children the same way?? I teach my child not to hit back but tell the teacher, its not fair to hurt someone just because they have hurt you, hurting them back just brings you down to there level! It really saddens me to think that the majority of the world thinks that aggression is the answer when 99% in there own backyard would teach there children to respect others, even if they don�t respect you.

Enough war and anger, time to spread the word of peace and respect your neighbors even if they don�t seem to be friendly or agree with what you think.

Take care,

Marcus

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfourl

People these days just want to throw a bigger stone back if someone has attacked them first. All this fighting and anger will only lead to more misery. Would you teach your children the same way?? I teach my child not to hit back but tell the teacher, its not fair to hurt someone just because they have hurt you, hurting them back just brings you down to there level! It really saddens me to think that the majority of the world thinks that aggression is the answer when 99% in there own backyard would teach there children to respect others, even if they don�t respect you.

You see that door to your right? That's the door to the real world.
I think you've had enough fairytale world. Go through the door.

I don't mean to be harsh, but do you really think that the Palestinians will stop attacking if Israel stops fighting back? Really?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is quite interesting how people try to differentiate methods of Killing...

Death by pinpoint misslle strike or death by beheading. You choose...

May I remind people beheadings were once acceptable forms of executions.

Was 911 hijaking and subsequent misslle-like use of airplanes acceptable becuase of the level of complexity required to execute this act?

I'm curious as to acceptable forms of killing(perhaps murder)

That land is awash with two thieves fighting over stolen goods. Eventually they will eliminate each other.

Surely no one really cares about the death of children... Children eventually grow up to become soldiers... So an efficient force would target both women and children... Perhaps a bomb dropped from a fast moving plane could do the job... Or maybe a school hijacking...

Don't get it twisted folks... when you decide to kill your enemy ALL methods are acceptable...

Sounds nasty huh... perhaps killing should be outlawed......

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wow, racist words offend you, yet you are quick to condemn the Israelis and merely call them Israelis. You claim that no child should die, but I see no condemnation of the continuous instigation by the Arabs of the region, attempting to provoke and incite problems with Israel through the "Palestinians". Where is the praise ofr Israel when her dead are scraped off the sidewalks and the remains of buses and the shattered walls of pizzarias? Flash bulletin for you, those rockets that are being fired at family dwellings are NOT rocks. Those rock-throwing kids to which you refer have been taught hatred since they were old enough to hear words and their mothers are proud to send them off to die in order to strike at Israel. You scream racism while you fully defend racism. The bestr you do is half-heartedly claim that both sides are perpetuating the cycle of violence, yet any individual condemnation is saved soley for Israel
Hypocrisy yet again in reference to the situation in the Middle East.

Edited because I placed my response inside the response I was responding to. Life is tough, tougher when you go through it stupid!

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Wow, racist words offend you, yet you are quick to condemn the Israelis and merely call them Israelis. You claim that no child should die, but I see no condemnation of the continuous instigation by the Arabs of the region, attempting to provoke and incite problems with Israel through the "Palestinians".

Yes racism in all forms bother me. That being said Thomas, instigation really depends on your point of view. What if I placed you in a small area, surrounded you with a wall, moved settlements into what was once your land, denied you the basic ability to farm for your own food, systematicaly targeted your children etc etc. Would you or any of us simply standby and take it?

That being said, I have NEVER denied that Isreal the right to defend itself. Nor am I downplaying the casulties that they have faced with the seemingly endless suicide bombing that they have endured. WHAT I was responding to was clearly racist comments made towards Arabs. Isreal had already responded to the rocket attack as I posted on ASTNN the day before and killed 26 people in the process. At what point do they stop? Do they really think that this will help?

I stand by my inital statements BOTH sides perpetuate the violence. Both sides cannot pull back. Isreal has visions of a greater Isreali state and sees defence in depth, the Palistinian people have been betrayed by thier leadership and continue to be used as pawns by other ME countries.

EDIT: Heh Heh. Thomas I did the same thing with the quotes, maybe we both will get detention

[edit on 1-10-2004 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be fair and balanced. Should we not give equal support to both parties in the dispute? Our governent has long said, through out many administrations, that we believe both parties have a right to exist, and that both deserve to have a state on the lands. Both are equally intitled to be there.

I agree with this. So how do you stop the fight? With my kids I seperate them, put them each in a seperate corner. We can't really do that here. If one hits the other with a stick, I take the stick away. Can't really take away Israel's stick either. So if were making them even so they can fight fair, why haven't we armed the Palestinians? Why don't we give them both an equal oppurtunity?

The Answer:
Yassir Arafat. We have made great efforts to help the Palestinians have a better life for themselves. We have given them plenty of money, and aid to improve their quality of life. The money though, has gone to the PA, and Arafat's dirty little fingers are all over it. Arafat does not want peace. Peace does him no good. Peace would make him less important, less of a figure head.
I believe that the solution to the problem lies in helping the Palestinians WITHOUT Yassir Arafat. And the best way to acheive this is through his death by natural causes. It won't have the immediate effect, but after a legitimate leader is elected for the people, it is my belief that they will be able to find a better life for themselves, and even coexist with Israel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join