It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter suspends London Olympics protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
At the weekend, i decided I needed to get behind the Olympics and enjoy them rather than being a bit of a sour puss over the whole event. It just seemed to me that any opinion against the Olympics in the UK is frowned upon with the risk of being labelled unpatriotic, if you don't get behind it. But, I have issues with some of the sponsors of both Olympics and Paralympics. Dow Chemicals, Rio Tinto and ATOS, to name a few.

Now another example of the Olympic PR machine going into over drive and silencing dissent on Twitter.

Twitter has bowed to pressure from the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games, or LOCOG, to shut down the Space Hijackers account.
The Space Hijackers describe themselves as an activist group which uses spoof and satire to ridicule authority and large corporations. They have previously targeted the world's largest arms fair - DSEi - Nike, and are now looking at the Olympics.

Read more: news.techeye.net...

I just have trouble getting my support behind the whole thing, when LOCOG, seems to be behaving in such draconian ways, especially when it comes to defending the Olympic image rights.

I hope it all goes well and shows off Britain in a positive way, but I will not be joining in silencing the dissenters.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Big Brother just stamped and kicked the living day lights out of "freedom of speech" right there!

join