It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gone Mad - Ferrari Crackdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just a quick comment........they are talking about Italy, a country not only known for exporting exotic cars but also a family that is known to do all of its business in the dark. If someone is driving an exotic and haven't worked.....ever, does raise some questions doesn't it?
Just sayin'
brice
edit on 23-5-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I would like people to ponder a few questions.

The Family on welfare pays no tax

The Family with double income pays (say) $10,000.

The self made millionaire living the American dream pays $100,000.

Why? The rich guy probably employs people, thereby adding to the tax revenue base.

Why does one guy have to pay a lot more than his fair share!

Earnings is the wrong place to tax! Tax two things, spending and moving money out of your country.

The biggest problem with the tax system is the tiny amount that corporations pay! They are not people and should never ever have been considered to have the rights of individuals.

If you want to control taxation, then, control spending by governments. That is the problem! That has always been the problem. That will always be the problem!

P

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Earnings is the wrong place to tax! Tax two things, spending and moving money out of your country

It's called the fair tax.

It's a small movement in the U.S. It will never ever pass tho because the people making the decisions would never agree to it.

I'll give you a little run down. You pay no federal income tax. That tax is shored off onto your local taxes. Sales tax primarily. Food for example would be exempt just like state sales tax. Homes, cars and other "luxury" items would be taxed at around 30%.

So if your and average joe, you would benefit from this system... the less you spend... the less you pay in tax. Lets be honest here, if you can't afford a new home or car every other year, you should benefit from your frugalness at least.

Now you see why something like this will never pass. The people that make the laws like their new cars and their new homes every couple years. Leaving the average joe, in the dust.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by pheonix358
Earnings is the wrong place to tax! Tax two things, spending and moving money out of your country

It's called the fair tax.

It's a small movement in the U.S. It will never ever pass tho because the people making the decisions would never agree to it.

I'll give you a little run down. You pay no federal income tax. That tax is shored off onto your local taxes. Sales tax primarily. Food for example would be exempt just like state sales tax. Homes, cars and other "luxury" items would be taxed at around 30%.

So if your and average joe, you would benefit from this system... the less you spend... the less you pay in tax. Lets be honest here, if you can't afford a new home or car every other year, you should benefit from your frugalness at least.

Now you see why something like this will never pass. The people that make the laws like their new cars and their new homes every couple years. Leaving the average joe, in the dust.

I don't understand this mentality of punishing people for their success. It makes no sense and here's why; If I have an idea for a useful product and I want to bring that product to life, I have to work very hard to make the prototype, do the research, find a way and resources to put it into production, sell it to potential customers, deal with employees, advertising, company taxes, licenses, regulations, lawyers and the list goes on and on. All this while I'm trying to keep myself alive, possibly working one or two jobs on the side to finance this venture. It takes a LOT of hard work to get that product out there for it to be successful enough to make the company grow.

That one idea person can put hundreds if not thousands of people to work, but it can take many years, tears and sweat to do so. It takes the kind of dedication that a lot of us do not have. Let's say we implement your taxation idea.... you think I feel motivated to put in all that hard work when I know that the Government will pursue me for my success? Forget it! I'd rather work a 9 to 5 job and get my paycheck every month than have to deal with the headaches of running a business in this State or country.

Taxing luxury items? Who makes those luxury items? The cars? The homes? The airplanes and boats and furniture and food and clothes, the thousands of products that rich people buy? You really want to cut down on their spending? It's a GOOD thing that they spend their money! It goes right back to the average Joe! If anything you want to encourage their spending, not put a stop to it by taxing the hell out of it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
at best it's a misguided idea, and at worst stright up illegal, and probably just counter productive, as wealthy folks will adapt, and either move or sell the cars for other toys and elude detection

they just need to hire more tax agents and do it legally and with process and order

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by 2manyquestions

And then what? What happens when all the rich people are dead? More rich people will spring from their ashes.

What's next is (more) rich imams.

edit on 23/5/12 by masqua because: edit to add specific quote

Until the human being evolves into something more enlightened, we're all just rats using each other to climb our way out of the tub. There's little difference between us no matter what our social status.

It's thinking like that that leads to wars, tyranny and a general lack of ethics! Just think how advanced we would all be if we had a cooperative society that strived for the benefit of all man kind instead of just a selfish one bent
on using everyone for their own ends! The choices we make shape our outlooks, motives and make us who we are! For It's alot easier to conform with the rest of the rats then rise above those around us beyond the needs of the self! To sacrifice for others is the highest form of devotion that the human spirit can attain and brings the realization that we are all connected now and forever! Sooner or later this will be the shape of our world and will be the next step to the awakening of humanities collective conscienceness! A move away from consumption and towards the light of the one truth! That we all have a purpose and it's up to each of us to realize whether we are on the side of light or darkness, Who we are, why we are here and when it's time to act!

It took me almost 50 years to realize these very hidden realities! Years of selfishly acting against my own nature
to conform to the selfish individuals around me just to be accepted! I am so ashamed and sorry for the pain i inflicted on others! I have to live with my regrets but any of you that read this can know that above all else we must be true to ourselves! that means to be the person who you are comfortable being! Find who that is and delve into the depths! Goodluck with your journey!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Italy is not a sovereign country. It is part of the EU.

As for printing its own money - it is part of the Euro, and again has no power in this regard. This is a large part opf the reason why Greece, Italy and Spain are all in trouble. Germany is calling the shots (in a truely dictatorial fashion) to protect itself.

The whole EU/Euro is a scam from the start. Until these countries break away fom the EU and the Euro they will be screwed regardless of what they do.

The fact that their Governments were removed from power by Germany, and replaced with German technocrats should highlight what Europe is really about.

Europe is still buried in the fall-out of WW2 and the fight between "West vs. Communism". It is why they are so desperate to integrate as many former soviet bloc states as possible, even though there is absolutely no valid reason for it. Meanwhile, Germany is sucking the Eurozone dry to prop up its own economy. Look who owns all the debt in the Eurozone - Germany. They bought all the countries currently in trouble to help itself in the good times, and now it is making those countries pay those debts in the bad times, forcing out Governments to get absolute control and ensure they pay.

Anyone noticed the total lack of involvement in any of this of either the ECB or the European Commission? They are mere puppets of the real dictators.

Ironically Germany won the war - they have near total control over Europe. Control the finances, control the country.
edit on 29-5-2012 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by 2manyquestions

And then what? What happens when all the rich people are dead? More rich people will spring from their ashes.

What's next is (more) rich imams.

edit on 23/5/12 by masqua because: edit to add specific quote

Until the human being evolves into something more enlightened, we're all just rats using each other to climb our way out of the tub. There's little difference between us no matter what our social status.

It's thinking like that that leads to wars, tyranny and a general lack of ethics! Just think how advanced we would all be if we had a cooperative society that strived for the benefit of all man kind instead of just a selfish one bent
on using everyone for their own ends! The choices we make shape our outlooks, motives and make us who we are! For It's alot easier to conform with the rest of the rats then rise above those around us beyond the needs of the self! To sacrifice for others is the highest form of devotion that the human spirit can attain and brings the realization that we are all connected now and forever! Sooner or later this will be the shape of our world and will be the next step to the awakening of humanities collective conscienceness! A move away from consumption and towards the light of the one truth! That we all have a purpose and it's up to each of us to realize whether we are on the side of light or darkness, Who we are, why we are here and when it's time to act!

It took me almost 50 years to realize these very hidden realities! Years of selfishly acting against my own nature
to conform to the selfish individuals around me just to be accepted! I am so ashamed and sorry for the pain i inflicted on others! I have to live with my regrets but any of you that read this can know that above all else we must be true to ourselves! that means to be the person who you are comfortable being! Find who that is and delve into the depths! Goodluck with your journey!

I agree with you. That's my point entirely. We're still in a stage of utter selfishness. That's not to say that selfishness is always a bad thing or should be eliminated completely, but we need to learn to control it. Many people don't know how to empathize with others and many refuse to try to understand how their actions affect others. You see it especially during disasters. That's when human faults and virtues really shine.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join