It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Doctor Who Aided Bin Laden Hunt Gets 33 Years in Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The Pakistani doctor who aided American intelligence in its mission to kill Osama bin Laden has been convicted of high treason in his home country and sentenced to 33 years in prison plus a fine, Pakistani officials said today.

Pakistani Doctor Who Aided Bin Laden Hunt Gets 33 Years

I don't really have much to say about this, but I thought I would share. Why does the U.S. continue to pretend to be allies with Pakistan. They clearly are against the U.S.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The same could be said for Israel.

I'm not sure what to think of this really, shouldn't the US government do something about that? Get the man out, clemency, or something?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sounds to me like this is just another way to "solidify" the Bin Laden fairy tale.

He has been scapegoated to make it look like Bin Laden was really there.

How do we even know with 100% certainty that Shakil Afridi is really Shakil Afridi ??

He had CIA ties.

A likely story ...

Shakil Afridi ran a vaccination program on behalf of the CIA near the al Qaeda leader's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in an attempt to collect DNA from bin Laden's relatives and verify that America's most wanted terrorist was indeed in the compound. On May 2, 2011, a team of U.S. Navy SEALs raided the compound and killed bin Laden.

All part of the "set up" ...
... real "top secret" ...

Afridi's role, first reported by the New York Times in July 2011, was publicly confirmed by U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in January when he told CBS News' "60 Minutes" he was "very concerned" for Afridi.

"This was an individual who in fact helped provide intelligence that was very helpful with regards to this operation," Panetta, who was head of the CIA at the time of the operation, said then. "He was not in any way treasonous towards Pakistan, he was not doing anything that would in any way undermine Pakistan... Pakistan and the United States have a common cause against terrorism."

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Shakil Afridi ran a vaccination program on behalf of the CIA

that says it all right there...

so from their perspective...

a foreign country raids a home on their land..

announces globally they caught a criminal..

shows no proof of ID...

provides no proof of guilt in any way shape or form..

according to their own laws...

then throws the body in the sea...

and he helped them...

"It's good. He should be publicly hanged," the nurse said. "We do not consider him a hero. He is a traitor, a liar and a fraud. He deceived everyone." -nurse who worked with Afridi

question: would any of you praise an American who did the same in aiding a foreign power on US soil?

no, didn't think so..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Afridi was not entitled to a lawyer but was given a chance to defend himself and has a right to appeal the verdict, officials said.

US threatens to cut Pakistani aid

The US government said Pakistan had no basis to hold Afridi, who is reportedly in poor health and being kept away from other prisoners to avoid any danger to his life.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Pakistan is NOT our friend,,its a failed country there.

Odd they made no arrests on who harbored Bin Laden yet throw the Dr in prison for helping find this killer terrorist?

Pretty sick and shows their true color!

Id flag but cant yet,,ATS must have it where I need certain amount of points or so..

Molly

new topics

top topics

join