It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: CIA Confirmed Al-Qaeda Releases New Tape Urging Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A tape released allegedly by Al-Qaeda's is calling for all muslims to attack US and UK interests. The tape has not been authenticated yet. It aired on Al Jazeera Television and it is reported that the CIA is aware and is reviewing the tape.

foxnews.com
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates � An audio tape purportedly released by Usama bin Laden's (search) deputy calls for attacks on U.S. and British interests everywhere, according to a broadcast Friday by Al-Jazeera television.

The Arab station said the speaker on the tape was Ayman al-Zawahiri (search), an Egyptian-born surgeon and the closest aide to the Al Qaeda (search) terrorist group leader. The U.S. government has offered up to $25 million for information leading to his killing or capture.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to Al Jazeera the voice on the tape is Ayman al-Zawahiri, Bin Ladens deputy. He is reportedly calling for all muslims, including youth to wait no more. He tells them that they must start resisting now.

"You, youth of Islam, this is our message," he said. "If we die or are detained, continue the path after us, and don't betray God and his prophet, and don't knowingly betray the trust."

The producer of Al Jazeera claims that the tape was released today. According to the report the entire contents of the tape were not going to be played in full but there was almost four minutes in two clips broadcast.

UPDATE
The CIA has confirmed that the voice on the newest audio tape is Bin Laden's top aide Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Al-Zawahiri tape: "If we are killed or captured, you should carry on the fight."

Related ATS Discussion
Bin Laden Deputy Calls for Attack "everywhere"!
Bin Laden to Air Message Ending Truce

[edit on 2-10-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Is this a new one since earlier this morning or the one posted already cause if its new those dingle berries got som cahoneys to threaten us twice in the same morning.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The tape does not only single out the US and UK for attacks but also included Australia, France, Poland, Norway, South Korea and Japan.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not like this is the first tape and probably won't be the last. I don't think it would directly affect the U.S. anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I didnt specify the US I mean the coalition as a whole

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Poland

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read
Why would the terrorists attack Poland? They have no reason to do that.
(The fact that there are 2500 Polish guys in Iraq is not annyoing Bin Ladin because he has the opportunity to make fun of Poland which he uses; he shows how Poland ineffective in combating terrorism is and how much of flunkies are Polish guys in Iraq)

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"If we die or are detained, continue the path after us, and don't betray God and his prophet, and don't knowingly betray the trust."

If defeatist ("If we die or are detained") statements like this are now being made then we must be hot on his heels over there in Iraq.

Sure sounds like a desperate losers call to action to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I dont know, it just sounds like they are stateing the fact that "if" they die, then the nex generation will need to step up... Thats how I read it anyways.

But then again, he could mean both things

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm having heavy doubts on these Al-Qaeda tapes,

Someone posted a very good conspiracy idea in the politics & scandles section. The topic implies that the Bush administration is orchastring fear politics and fabricated these tapes to regain ground after Bush lost last nights debate with Senator Kerry.

I dunno,

I sit back and start to wonder about the Pentagon attack during 9/11 and the lack of a jumbo jet moments after the impact. Al-Qaeda being recruited/trained by the CIA during the 80's. Osama Bin Laden the son of family that has extremely close ties to the Bush family, George H.W Bush was in the same room with 2 Bin Ladens the morning of 9/11.

Their's just way too many question marks

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

Poland

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read
Why would the terrorists attack Poland? They have no reason to do that.
(The fact that there are 2500 Polish guys in Iraq is not annyoing Bin Ladin because he has the opportunity to make fun of Poland which he uses; he shows how Poland ineffective in combating terrorism is and how much of flunkies are Polish guys in Iraq)

how is this the worst post you have ever read??? are you kidding me? I am simply stating the message from the tape, since when have anything the terrorist say have to make sense. Al-Qaeda according to this tape is threatening anyone who is simply associated to western ideals or the USA and yes Poland is a target according to Al-Zawahiri. Australia also only has about 2000 to 2500 soldiers in Iraq and they are on the hit list, Japan probably even has less than that in numbers.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

how is this the worst post you have ever read??? are you kidding me? I am simply stating the message from the tape, since when have anything the terrorist say have to make sense. Al-Qaeda according to this tape is threatening anyone who is simply associated to western ideals or the USA and yes Poland is a target according to Al-Zawahiri. Australia also only has about 2000 to 2500 soldiers in Iraq and they are on the hit list, Japan probably even has less than that in numbers.

But Australia and Japan have well-equipped troops. Poland doesn't.
Why would then Al Qaeda want to attack Poland? Unless they want to make fun of it and show their unreadiness to the world

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
let me say it again. In Al-Qaeda's eyes Poland is an ally of the USA, Bush reminded us last night of how important they are in the coalition, which makes them a target now. Anyone associated with the USA and western ideals are a target for these extremists, that's how terrorism work. Do you really think they care how well equipped Poland is or not? They don't, they have simply decided that you are guilty by association.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They lost the debate, miserably, last night. Everyone knew that a "terra" alert would be forthcoming. I fully expect Tom Ridge to bump his portfolio by getting a color out there sometime in the next 72 hours.

" If you say something often enough, the people will believe it." - Josef Goebbels

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Even if this guy is ordering attacks the trained staff of cells that they have here in the US are ordering Tacos at Taco Bell and enjoying the good life the US offers so there is no way they will budge.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

"If we die or are detained, continue the path after us, and don't betray God and his prophet, and don't knowingly betray the trust."

If defeatist ("If we die or are detained") statements like this are now being made then we must be hot on his heels over there in Iraq.

Sure sounds like a desperate losers call to action to me.

Something else I noticed about this tape and other recent al queda statements - No reference to Bin Laden. For a long time I figured he was still alive and on the Pakistan/Afghan border. But now I'm really beginning to wonder if he's dead and Zawahiri is now running the show.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And this wouldnt have anything to do with the failure to win in debate last night, would it?

How obvious can you get? According to the report, this has NOTHING to do with Osama Bin Laden, of course, (not anymore)..these are 16 new AlQaeda cells that have formed (BECAUSE OF BUSH'S POLICIES) out just today,(day after Bush was defeated in debates).

Would you all like some water with this? I'd hate to see you choke

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Another reason I wonder if there has been a change in leadership is comments made by Peter Bergen. Bergen is probably one of the foremost experts on Al Qaeda:

BERGEN: Well, I think, you know, that if we keep -- we're hearing a lot more audiotapes from Ayman al-Zawahiri than we are hearing from bin Laden in the last year. And the ones we're hearing from bin Laden are rather generic. They refer to the conflict in Iraq, but that could happen any time in the last year. The ones from Ayman al-Zawahiri are much more time specific. The Ayman al-Zawahiri tape that just came out refers to Ariel Sharon visiting India, which was this month. It also refers to this ongoing debate in Pakistan about whether to send troops to Iraq.

So while we're hearing rather time specific tapes from Ayman al- Zawahiri, the tapes we're hearing from bin Laden are not very time specific, which may indicate that either he's just not making tapes or he's very ill, or he's so out of it that he can't do these things. It's not really clear. But it is interesting that what we're hearing from Ayman al-Zawahiri is very time specific and very recent and what we're hearing from bin Laden is rather generic and could have been made any time in the last year.

Just some food for thought.
Link

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There are two, well...four points, i would like to expand. First....i haven't heard the tape on the news, or read the information on this latest threat, but as WW says, they mention attacks on France........oh boy....perhaps Chirac will come out once more trying to remind Al Qaeda to remember who their enemy is and who their friends are..... After everything France has done they are still a target for terrorist groups.... I guess Chirac, and the rest of the French government didn't learn from Spain's mistake....

Second.....the debate proved nothing at all... the polls are showing that both Kerry and Bush have the same votes that they did before the debate. I have been listening to local tv networks in the Miami/Hialeah area and that is what they are saying in the Spanish channels. There have been discussions between Republican and Democrat hispanics who are in the government and they seemed to agree with this.

Third, didn't they say in CNN (I think it was CNN, i am not sure which network it was) that heir polls were based on those people who called their network? If i remember correctly they said 600+ people called....i would hardly call that a majority of people in the Miami area...

And last but not least....Bout Time... your quote on Josef Goebbels applies to your comment....

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bush failed miserably last night. plain and simple
And now...time for terror alerts!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush failed miserably last night. plain and simple
And now...time for terror alerts!

Failed in what exactly dgtempe? please do show more than what the networks did on interviewing 600+ or so people and "assuming" from those interviews that most people were in favour of Kerry..... because of last night's debate... and now time for more stupid anti-Bush tactics....i leave the floor to the liberals/democrats.

---edited for spelling errors---

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join