It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel accuses Iran of deception after agreeing to UN nuclear inspections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Israel's Defence minister voiced scepticism yesterday over an agreement by Iran to open up its nuclear facilities to UN inspectors, saying that the Iranians were trying to create a "deception of progress" to stave off international pressure. The cool reception from Ehud Barak signalled that Israel will not ease up pressure on the international community to curb Iran's nuclear programme.

Source

So, Iran makes a deal to agree to the UN, which is what all thses countries want, except Israel. They won't be happy unless they can turn all of Iran to glass with a couple well placed Nukes.

How fair is it that Iran complies with international pressure to allow inspections, and yet Israel continues to push war with them?! Israel is probably the most hypocritical country out there.. They are allowed to have nukes, that they wont disclose how many OR join any nuclear council. Then when Iran wants to get into nuclear tech, for as they say medical and energy resources (which may or may not be true) they are constantly verbally attacked and threatened with annihilation by Israel for even suggesting it! How fair is that?! Isreal should be forced to comply with the nuclear councils, admit officially they have nukes and disclose their own information before going after Iran!

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Israel is paranoid.

2nd line

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Paranoia is good for business.
Business is booming.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

How fair is it that Iran complies with international pressure to allow inspections, and yet Israel continues to push war with them?! Israel is probably the most hypocritical country out there.. They are allowed to have nukes, that they wont disclose how many OR join any nuclear council. Then when Iran wants to get into nuclear tech, for as they say medical and energy resources (which may or may not be true) they are constantly verbally attacked and threatened with annihilation by Israel for even suggesting it! How fair is that?! Isreal should be forced to comply with the nuclear councils, admit officially they have nukes and disclose their own information before going after Iran!

Thoughts?!

You've more-or-less summed it up so there's not much I can add. Sure, Iran bluffs and blusters a bit, but I consider that entirely understandable given their situation - even if it's not desirable.

The intelligence agencies and agents I'm personally aware of (mainly CIA and Mossad) all pretty much agree that Iran is not acting irrationally, is seeking nuclear weapons for AT MOST deterrent capacity (if at all) due to how they perceive our & Israel's foreign policies and goals (responding, not initiating), is not an existential threat, and according to Panetta himself, Iran's not even working on the nuke (as yet, anyway).

Is Iran a lovely country? Well their leadership is definitely screwy, they've got some practices I really don't like, and they have other issues they need to sort out.

Are they the terrible threat we keep trying to make them out to be? Of course not - they're generally people much like ourselves when considering the common person, and if they didn't FEEL we were persecuting them as strongly as they think we are, I think these fronts would be much more quiet.

I simply cannot believe the propaganda spewed by US and Israeli politicians and outlets, if for NO other reason than previous experience - and I've got quite a few other reasons anyway.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sure, let UN in...
While they're in the sites, less chance of them getting bombed.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Again with the stalling and while they stall the % of enrichment climbs and climbs until the grade required is reached...

Every so often they agree to this when the pressure is mounting and nothing ever comes of the inspection , they will have another little falling out over some trivial detail and inspections will not go ahead

Dont get me wrong i am not pro Isreal , if i was Iran i would be desperate for a nuclear weapon just to even the playing field when talking to the worlds big boys..

But i fear this is just a stall .. again ...

i wonder how long the world will keep buying this?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Why Israel is paranoid? Well, they read Bible Code, and there it says, Jerusalem will be hit by a nuke. They seek and turn every stone, to avoid that prophecy. (perhaps they should seek therapy instead)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by Nspekta

Why Israel is paranoid? Well, they read Bible Code, and there it says, Jerusalem will be hit by a nuke. They seek and turn every stone, to avoid that prophecy. (perhaps they should seek therapy instead)

Oh yeah those bible codes... so reliable... they can tell the future, or should I say the past, after it happens... wow... great system...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
israel will never be happy... Won't let the inspectors in? You're hiding something. Letting them in? It's all a show and their hiding something.

israel is the place that the UN should go. The human rights branch, the war crimes investigators, and the nuclear inspectors should all go to israel... If it were to ever happen, nothing would happen to israel of course because they are the "poor persecuted holocaust victims" and nobody wants to be called "anti-semetic" these days but at least it would give intelligent people some kind of report to relate to...

israel, you're so afraid of iran, but the world knows you are the ones to be feared because of your paranoid schizophrenic tendencies...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Of course Iran is stalling - everybody knows that. Iran plays their game, Israel plays theirs. It won't make any difference; as soon as the US elections are done the bombs will start dropping.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Sure, let UN in...

So we all though. But the UN has'nt accomplished much in Syria on the contrary their presence worsened matters.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazzyolme

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Sure, let UN in...

So we all though. But the UN has'nt accomplished much in Syria on the contrary their presence worsened matters.

Thats because when you are a country with a corrupted or psychopatic government like the us and Israel you cant let people see that help can come in a less corrupted way. So after you've destabilized and destroyed the countries like syria you continue the destabilization to give the illusion that there are still a terror threat and that only you can help make it right..... At the right price.

This move is most welcomed... Maybe it can help underline what both CIA and mossad has said: that iran is no threat.
Then we need to turn our gaze at the israeli leadership and put them through the same amount of sanctions until they completely dismantle their nuclear assets. They are not special and should be treated accordingly...
edit on 24/5/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/5/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't believe you have a Porsche, let me peek over the fence
I don't believe you have it inside the garage, open the garage
I don't believe your Porsche works, give me the keys
I don't believe your car is actually drivable, let me try it
Thanks for your car.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Israel accuses Iran of "deception"...........

Iran learned how to beat Israel at its own game. LMFAO
edit on 24-5-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

My thoughts, we should wait for the results of the Baghdad meeting(s), of which an unscheduled second day of talks has been scheduled.

Once the results of these meetings is known, we will have more information with which to form an informed opinion.

My preliminary uninformed opinion is if these talks in Iraq do not have a favorable outcome, the EU an US sanctions will go into effect sometime in June, and there will be fireworks shortly thereafter. The question will then be, will the Russians come storming through Georgia, or remain an observer on the sidelines.

Interesting times.

new topics

top topics

join