It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Queen Elisabeth II lose her crown on Candian coins after 9/11????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is an interesting observation I have made and I am stuck to understand why, and also I'm relating it to 9/11 but I'm not sure if it could go in another forum maybe.

I haven't yet looked at other coins, but I noticed that the Canadian coin below and there are plenty more has the Queen on one side but she has her crown on.

2000:

Then post 9/11 well it doesnt happen straight away as maybe they needed to print them and all, but as soon as 2 years after 9/11 the Queen is again on one side of the coin, but this time she hasnt got a crown on.

2003:

2004:

2005:

The website where I found these images is here:

Canadian Coins

It maybe a coincedence or maybe its not, but appart from 9/11 I cant think of any reason why the Queen need not wear a crown anymore on Canadian crowns.

So looked into it a little bit, to see what the meaning of the crown is, and asked Google the question

Why does the Queen wear a crown? And found this answer.

It is worn as an emblem of sovereignty, of royalty and of dignity. It represents the governing power of a monarchical state. The queen is head of that state.

It's because she is head of state, and an emblem of sovereignty.

So did the Queen lose her sovereignty and also what does sovereignty mean:

You have the authority to make the decisions for the territory you controll. No outside entity has the jurisdiction to over-rule your decisions. If they don;t like what you are doing they have to go to war with you so they may gain control.

Did 9/11 change the rules of play around the world, and was power of land handed over to new people.
edit on 23/5/12 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think it has more to do with being more up to date or modern. On the first coin, she is still young and it is after a photo of her and in the second one, she is older and more represented the way we see her when she goes and does her visits.
I mean it is very rare for her to wear that crown nowadays, so it isn't a really good representation, whereas people can sort of relate to her more without, because that is how they know her from TV or other appearances.

Having said that, who knows. Maybe there is more to coins and their meanings.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm sure the Canadian Mint has a reason as to why the crown is no longer on the Queen's head on the quarter, and i'm also sure that the reason has nothing to do with the events of 9/11.

Periodically there are new portraits introduced by Canadian artists for consideration, and I assume the only way we will ever know the answer to this question would be to question the artist of this image.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Yes like you say who knows? and that is why I posted it in honesty.

There could be meaning to it, as the crown does represent something important, and in the lesser case of wanting to appear more modern would the Queen be represented without her crown.
edit on 23/5/12 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

British monarchs are often portrayed on coins without crowns. Queen Victoria's head was shown without a crown when young and then with a crown when old.

Linking QE 11's change with 9/11 is quite a stretch but no more than I see every day here.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Beatrice of the Netherlands is taking over as the new queen?
(possibly?)

Beatrice is related to the queen, & would be next in line so to say,
That's why they killed Diana (along w/ getting knocked up by a Muslim)
& buried in the royal inbred monarch pet cemetery.

Watch for Beatrice in the future & her role in the monarchy.

S&F
Good observation!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Not unless Charles dumps Camilla and hooks up withe Beatrice. Now that would make for another fab wedding.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Not unless Charles dumps Camilla and hooks up withe Beatrice. Now that would make for another fab wedding.

Trade in the old hag for a youngin'.

Charles wouldn't have an objection to that!

Now how to eliminate his wife....Hmmm

(to be continued)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils

(to be continued)

What do you mean " for a youngin " ? I just googled Beatrice/Beatrix and it said she was born in 1938. So a decade older than Charles.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Beatrice is 23! Beatrice of York

Born on 8-8-1988

Very symbolic birth day (all 8's)

8's are very powerful numbers...

(to be continued)

What do you mean " for a youngin " ? I just googled Beatrice/Beatrix and it said she was born in 1938. So a decade older than Charles.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Beatrice of York is 23
Born 8-8-1988
8's are very symbolic in the occult mystery rituals.

She is gonna be significant in the future.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
QE II Sans crown 1953 - 1964

Canadian Mint

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How do you relate this to 9/11 when the first changes you note occurred two years later.
I think its just an updated rendering of the queen. The crown is kind of an old world symbol. Perhaps they removed it to appear more modern. The new rendering also shows an older queen.

But mostly I just wait for the 9/11 connection because I just dont get how you made that jump.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

(possibly?)

S&F
Good observation!

What planet are you from visitor?
The next in line for the throne is Charles after him its Andrew, then Harry, then it goes to the children of Charles brothers then, well you get the idea. The lady you mention has as much chance of sitting the throne as I do.
And Diana is buried on an Island on her fathers estate not in a pet cemetary. answers.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

(to be continued)

Seems to me he traded in the young and beautiful one for the old and ugly one but the brits are crazy about their dogs so......

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yeah, bandanas were very popular in the 60's.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In Britain, at least, it's actually more usual for the Monarch to be depicted without a crown. And as already shown, Canadian coins (and UK coins) used to show the young Queen without a crown. Her father was always depicted on coins (in the UK) without a crown.

I guess it's down to the coin designer at the time, the image he chooses to use. But there would appear to be no relevance to it whatsoever.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

(possibly?)

S&F
Good observation!

What planet are you from visitor?
The next in line for the throne is Charles after him its Andrew, then Harry, then it goes to the children of Charles brothers then, well you get the idea. The lady you mention has as much chance of sitting the throne as I do.
And Diana is buried on an Island on her fathers estate not in a pet cemetary. answers.yahoo.com...

After Charles is William.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
In the UK she still has her crown on in most coins I come across , but I like the Canadian ones without the crown. It does look more modern and alike her than the UK ones we still have.
edit on 24-5-2012 by LightInside because: (no reason given)

top topics

join