FBI quietly forms secretive Net-surveillance unit

page: 1

join

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

FBI quietly forms secretive Net-surveillance unit

news.cnet.com

The FBI has recently formed a secretive surveillance unit with an ambitious goal: to invent technology that will let police more readily eavesdrop on Internet and wireless communications.

The establishment of the Quantico, Va.-based unit, which is also staffed by agents from the U.S. Marshals Service and the Drug Enforcement Agency, is a response to technological developments that FBI officials believe outpace law enforcement's ability to listen in on private communications.

While the FBI has been tight-lipped about the creation of its Domestic Communications Assistance Center, or DCA
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This doesn't suprise me, we all know about the NSA's ability to listen to basically any communication that is made in America.. and now it seems that the FBI is doing the same thing. What about warrants?!

Also, interesting that it was a secretively formed, then again,if they publicly announced it, then they would hafta answer questions right?!

The article also talks about being able to intercept and decode SKYPE convo's, so be careful ATSers!

Anyways, your thoughts?!

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No, this can't be true. The Patriot Act was passed to protect us from "terrorists". It was never intended to be used against Americans. They told us that to our faces. Surely they would never lie to us.

WAKE THE HELL UP, PEOPLE. WHEN ARE WE GOIG TO ~DO~ SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Um, how is it "quiet" and "secret" if you're posting about it?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Um, how is it "quiet" and "secret" if you're posting about it?

hehe good question! from reading the article, it was formed secretly and CNET somehow learned about it. It appears that part of the secret is the mandate of the unit and what exact types of communications they are able to intercept and what they are able to do with that information

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I found an answer to the police state. I am moving to Costa Rica and taking my business with me. Just spent two hours in a teleconference their foreign investment office. They will happily welcome us down the their wonderful country to operate a tourist based business.

Thanks to the apathy of Americans I am going to finally take the plunge and leave what I can't fix or change. On paper Costa Rica looks real nice, smart people, tech industries and more tourists than I can ever run out of.

Thanks for the Start USA but your time has passed.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Take me with you please!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Encrypt your wifi with AES-256 by using WPA-2
Use Tor Browser

What I do not understand is why don't they make HTTPS the defalt standard defacto for all websites. Would make things a lot better

Secondly why aren't phonecalls encrypted with something stronger like AES

Thirdly am I the only one who cares?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Wanna make it even better? I am starting a hot air balloon company there

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Encrypt your wifi with AES-256 by using WPA-2
Use Tor Browser

But how long before use of Tor becomes grounds for further investigation? After all, if you had nothing to hide you wouldn't be using it, surely? Why would anyone want privacy unless they were up to no good, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

When lots of people were making money hand over fist during the Real Estate boom I had a few clients take their hundreds of thousands of dollars and move to Costa Rica. I have heard nothing but good things from Americans that live there and I know your business will be a great success.

Oh yeah...and yes I would make it a better place just because I am happy and laughing almost all the time...lol

top topics

join