It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat-Connected PR Firm Awarded $20M to Promote Obama's Contraception Mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
By Matt Cover
May 22, 2012

Democrat-Connected PR Firm Awarded $20M to Promote Obama's Contraception Mandate

(of course, Who would expect a Republican connected firm to get a contract ?)

While everybody waits for the Supreme Court to decide the fate of ObamaCare, it seems the Department of Health and Human Services is actively moving fast to get certain parts of the controversial law in motion.

Especially the sections that "mandate" funding for what appears to be "advertising" campaigns that are assigned to paid contractors.

This latest quick draw McGraw effort is costing taxpayers $20 Million to boost awareness of Obamacare's "preventive services" mandate.

Funny how one "mandate" leads right into another "mandate" that makes somebody rich.
(it's a good example of "built in" corruption incorporated)

HHS is moving fast to avoid any "cancellations" that could happen if and when the SCOTUS strikes down all or any part of ObamaCare.

One glaring omission during the SCOTUS hearings was that they did not issue a "stay of enforcement" or a "freeze" while deciding the case !!

That allows the HHS to continue with the sections already in force.

I wonder if a "refund" clause exists in these recent contracts ??

I smell lawsuits galore if and when the SCOTUS strikes down ObamaCare !!

(CNSNews.com) – The Department of Health and Human Services has awarded a $20-million contract to a Democrat-connected public relations firm, which will promote awareness of Obamacare's "preventive services" mandate.

Under that mandate, all health-care plans must cover -- without any fees or co-pays -- all FDA-approved contraceptives, including those that cause abortions, as well as sterilizations.

The public relations firm hired to conduct the PR campaign, Porter Novelli, is a global firm whose leadership team features former Obama campaign surrogate and Democratic operative Catherine "Kiki" McLean.
www.porternovelli.com...

There are many hidden sections in ObamaCare that "mandates" taxpayer funding for "public awareness"

The $20-million taxpayer-funded public relations campaign is mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, an HHS official told CNSNews.com.

“Section 4004 of the Affordable Care Act required the department to conduct this effort as one way to encourage utilization of preventive benefits and services,” the official said.

“This public education campaign is part of our ongoing education efforts that will inform the American people about the steps they can take to prevent disease and illness and stay healthy.”

Section 4004 of the legislation requires HHS to conduct an “education and outreach campaign regarding preventive benefits,” using radio, television and online media in a campaign that, among other things, “explains the preventive services covered under health plans offered through [ObamaCare].”

The campaign also “promotes the use of preventive services” including those covered under the sterilization-contraception-abortifacient mandate, HIV screenings for “at risk” youth, and diet and obesity prevention services for children.

According to the law, the campaign “may include the use of television, radio, Internet, and other commercial marketing venues and may be targeted to specific age groups based on peer-reviewed social research.”

The campaign may also use humor and what the legislation describes as “nationally recognized positive role models.”

If ObamaCare goes down,

Do we get our money back ?????????

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is all part of Pelosi's Obamacare Surprise that she talked about when it passed. It's the tax payer funded paybacks...

Eric Whitaker just got a $6million payback too thanks to the "affordable" care act. Affordable...
why does that make me laugh every time I read it??

www.foxnews.com...

Let's not forget Obama's bundlers at Solyndra who were apparently due a little payback too!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Romney but it seems Obama is worse

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The really sad thing about this...the crying will start when the Americans
finally realize they have been duped!

No tax refunds for you!

Re-distribution of wealth strikes again!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is a really stupid and tiny thing to cry about, and shows the absolute ignorance of any poster who thinks 20 million for public relations is some kind of national disaster. There are cities that spend almost that much on PR, I can't see how educating the public about medical benefits is a terrible thing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Funny, i didnt see people here complaining when the house voted to raise military (and war) spending here just last week.. I guess this the serious hard hitting issues we need to worry about.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This is a really stupid and tiny thing to cry about, and shows the absolute ignorance of any poster who thinks 20 million for public relations is some kind of national disaster. There are cities that spend almost that much on PR, I can't see how educating the public about medical benefits is a terrible thing.

The people standing in the bread lines might disagree.

The terrible thing is .....

Bureaucratic Corruption

It makes people rich at the expense of people in the bread lines that payed taxes when they had jobs a few years ago.

top topics

join