It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42 percent of Ky. primary voters choose ‘uncommitted’ over Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A sign o' the times for Obama... when 86,857 people cast a vote for "uncommitted" vs. 119,277 votes for Obama.

Wow! KY sent a clear message...

President Barack Obama won the Kentucky Democratic primary Tuesday, but 42 percent of primary voters chose “uncommitted” over Obama.

Over half of Kentucky’s 120 counties went for “uncommitted” — a candidate with a notably bare-bones campaign. Obama led with 119,277 votes, with “uncommitted” receiving 86,857 votes, with 99 percent of precincts reporting.

Remember the WV primary

Tuesday’s results were another embarrassment for the Obama campaign, after federal prisoner and noted hair stylist Keith Judd won 42 percent of the vote in the West Virginia primary two weeks ago.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Don't attack the people of KY or WV. Their message is clear...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I live in KY. and will be voting Ron Paul even if I have to write him in lol, the 2 other choices are crap, Paul seems to be the best candidate...and it's pretty funny that Ron Paul is still in there even with the media black out and not much being talked about,

But most of the western states think we still have dirt roads and walk barefoot. We may seem like some hillbillies but we know when we are getting screwed lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Naw, Obama didn't campaign, advertise, or try to gather any votes. And Democrats and Obama supporters know that Obama is the Democratic nominee, and didn't bother to waste time voting. I wouldn't if I lived there. So the results are badly skewed in the favor of people wanting to stir the pot (literally in some cases). I don't think these results have any impact on the general election, and are just a fun curiosity.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Have you ever voted in a primary?

In most states there are way more people/offices on the ballot than just the president. I have a friend who ran in a primary and if I had been an Obama supporter I would have gone to vote for her. The primaries aren't just about the President. People going to vote in primaries are not just likely voters, they are real voters who care about all their representatives, not just President, and typically are very politically astute and active voters.
This does mean something.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
OH NO...do you mean Obama might lose Kentucky???

I mean...McCain won it by 16 points in 2008...but I'm sure Obama was really hoping to take that state this year

I'm really not sure how you think this is any kind of relevant news.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Now, you're just hurting my feelings
Thanks for posting though... Obama's desperation is getting dangerous..

A vote for the big "O" is just a vote for.......

Kentucky is a closed primary state, these are registered democrats voting. Not independents.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

Have you ever voted in a primary?

In most states there are way more people/offices on the ballot than just the president.

A good point. But maybe I've never voted in a primary, not everybody lives in the "states", or in a country with a pre-election election. And another poster makes a good point that Obama won't win Kentucky anyway, so the mindset of the majority of the people there are already anti-Obama and what better way to show it than try to embarrass him. The most interesting thing about this tactic is if his "opponents" in other states (I see Kentucky's vote was for "uncommitted") pick up any convention delegates, who will become a quirky focus of media attention come convention time.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I saw an earlier post said that this was a closed primary. Meaning only Democrats were allowed to vote for Democrats.
What happens is if you are Republican you are given one ballot with only republicans who want to run in the general election. These are republicans running against each other for the republican spot on the general election ballot. The reverse is true for Democrats.

Therefore, the people who voted on that particular ballot had to be registered Democrats who I can almost guarantee you voted for Obama in the last election. Maybe less than 1% did not vote for him in the last election. That means that according to your theory, people in Obama's own political party were trying to shame him.
That is what the big deal is.

Republicans or the people in the opposition party were not allowed to vote on this particular ballot. That is what makes it significant. It says that large numbers of Democrats are deserting the President in the general election in that state.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anyone out there saying Obama has a slam dunk of a second term is not living in reality that dude is close as hell to becoming a one termer.

They don't like Biden they are tired of his lies and they are spinning how America just loves that failure the creme de la creme is today how Carney spun how Obama has spent the least out of all the presidents since Reagan.

A Felon can get 42% of the vote without press coverage or a dime of pac money or union money may November be the change we seek.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Anyone out there saying Obama has a slam dunk of a second term is not living in reality that dude is close as hell to becoming a one termer.

They don't like Biden they are tired of his lies and they are spinning how America just loves that failure the creme de la creme is today how Carney spun how Obama has spent the least out of all the presidents since Reagan.

A Felon can get 42% of the vote without press coverage or a dime of pac money or union money may November be the change we seek.

The people who think Obama is a slam dunk for a second term are just looking at the polls and the electoral college. The question is not is Obama going to win, its just how big that win will be. Romney has to move to the center and try and win back women and hispanic voters but, he went so far right in the primary he risks ruining the far right support he already has. He will get a bump after the convention but, his platform is complete wreck and seems to be in a no win situation. Pander to the skeptical far right and scare of the center. Pander to the Center and scare off the far right and get smeared with commercials showing himself flip flopping. He also has a big issue with trying to go against pulling out of Afganistan, the polls show America wants out. Even if Romney could sucker Jeb or Rubio into running as VP it will not be enough to overcome the problems created in that mess of a primary.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama's democrat base have spoken in three states.

Interesting analysis here that should get people thinking. You know Obama is..
www.breitbart.com...

top topics

join